Shoutbox

The <3 after someones name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: The <3 after someones name (/showthread.php?tid=42983)

The <3 after someones name by Planescape on 04-16-2005 at 11:48 PM

Hi there

Someone on my Msn has got <3 after their name.  But out of the people I know who talks to this person only I have it in the contacts list.  Also it only shows up on MSN 7 + MSGPlus 5.2. 

Did I put it there somehow or did the my contact put it there?

RE: The <3 after someones name by *Saint* on 04-16-2005 at 11:50 PM

do your friends who also have him have MSN 7 if they dont it could be his personal message and since your on MSN 7 also only you would be able to see it

RE: The <3 after someones name by Tochjo on 04-16-2005 at 11:50 PM

In MSN Messenger 7 contacts can add a "Personal Message": this is a message that will appear after (or below, depending on your settings) your name in the contact list. If you see this in your contact list then your contact has added it. Your friends might not see it because they don't have MSN Messenger 7 installed :)

If you do, check out your contact list. Below the area where you can type your nickname you should be able to add something called a 'personal message'. You can add yourself to your own contact list to see the results ;)

RE: The <3 after someones name by Planescape on 04-17-2005 at 12:48 AM

See I did wonder about that but one of the people who can't see it also has msn 7 with msgplus 5.2.
Is quite bizarre, is there a way to personalise what particular people see as your  Personal Message?

Thanks

RE: The <3 after someones name by *Saint* on 04-17-2005 at 12:49 AM

i dont think you did this but you might have given him a custom name that only you would see  thats all i can think of

RE: RE: The <3 after someones name by haydos on 04-17-2005 at 07:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Planescape
See I did wonder about that but one of the people who can't see it also has msn 7 with msgplus 5.2.
Is quite bizarre, is there a way to personalise what particular people see as your  Personal Message?

Thanks

Ummm 2 things here, Your friend who cant see it may have a BETA version of MSN 7 and these people aren't able to see the personal message.

Also msgplus 5.2?? You may want to check on that because there is no such thing :)