Shoutbox

what's better? ordering online or buying in stores - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores (/showthread.php?tid=42831)

what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by TheMusicPirate on 04-15-2005 at 03:13 AM

what's better? buying online or in stores?

i want to get a laptop soon.

and i want to know is is better to buy in a store like futureshop/bestbuy

or to order from the net,from sites like:
AlienWare
Dell
VooDoo PC
Apple

if it is better to order online, state which place is better/cheaper in prices.

the only thing that i can think of that is good about buying online is that, you can customize the laptop, and in stores you can't.

RE: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by brian on 04-15-2005 at 03:16 AM

Obviously each has it own good/bad things. All tho, I suggest going instore.

You can get it @ the same time in a store, but when buying online you need to wait, plus, you pay more from internet (Shipping and Handling).

RE: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by Purity on 04-15-2005 at 03:17 AM

Well, you could buy it at a store if you wanted it right away, but usually when you are shopping online you can get great deals.  Depends, are you looking at a low price or does the price matter?

I perfer going to the store, because I know what i'm getting it's right there right in front of me, and I could just take it home.

RE: RE: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by TheMusicPirate on 04-15-2005 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Obviously each has it own good/bad things. All tho, I suggest going instore.

You can get it @ the same time in a store, but when buying online you need to wait, plus, you pay more from internet (Shipping and Handling).

true, well i just wan to get a cheap laptop like around $800 - $900 and then just upgrade it  when it needs to be upgraded. mainly i am only gonna use the laptop to play games, music,movies, do stuff in photoshop and stuff like that, so i want a good laptop but to to slow either. and i want a laptop with a AMD cpu or intel.
RE: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by marissa on 04-15-2005 at 03:21 AM

I'd say buying in a store for this specific item. If you're missing something from it, or it just doesnt work period you can walk to the store and get another one :\

RE: what's better? ordering online or buying in stores by Dane on 04-15-2005 at 03:24 AM

I think this type of thing is better Online as opposed to Instore.  Because most stores will have to order it from a factory anyway if you wanna customize it :-p.  Ordering Online is practically ordering direct from the factory.