Shoutbox

AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) (/showthread.php?tid=42869)

AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by .blade// on 04-15-2005 at 03:43 PM

This was posted a few days ago on the Playstation forums:
[Image: psp_aibo.jpg]

"Looks like the Aibo may be, unintentionally, the PSP’s new best friend. Apparently, the Japanese version of the PlayStation Portable can communicate with the infamous robotic dog — pressing combinations of buttons on the PSP will cause the Aibo to do various tricks, without resorting to any crazy hackery whatsoever. Either this is an unannounced or unintentional feature, or perhaps even robotic dogs can teach themselves some new tricks."
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000033039904/

Patchou has an AIBO, does he not? (Or was that just for the picture? :P) He should try this out :lol:.

I can just see it now:
NFSU: Rivals - "Perfect Shift!"
AIBO - *rolls over*

:P

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Fraisie on 04-15-2005 at 04:08 PM

Oh well, we will just have to try this !

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Chris4 on 04-15-2005 at 11:50 PM

Lol. very interesting.

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by gif83 on 04-16-2005 at 12:07 AM

hmmm this could be a bit dangerous... imagine you are playing on your PSP... and it unintentionally controls the electric wheelchair of the old person next door :o the consequences are unimaginable... well if you do try to imagine it you'd probably die of laughter

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Chris4 on 04-16-2005 at 12:08 AM

Lmao! I don't think so.. :P

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Hank on 04-16-2005 at 12:55 AM

Looks Pretty Good an to use :)

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Chestah on 04-16-2005 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
quote:
Originally posted by gif83
hmmm this could be a bit dangerous... imagine you are playing on your PSP... and it unintentionally controls the electric wheelchair of the old person next door :o the consequences are unimaginable... well if you do try to imagine it you'd probably die of laughter

:D soo funnyy.. but interesting thing! :)

lol i highly doubt that ;). It wouldn't be moving while your playing a racing game :P

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Ezra on 04-16-2005 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninja
This is actually an April Fool joke made by Famitsu magazine.. it's not true..

If you can read Japanese, you can refer here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/lets_caitsith/archives/18849489.html

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by albert on 04-16-2005 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
quote:

lol i highly doubt that ;). It wouldn't be moving while your playing a racing game :P

:dodgy: loll :P would be cool though! instead of your grandma asking you to move her, u just buy her a psp and tell her to have fun :)
RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by .Roy on 04-16-2005 at 02:08 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
quote:

:dodgy: loll :P would be cool though! instead of your grandma asking you to move her, u just buy her a psp and tell her to have fun :)

huh.. U wouldnt need to move her if she had an electric wheel chair..

Because only non electic wheel chairs need pushing. And i dought the psp has telepathic force
RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by .blade// on 04-16-2005 at 04:28 PM

It's not an April Fool's joke, it was posted on April 12th :P

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Yousef on 04-20-2005 at 01:39 PM

Pity it isn't true, why would the PSP send a signal to the aibo...
Anyway, it could be possible when you have a PSP SDK ;)
I kinda like the Aibo's; someone showed me last week what it's capable of (playing soccer, recognizing people, etc.)

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by haydos on 04-20-2005 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The small english print in that Japinese thing
Famitsu pulled a fast one with their 'Control Aibo with PSP' trick, which has just recently revealed (to the English-speaking part of the world anyway) to be a hoax.

RE: RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Chris4 on 04-20-2005 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by inc_haydn
quote:
Originally posted by The small english print in that Japinese thing
Famitsu pulled a fast one with their 'Control Aibo with PSP' trick, which has just recently revealed (to the English-speaking part of the world anyway) to be a hoax.

Thats not the small print. Someone commented and thats what they said. But if it's true....8o|
RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by Maniac on 04-20-2005 at 09:40 PM

Yeah well imagine Patchou playing a first person shooter and the next thing you know is Patchou's little doggy is biting Fraisie's ear off :rofl:

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by .blade// on 04-21-2005 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Yeah well imagine Patchou playing a first person shooter and the next thing you know is Patchou's little doggy is biting Fraisie's ear off :rofl:

That would be hard considering AIBO has no mouth :lol:
RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by paperless on 04-21-2005 at 06:09 PM

I read somewhere it was proven to be fake

RE: AIBO has a new master (Patchou might wanna take a look too :P) by .blade// on 04-21-2005 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
I read somewhere it was proven to be fake

No - someone posted "FAKE!" on the news page and then a lot of people assumed it was.