Shoutbox

The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. (/showthread.php?tid=43017)

The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by Timmy_gobbles on 04-17-2005 at 11:29 AM

the file you selected is not a valid image file. please choose another.

Every time i want to add a certain .gif image it comes up with that image. i dont know whether its PLUS! Stuffplug or wat it is. Can any1 help??

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by linx05 on 04-17-2005 at 11:47 AM

In this in your Display Picture? I've tried adding .gifs to my DP just then, it worked.

Remember MSN doesn't allow .gifs to move in your DP. Check that it is an actual gif file. Download irfanview and open it in there. It will check the respected headers and change the extension.

Or just PM it to me :)

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by Timmy_gobbles on 04-17-2005 at 11:56 AM

Sorry i shooda have specified. It doesn't let me add certain animated .gif images as an emoticon and yet i've got over 80 of them that work but ive got alot more that doesnt let me add them. Any help?

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by RaceProUK on 04-17-2005 at 12:03 PM

It's possible the file is not quite to the standard. Some programs can work around these problems, but others can't: it depends on the graphics library. I have a few animated emoticons that never add correctly: one rescales, another doesn't even animate.

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by angel of death on 04-17-2005 at 09:48 PM

ya that happened to some of mine as well, but I have checked them and they ARE gif files.... but can't be added... o.O is there a way you can add these rejected gif emoticons in?

RE: The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another. by RaceProUK on 04-17-2005 at 11:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
It's possible the file is not quite to the standard.
I never said they weren't GIF files.