Shoutbox

How do u make c++ programs? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How do u make c++ programs? (/showthread.php?tid=43042)

How do u make c++ programs? by Supersonicdarky on 04-17-2005 at 05:56 PM

is there a special program to make type in the code or something?

(i feel like learning prog. ;))

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Stigmata on 04-17-2005 at 05:57 PM

borland c++

its free :)

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by DJeX on 04-18-2005 at 12:13 AM

Yes get Borland C++ Builder. Nice and easy for beginners. Also to learn Borland I have made a site full of Borland resources. Check it out. http://www.cppbuilderlinks.r8.org  I recommend reading the book on the site that’s what I learned from.

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Concord Dawn on 04-18-2005 at 12:18 AM

Or, if you can get a copy, go for Microsoft's Visual Studio. It's create for designing the GUI, and has tons of Microsoft help links (which I usually find quite good). Also it's guarenteed to work on your computer since it's made by Microsoft. I warn you though, don't use VS.net. It's a waste of money and resources. I regular VS *much* better.

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Chris4 on 04-18-2005 at 02:42 AM

Hey i'm new to C++. I'm going to learn it. I know about 0.1% :P

Question: Once I've learnt C++, what can I accually do with it?

Thanks!

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by lizard.boy on 04-18-2005 at 02:45 AM

well lets just say most of windows and linux distrobutuins are writen in a variation of c :) messenger plus! is too

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Chris4 on 04-18-2005 at 03:02 AM

Ok.. so you can make programs with it?

sorry im a n00b :P

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by prashker on 04-18-2005 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4

yes u can...
RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Chris4 on 04-18-2005 at 03:39 AM

ok thanks.

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by spokes on 04-18-2005 at 06:35 AM

Where do i get boreland c++ from? I might be able to learn it this time. Last time i couldn't be bothered lol

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by gnownoskcid on 04-18-2005 at 06:49 AM

For me I use Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html) since that's what my school's comps are installed with. Dev-c++ is also free. I haven't tried Borland C++ before. I have a copy of Visual Studio but didn't use it too much because I used to Dev-C++ from working at school. Dev-C++ seems to be ok but I can't make any comparison since I haven't tried too many editors/compilers.

RE: How do u make c++ programs? by segosa on 04-18-2005 at 07:01 PM

quote:

Well that's kind of the whole point of programming. Why would you want to learn it if you don't know what it does? I think you're gonna struggle a bit, especially with C++ >.<

Anyway, yes.. you make programs... every single program you use needs to be created by someone in a programming language.
RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Chris4 on 04-18-2005 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
quote:

Well that's kind of the whole point of programming. Why would you want to learn it if you don't know what it does? I think you're gonna struggle a bit, especially with C++ >.<

Anyway, yes.. you make programs... every single program you use needs to be created by someone in a programming language.

Thanks. I said I wanted to learn a "computer language". I learn some html, now I want to learn a different language. I new it was to make programs but I wanted to make sure.

And how was I suppost to know C++ was a programming language.
RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Supersonicdarky on 04-18-2005 at 09:23 PM

could someone volunteer to help me and be my toutor through MSN? (not at the moment)

RE: RE: How do u make c++ programs? by Grue on 04-18-2005 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Or, if you can get a copy, go for Microsoft's Visual Studio. It's create for designing the GUI, and has tons of Microsoft help links (which I usually find quite good). Also it's guarenteed to work on your computer since it's made by Microsoft. I warn you though, don't use VS.net. It's a waste of money and resources. I regular VS *much* better.

You can get a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 from http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/get/
But it is only free shipping to U.S. and Canadian orders, and it is just while supplies last so there is no guarentee you will get it