Shoutbox

[REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) (/showthread.php?tid=42946)

[REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by Dabbi on 04-16-2005 at 03:10 PM

I was wondering if someone could make a unique nickname plugin,
by unique i mean each contact sees the nickname i want them to see,

Example:
A) im talking to person "A" and i can set my name to "Dabbi" for only that person
B) im talking to person "B" is set my name to "David" for that person
C) i have not set a name for person "C" so it just sees my default name.

i know for a fact that this is possible, since you can have chat-only names with plugins like Stuffplug-ng and this is an option in a client named Mercury, so it would be great if someone could make this or even point out where to get a plugin like this.:D

and please comment on this idea

RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by linx05 on 04-16-2005 at 03:25 PM

It sounds like a really nice idea. I've never seen this done before (haven't downloaded Mercury) but it seems like a really nice feature.

RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by mwe99 on 04-16-2005 at 03:27 PM

So you mean multiple chat only names for certain contacts... That sounds a great idea (y)

RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by robochief on 04-16-2005 at 04:08 PM

That would be great, and if it'd had a per group possibility, even better! :)

RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by Ash_ on 04-17-2005 at 12:23 AM

sorry to burst the bubble. but changing your actual nick for each contact is impossible. although you could set a Chat only nickname for each contact(which hasn't been done yet).

maybe wait for another dev to see this thread. because 1 im to busy. and 2 i cant do the Chat only nick coding :P

RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by Mike on 04-17-2005 at 06:12 AM

Millenium_Edition done that long ago...

The name of the program was "MyCustomNix" or "MySweetNix" or something like that...

But he took it out because it was buggy (I didn't try it)...

You can PM him and ask for the program...

RE: RE: [REQUEST] Unique Nicknames for each contact (not what you think) by Dabbi on 04-17-2005 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
sorry to burst the bubble. but changing your actual nick for each contact is impossible. although you could set a Chat only nickname for each contact(which hasn't been done yet).

thats what i was talking about, using same method as chat only name, sorry i thought that was clear.