Shoutbox

Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space (/showthread.php?tid=42989)

Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space by Joe on 04-17-2005 at 01:18 AM

Is there a possibility of the last personal message you put into the personal message box being re-entered, or kept in the message box among singin in and out?

I often want to keep a certain message in my personal message area, but i find it a bit annoying to have to re-enter it every time.

RE: Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space by EvilSeph on 04-17-2005 at 01:22 AM

I seriously don't get it. MSN Staff have told me the personal message isn't supposed to stay saved. Well known supporters from multiple communities do too. But for me, it stays. It has and probably always will be: "Beta Butterflies, out to play!".

As for support regarding this issue: I don't know why my personal message doesn't change. And I don't know of any way to enable saving of it. It's a feature of MSN Messenger 7, not a bug.

There may be patches out there, but I'm not allowed to meddle with such things so sorry if my support is incorrect. Feel free to correct me and delete my post if need be.

RE: Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space by Chestah on 04-17-2005 at 01:54 AM

EvilSeph thats exactly what my personalised message does.
Whatever it is when i restart my computer it is exactly the same message the next time i log back in.

When i'm using my mums computer my personalised message is exactly the same as what it was the last time i was on my mums computer.

I can log onto my mums with a different pmessage, then log onto my account using my computer and it will show the same message on my computer that it shows always :S.

The even stranger thing is that both these computers save their own version of my pmessage according to what was being displayed on them last.

RE: Keep the Last Message Put In "<Type a personal message>" Space by RaceProUK on 04-17-2005 at 12:11 PM

I think it's just the nature and intended use of PMs. I mean, if I'm on my PC, signing in and out of Messenger while testing, I can put 'Don't mind me: just tetsing' as the PM, but if I'm on someone else's computer, it can say 'Not my PC: not my fault' if the connection keeps dropping :)
You may find it differs on the same PC but under different Windows accounts?