Shoutbox

Locking Problem, Help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Locking Problem, Help! (/showthread.php?tid=42819)

Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:15 PM

Hi. I Downloaded MSN 7.0 Yesterday, Along With Plus! 3.50, But I'm Having a problem with the instant lock feature. I've always used this feature with 6.2 and I've never had a problem before. But Yesterday, When I locked my MSN, and logged out of my computer used account. [I'm using Win XP, by the way.] and someone else logged onto my computer. When I Logged back On, And Went to open my MSN, I Clicked the little icon in my Tray thing, and it was as if I Didn't click it at all. No password windows or anything came up. The Only Way I can get my messenger to work again is if I End the process and restart it, which is really pointless because then theres really no point of using the instant lock feature. Could someone please help me with this?

-Sarah

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:17 PM

I've never experienced this problem, but you could first try downloading the latest  Messenger Plus! 3.52.130 version. http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

EDIT: If you logged off, MSN messenger gets ended as do all processes on your user.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 11:24 PM

No, i haven't experienced this either. Mine usally works because i do the same

Try switching users as if you log off everything ends

The shortcut for switching is Windows Key + L

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:27 PM

By 'log off" i meant switch users..haha, Sorry for any confusion, But I've downloaded the newest version of plus, and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. It Works fine as long as noone else logs onto my computer. but if they do, it won't open.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:29 PM

The other users that log on, do they have msn messenger to run at startup? I'm not sure if this would affect yours, but it might cause some sort of conflict if msn is already running.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 11:30 PM

Mine works fine as i use this to change to my sister's account.

The newest version of Plus! is 3.52 so make sure you have that.

Are you running any other plugins? messenger discovery, stuffplug etc

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:32 PM

Well, my Sister has MSN running, but She doesn't use plus. But Its always worked before, with other versions of messenger.

and no, I havn't downloaded any other plugins or anything for plus, I Normally only use it for the lock feature...and yes, I've just downloaded 3.2...It doesn't seem to affect it in any way.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:36 PM

So before, when you switched users with MSN locked, your sister could log in, use msn, and when you logged back in, nothing had happened to your MSN?

If not then polygamy might solve the problem www.stuffplug.com. It's a plugin for plus! and has a feature to run multiple instances of MSN at once. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it might be worth a try.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 11:38 PM

Yeah i know it should work cos i do exactly the same.

Um it could be a program that you downloaded that is interfering with MSN messenger. It shouldn't be your sisters account though.

Does it work if you just leave MSN unlocked and switch users?

(Keep msn open, switch users, log back on, is MSN there and still working)

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:39 PM

yeah, When I logged back in, my MSN remained locked and things..and I just had to unlock it.

And I Don't think it has much to do with msn, Because she can leave hers running, its just that mine won't come back!

Yeah, If I leave it running, it'll still work fine, but that really defeats my purpose of using plus... I Hope this gets fixed, its making me Crabby.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:44 PM

Rahrah**, try what mwe99 suggested above with trying it unlocked. Also try when plus! isn't running and tell us what happens.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:45 PM

It works fine when it's unlocked with or without plus.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-14-2005 at 11:54 PM

Ok, I just tried it out and i get the same problem. Also after loggin back in, msnmsgr.exe is using up like all my CPU usage. I don't know a solution to this, sorry, but i'm sure someone, maybe patchou could explain whats happening or if there is a solution.

I've also searched the forums and can't find anything.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-14-2005 at 11:57 PM

Thats The Same Here. Its Nice To know Someone has the same problem, and that I'm not going crazy. Lets Hope Theres a solution to the problem soon...because thats basically what I Use plus for, to leave my MSN on, its a great feature.

Does Anyone else have this problem? it may be useful to know....because it could be a bug, and the it could be reported and fixed.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rahrah**
I Don't mean to double post, but I Need this thread brought back to the first page..This problem is really annoying me, and I'd like to know if it could be fixed.

You could always PM patchou to ask him to look at the thread.
RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-16-2005 at 05:46 PM

Oh really? I Didn't even think about that, Thanks.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Patchou on 04-16-2005 at 05:50 PM

Well, that's strange indeed.. I just tried to reproduce the problem and I couldn't. First, I'd like you to confirm again that you are not using any other plugin (go in the preferences and be sure no plugin is installed).

Please email me at mplus@patchou.com, I'll send you a test version so that we can work on the problem together.
Thanks,
Patchou

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-16-2005 at 06:00 PM

OKay, Thank You. Greatly Appreciated.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well, that's strange indeed.. I just tried to reproduce the problem and I couldn't. First, I'd like you to confirm again that you are not using any other plugin (go in the preferences and be sure no plugin is installed).

When you say "no plugin installed", does that just mean uncheck the plugin in preferences, or do I have to delete the plugin?

Tried it with unchecking the plugins, but the problem still occurs.
RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Patchou on 04-16-2005 at 06:02 PM

Just uncheck the main plugin option at the top of the window and restart Messenger, that way, no Messenger Plus! plugin will be loaded.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Rahrah** on 04-16-2005 at 06:03 PM

I havn't Downloaded any plugins, because I use plus! mostly for the locking, and text color thing. But I Have unchecked the plugin in preferances, and restarted messenger, just incase...it doesn't seem to help any.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Mila on 04-16-2005 at 08:36 PM

I have another problem: some time ago I locked up messenger with a password. Now I haven't used my pc for quite some time, and I lost my password. Is there anyway to change that password without using the old one? Í am sure no one changed it for me, cause I am the only one that uses this pc.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Zephyr on 04-16-2005 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mila
I have another problem: some time ago I locked up messenger with a password. Now I haven't used my pc for quite some time, and I lost my password. Is there anyway to change that password without using the old one? Í am sure no one changed it for me, cause I am the only one that uses this pc.

Open plus! preferences, go to privacy protection on the left, click on messenger lock and change the unlock password.
RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Mila on 04-17-2005 at 08:54 AM

That's just the problem. I can't even open preferences anymore. If you try to open it, it'll ask for the password.

RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Tochjo on 04-17-2005 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mila
I can't even open preferences anymore. If you try to open it, it'll ask for the password.
See CookieRevised's reply to Preferences Password for how to remedy that problem :)
RE: Locking Problem, Help! by Mila on 04-17-2005 at 06:25 PM

ahhhhh thnx!:D