Shoutbox

Get a email from a profile - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Get a email from a profile (/showthread.php?tid=43043)

Get a email from a profile by riahc4 on 04-17-2005 at 06:04 PM

Is it possible from some program or some other way to get a person's email to add them to MSN Messenger from their profile? I know this use to be possible but MSN seems to have taken the feature away..

RE: Get a email from a profile by user27089 on 04-17-2005 at 06:09 PM

I doubt it, Microsoft have probably put that feature on to protect the feature from certain people, and prevention of possible paedofiles etc. as you can just do a search for younger people and would've been able to get the email address, therefore, putting those children at risk.

RE: Get a email from a profile by Millenium_edition on 04-17-2005 at 06:11 PM

impossible. the weird characters in the link are a hash calculated dependant from time & date... which makes it impossible to decrypt, especially since it's a hash.

RE: Get a email from a profile by riahc4 on 04-17-2005 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I doubt it, Microsoft have probably put that feature on to protect the feature from certain people, and prevention of possible paedofiles etc. as you can just do a search for younger people and would've been able to get the email address, therefore, putting those children at risk.

Yes but if you notice there is noone in the directory that can be allowed to put in their profile a age less than 18 so it should be possible.
Besides somehow someone must have figured out how it works when we right click on a contact and click View Profile and how it gets the email and goes to their profile....The reverse could then be easyly done...
RE: Get a email from a profile by Dempsey on 04-17-2005 at 07:23 PM

no, because when you open a profile like that it just goes to http://members.msn.com/email@domain.com

RE: Get a email from a profile by riahc4 on 04-17-2005 at 09:04 PM

:( Oh well.........the topic was worth it :P

RE: Get a email from a profile by vincerooney on 04-18-2005 at 02:09 PM

I've always wondered if this is possible too. Its a bit weird really to be able to search for profiles but not add the actual person. Why even allow people to view strangers profiles then? its all a bit pointless if the address isnt there.

RE: Get a email from a profile by Dempsey on 05-05-2005 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
I've always wondered if this is possible too. Its a bit weird really to be able to search for profiles but not add the actual person. Why even allow people to view strangers profiles then? its all a bit pointless if the address isnt there.
Well you can email the people from the profile page i think