Shoutbox

Save toby.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Save toby.. (/showthread.php?tid=42814)

Save toby.. by paperless on 04-14-2005 at 10:30 PM

LoL..

1 or 2 days ago i was watching the news on TV and they talked about a man in the USA saying he would eat his rabbit if people dont give him 50 thousand dollars...

rofl.. this is so stupid i laughed a lot.. i mean who the heck is gonna pay? Well.. there are people who DID buy t-shirts and cups etc and he has earned 24 thousand so far......

rofl....

http://savetoby.com

BTW, i think serveral organizations and maybe police ( not sure ) are after him... Because they think this is emotional blackmail

RE: Save toby.. by MeEtc on 04-14-2005 at 10:36 PM

Yeah, I saw it posted on another board about a week ago. $25k raised and counting. What a scam...

RE: Save toby.. by *Saint* on 04-14-2005 at 10:36 PM

:lol: what a scammer

RE: Save toby.. by Ezra on 04-14-2005 at 10:37 PM

This is the best scam i've EVER seen :P...

Well... next to John Titor ;)

RE: Save toby.. by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 10:38 PM

Will be good to see if he does cos:

a) that's against the law
b) commiting animal crulety
c) scamming

and if he does that i will protest outside his house, til I get arrested.

That's just completely out of order and i will be supporting any anti-eat toby

RE: Save toby.. by paperless on 04-14-2005 at 10:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Will be good to see if he does cos:

a) that's against the law
b) commiting animal crulety
c) scamming

He answers that questions here: http://savetoby.com/legal/

He has received several emails saying "ill kill you" and such... http://savetoby.com/updates/3.php
RE: Save toby.. by MeEtc on 04-14-2005 at 10:40 PM

According to the about page, it is not illegal and the author has yet to commit any creul acts, so he could still get away with it if he plays his cards right

RE: Save toby.. by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 10:41 PM

Possibly but if he wants tens of thousands of mad american protesters outside hes house, he will watch it.

I'd be there protesting too!

edit:

here read this:

Extortion is a criminal offense, which occurs when a person obtains money, behaviour, or other goods and/or services from another by wrongfully threatening or inflicting harm to his person, reputation, or property.

Take notice to the line that says “to HIS person, reputation, or property”. This is a key phrase because yes, I am threatening Toby’s life, but Toby is MY property. There is no law against threatening your own property.

HOWEVER....

I rescued him several months ago. I found him under my porch, soaking wet, injured from what appeared to be an attack from an alley cat.

So is the rabbit techincally his if he found it? It belongs to someone else

RE: Save toby.. by Purity on 04-14-2005 at 10:45 PM

Sick basterd :dodgy:.

RE: Save toby.. by MeEtc on 04-14-2005 at 10:46 PM

Yeah. good point. the whole 'finders keepers' deal. Lets send in the army

RE: Save toby.. by paperless on 04-14-2005 at 10:47 PM

This is in fact a wise way to get money with ease... he did it well..

People are stupid because:

Donating will give other people the same ideas and we will start seeing more sites like this around the net.

He will probably not kill the rabbit if he loves him that much..or maybe he will.. who knows?

But more important than everything..

You can find a rabbit in the restaurant FFS!!

The only stupids here are the people who help his pockets...

EDIT: OMG mwe.. you are a genious..if he went to court that could be an argument that could put the judge thinking...good point (y)

Ahah i will laugh if he goes to jail or something because of this..

RE: Save toby.. by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 10:50 PM

Looks like his paypal account got disabled. When you click the balance you get an error message:

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

RE: Save toby.. by paperless on 04-14-2005 at 10:52 PM

He is using other mean to get donations:

http://savetoby.com/updates/2.php

RE: Save toby.. by andrey on 04-14-2005 at 11:00 PM

hehe
I think this  is a great idea to earn money...

And for those who think this is cruel, there are countries where rabbit is a regular meal and I guess those rabbits have a much crueler life, sitting in some small cages and then getting killed in a much crueler way.

What if he would have put a hen or pig on this site and said he would kill and eat it ?
We eat pigs and hens and nobody cares about how they lived of died. In the end, they are just meat.

This whole thing is so schizophrenic that I can just laugh at those people who think this is a cruel and sick animal slaughter and want to kill this guy when he kills this oh so sweet rabbit because they probably don't even know what tortures those pigs are going through that they eat all day.

I know it's not right to play with people's feelings the way he does.
It still is a cute bunny....but people in other countries eat cats, dogs and mice without being sued or hated.

just my opinion, it's not intended to offend anyone, I just want you to think about it :happy:

RE: Save toby.. by Pipish on 04-14-2005 at 11:55 PM

omg gay.

btw that not right he has actualy earned money :|

save me ffs

savepip.com :P

edit:

just had a look at this

http://savetoby.com/legal/

RE: Save toby.. by ddunk on 04-15-2005 at 05:54 AM

This guys not the first to do this:

http://www.krohm.net/bernd.htm (note that small text at the VERY bottom of the page)

Few others i've seen before too, but yeah.

EDIT: Oh, and http://www.killtoby.com/

RE: Save toby.. by kao on 04-15-2005 at 05:55 AM

genious =P

RE: Save toby.. by x-Stalker-x on 04-15-2005 at 02:46 PM

hmm
this save toby has been on the T.V the last week or so each time i watch it they say that they need to stop showing it on T.V because all that it is doing is making him more money.
YET not one T.V chanel has stoped showing the story.
and just yesterday they interviewed a man from mastercard (or something) asking them why they let the people pay the money and stuff, that dude said is that "the other guy that wants to eat toby is nut's and the compony will try and match and money given to the man that wants to eat the rabbit.
YET AGAIN they closed his acount wiht there compony down so now he can not recive money with them.

im not to sure how their going to match $ for $

RE: RE: Save toby.. by MeEtc on 04-15-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
EDIT: Oh, and http://www.killtoby.com/

$10 says its the same person, just trying to double his money
RE: Save toby.. by user44571 on 04-15-2005 at 02:52 PM

as the owner of two rabbits ( roxy and bugz) i must say i am all against this twisted idea

SAVE TOBY :'(

RE: Save toby.. by mwe99 on 04-15-2005 at 02:55 PM

Yeah, i got mad and reported him to

a) PETA
b) His online shop provider
c) I will be emailing his provider to tell them

Using the lines "lots of people are mad at this, do you really want your company joined with it" (A)

RE: Save toby.. by user44571 on 04-15-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Yeah, i got mad and reported him to

a) PETA
b) His online shop provider
c) I will be emailing his provider to tell them

Using the lines "lots of people are mad at this, do you really want your company joined with it" (A)

[insert go you image here]

good on ya, i hope the cops find that guy so that the bunny can get saved
RE: Save toby.. by .Roy on 04-15-2005 at 03:59 PM

read this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7406483/

I think this idea is kind of smart (a) you know of blackmailing for money.

smart but evil

RE: Save toby.. by andrey on 04-15-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pawz
good on ya, i hope the cops find that guy so that the bunny can get saved
wtf ?
this rabbit has (had :tongue:) a good life i guess
have you ever eaten rabbit ? what are you on about, there is nothing wrong with eating a rabbit ffs.

Yeah, these guys play with people's feelings but nobody is forced to donate, visit or even pay attention to the page.

Have you ever tried to save the pig, cow or hen you ate yesterday ?
They are cute too, and there seems nothing wrong with killing them to eat them.
why should the police even bother to rescue one "cute" rabbit while they are eaten regularily in other countrys ????
People eat cats and dogs too just as we eat cows, pigs and hens and there's nothing wrong with eating a rabbit damn it...

These fanatic activists really really annoy me, they are crying about one bunny getten eaten, why don't they make such a fuss about the hundreds of other species that are nearly eradicated or animals that are murdered by illegal wildhunters just to get a piece of lether ??
Would be much more useful.....

*sigh*

imo they are just seeking some attention to promote their organization, nothing more.
RE: Save toby.. by user44571 on 04-15-2005 at 04:41 PM

on camp they tried to feed us kangaroo and i refused coz all i could think about was my darlings being choped up.
and whenever i see somebody trying to kill an animal i yell at them and try to save the animal:P
yes im a freak

RE: Save toby.. by Exca on 04-15-2005 at 05:23 PM

I've already heard about it from my english teacher, he actually told me to go there :S what a load of bullshit...8-)

RE: Save toby.. by .Roy on 04-15-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by exca
I've already heard about it from my english teacher, he actually told me to go there :S what a load of bullshit...8-)

what were you guys talking about when he showed u that site
RE: Save toby.. by kao on 04-15-2005 at 07:43 PM

quote:
on camp they tried to feed us kangaroo and i refused coz all i could think about was my darlings being choped up.
and whenever i see somebody trying to kill an animal i yell at them and try to save the animal:P
yes im a freak
yet you regularly eat meat?
RE: Save toby.. by Mr. Gary on 04-15-2005 at 10:02 PM

well,

suppose he get all the money, how do you know he will NOT kill the little bunny??

i think this guy is smart, becuase charity is the worst defect in humans :(

RE: Save toby.. by Joa on 04-15-2005 at 10:27 PM

LOL.. for some reason whenever i see the title of this thread i keep on reading it as "Save toddy.." :lol:

anyway, that's the stupidest thing i ever read. :sad: poor bunny. but i bet that guy won't even eat him, he's just trying to get money. :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
$10 says its the same person, just trying to double his money
i agree ^o)

RE: Save toby.. by wj on 04-15-2005 at 10:34 PM

$15 says it's a hoax.

RE: Save toby.. by ShawnZ on 04-15-2005 at 10:39 PM

$15 says he doesnt even own a bunny :dodgy:

RE: Save toby.. by paperless on 04-15-2005 at 11:12 PM

My father is a hunter and he has killed many rabbits among other animals... what are you gonna do now?

What matters is that i have my freezer full of meat ( which i dont like tbh ).

RE: Save toby.. by Mak on 04-15-2005 at 11:50 PM

How cruel....imagine if someone ate you! :P
What a sick and horrible man doing this for money, bah!

What a scam...

RE: Save toby.. by andrey on 04-15-2005 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mak
How cruel....imagine if someone ate you!
*sigh*

are you vegetarian ?

Do you know the saying "Eat or get eaten" ? That's just the way nature works, animals eat animals and get eaten by other animals (mainly humans :tongue:).

Nothing cruel about that.
RE: Save toby.. by blackjack on 04-15-2005 at 11:56 PM

All can i say is.. Save toby (H).. i can ask my friend Bill to give him some money :lol: and more if he want he owns MS btw..

Well i think this guy has nothing to do in life.. that is sick.. trying to get paid or he kill a rabbit ¬¬ Get a Job i will tell him if i could :(

RE: Save toby.. by andrey on 04-16-2005 at 12:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaCkjaCk
that is sick.. trying to get paid or he kill a rabbit ¬¬
Again, what's so sick about that ?
Do you know how many thousands of animals are killed 'secretly' (not in the center of public attention) every day just to get eaten by us humans ? And the butchers killing them get money too.
Difference ? No, not really.
quote:
i can ask my friend Bill to give him some money
Hey give me 10.000 Euros and I'll eat my pet-cockroach :grin:
quote:
Get a Job i will tell him if i could
support@savetoby.com :tongue:
RE: Save toby.. by Jimcando on 04-16-2005 at 12:18 AM

Hmmm, very evil. But clever at the same time, expecially the way he plays with out emotions, http://savetoby.com/updates/8.php

RE: Save toby.. by blackjack on 04-16-2005 at 12:22 AM

No you did not understand.. the action is bad.. of course there are Hunters outthere to get some food to their families and that kind of stuff(My father hunts and goes fishing) i go with him sometimes and have fun, i dont mean killing is fun but.. i dunno.. but in this case is different.. he is asking for some recompense or he kill the rabbit.. he can kill it and eat it who cares. but this is becoming public and that kind of stuff.. :( some people may get ofended etc. Not a good action.. :S but well thats my view poing and i respect yours :)

RE: Save toby.. by DJeX on 04-16-2005 at 12:27 AM

STUPID! WOW HOW STUPID.

RE: RE: Save toby.. by Mak on 04-16-2005 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
quote:
Originally posted by Mak
How cruel....imagine if someone ate you!
*sigh*

are you vegetarian ?

Do you know the saying "Eat or get eaten" ? That's just the way nature works, animals eat animals and get eaten by other animals (mainly humans :tongue:).

Nothing cruel about that.

Well i am not a vegetarian and you quite right but i just think its weird to be eating a rabbit for a lot of money like that. I dunno y...lol it sounds cruel:P But i guess it aint....
RE: Save toby.. by user44571 on 04-16-2005 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
quote:
yes im a freak
yet you regularly eat meat?

if its dead theres nothing i can do to save it:P
RE: Save toby.. by Exca on 04-16-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
Originally posted by exca

what were you guys talking about when he showed u that site

We were being teached about Animal Farm, and the subject got out of hand:d
RE: Save toby.. by mwe99 on 04-16-2005 at 11:25 PM

He's probably gonna eat the rabbit whether or not he gets his $50,000.

RE: Save toby.. by DXtremz on 04-17-2005 at 12:46 AM

If you read the internet, you'd see that that is completely fake, he never gets anything, he raises the amount in the image periodically. It's all fake, another person did the exact same thing on another save____.com site. Come on, you seriously believe people would pay 24K for a freaking rabbit? Please.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/savetoby.asp

RE: Save toby.. by Dane on 04-17-2005 at 05:11 AM

SAD!  I hope someone attacks this man for this.  Watch him just do it anyway.

RE: Save toby.. by prashker on 04-17-2005 at 05:18 AM

No body touches the rabbits and nobody gets hurt!

Holy crud. Who would WANT to eat rabbit...

*SonicSam Thinks Of Who Would Want 2 Eat It

RE: Save toby.. by Odium696 on 04-17-2005 at 08:36 PM

This is stupid!!!
Come on everybody kill a rabit some time :P

When you gana eat them (y)

So what this people are doing is paying him not to eat the rabbit which at some point he will do :P

RE: Save toby.. by paperless on 04-17-2005 at 11:09 PM

I have a rabbit at home.. hum... well actually i have a bunch but only one is alive.. lol the other are in the freezer :P

* paperless starts having some mean ideas when he looks at his camera and paypal logo.

Nah.. i wouldnt eat a pet.. :/ She ( the rabbit ) is 3 ears old and is probably going to die soon because rabbit's life isnt much longer than that...

Oooh..damn.. i just reaclled the other rabbit i had.. welll its death was kinda sad infact.. :( It made me cry the way it died..

I live in 3rd floor and i had the window opened ..hum.. the cage was open by accident and it started jumping around..guess the rest...

I went to pick it up down there and man.. it looked really like all the bones were broken..

So!, as you can see some rabbits have a much more painful death.. 

BTW my cat fall(in the past) twice but fortunately it is a cat :P Only a small period of shock for him.

RE: Save toby.. by Odium696 on 04-18-2005 at 02:10 PM

He he

Cats...
They are awesome!

Anyway, I had 3 rabbits in my house and 2 dogs and 2 Cats...

Yea...  Nice combination:P

Alamos a month ago my sister let the cage open and one of the rabbit jumped of and the dogs got happy :S

They eat a nice meal that day.

RE: Save toby.. by Vilkku on 04-18-2005 at 02:37 PM

Give me 100k $ or I will eat  A BREAD!

(I suppose someone posted the same joke earlier but I don't care reading all pages :P)

RE: Save toby.. by .Roy on 04-18-2005 at 02:47 PM

I wonder what will happen when he gets to 50000 dollars. Thats if he does get that far. Because i dought he will throw all his website away because he got the money. I hope he doesnt say that he need another 50000 dollors so the bunny lives for an extra month. :S he could just keep on doing this ;)

RE: Save toby.. by MeEtc on 04-18-2005 at 02:49 PM

It seems as though the site has been pulled...
EDIT: nope, nevermind. seems to (unfortunatly) be back up now...

RE: Save toby.. by 3DCS on 04-19-2005 at 06:44 PM

This has to be the funniest thing that I've ever seen. (H)

Kudos to the concept,
but watch the PETA start protesting at his place...
he's going to need to install a water sprinkler system for them ;)

RE: Save toby.. by DaN00b on 04-19-2005 at 09:56 PM

THAT IS VERY CRUEL AND UNCALLED FOR! THAT SICK BASTARD! THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY~!

RE: Save toby.. by Naruto on 04-20-2005 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DaN00b
THAT SICK BASTARD! THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY~!
I agree... but the story of I'm gonna eat toby was funny I think its obvious that toby wouldn't get eaten
RE: Save toby.. by -dt- on 04-20-2005 at 08:40 AM

meh let him eat it , rabbits dont taste too good anyway (well atleast i didnt think so)

RE: Save toby.. by -Bogan- on 04-20-2005 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
meh let him eat it , rabbits dont taste too good anyway (well atleast i didnt think so)

rabbit stew is so fair nice you should try it sometime. I dunno about raw rabbit though.
RE: Save toby.. by haydos on 04-20-2005 at 02:22 PM

Well we have all heard about the merchandise being sold, cups, mugs etc but they have just put a new merchandise item. Lucky rabits feet, these are limited edition, only 4 being made...

Seriously now, I think this is a very smart idea by the owner, if he gets the money hes going to be very happy. For all the people complaining about how it is diguisting I dont see the problem, as audrey and others have said if it was a chicken or a pig we would look at it differently. This idea may be immoral, but really there is no animal cruelty that doesnt occur at animal slaughter places everyday.

RE: Save toby.. by -Bogan- on 04-22-2005 at 02:32 AM

Good on him I say praying on the stupid and kindhearted.

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn

This idea may be immoral, but really there is no animal cruelty that doesnt occur at animal slaughter places everyday.

I meen whats the diffrence between eating the rabbit raw or cooked if the owner wants to eat it raw then let him, there is no animal cruelty here the rabbit will be dead anyway what's the big deal.
RE: Save toby.. by Pr0xY on 04-22-2005 at 03:14 PM

Dude at my school Toby is a special ed kid who... oh man I'm an asshole.... :P