Shoutbox

isn't it possible... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: isn't it possible... (/showthread.php?tid=42815)

isn't it possible... by prtyanml8 on 04-14-2005 at 10:39 PM

.... to make a plugin or something that shows you who's using his/her webcam, like a webcam status...

RE: isn't it possible... by prashker on 04-14-2005 at 11:09 PM

I have no idea but that would be good.

RE: isn't it possible... by Ezra on 04-14-2005 at 11:13 PM

If you mean to see if they have a webcam there is already a msn function. There's a little webcam image next to the name of the contact at the chatwindow

If you mean to see if theyre using the camm, that's a breach of privacy.

and impossible because that contact would need the plugin too...

RE: isn't it possible... by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 11:27 PM

Yeah i agree with Ezra, it would be a good idea but some people would not feel comfortable with you knowing that sort of information etc.

And if the contact didn't have the plugin you wouldn't know if or not they did have their webcams on. Best bet it to just ask the person are they using it.

RE: isn't it possible... by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:33 PM

I don't really see the point in this. As well as being a privacy breech as has already been said, why would this information be useful? I certainly wouldn't care if my contacts were using their webcam.

RE: isn't it possible... by prtyanml8 on 04-15-2005 at 01:41 PM

it's just because I don't like to be bothered when I'm using my webcam so I don't have to switch conversations all the time and miss out on funny stuff (don't ask :P), and I know a lot of others think the same way too... and so if you can let people know you're using your webcam they hopefully won't bother you...

RE: isn't it possible... by Joa on 04-15-2005 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by prtyanml8
it's just because I don't like to be bothered when I'm using my webcam so I don't have to switch conversations all the time and miss out on funny stuff (don't ask ), and I know a lot of others think the same way too... and so if you can let people know you're using your webcam they hopefully won't bother you...

you can just set u'r status to busy or away, with a (don't bother me) tag, or (using webcam) or something and it's basically the same thing. :-/