Shoutbox

WindowsXp Start Buttons? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: WindowsXp Start Buttons? (/showthread.php?tid=43080)

WindowsXp Start Buttons? by banky on 04-18-2005 at 04:06 AM

Does anyone know where I could get some windowsXP start buttons that are easy to install no complicated stuff.

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Hank on 04-18-2005 at 04:09 AM

Search Google?

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by banky on 04-18-2005 at 04:56 AM

anyone else?

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Pr0xY on 04-18-2005 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Sausage
anyone else?
Did you even try searching google? 

Well go here and see if this is what you need.

If that doesn't work check this out, it should be what your looking for.

And remember... always use [Image: google.gif] before asking for help.... Google is your friend.
RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by M73A on 04-18-2005 at 04:13 PM

you mean styles? stylexp is ok for some people...or you can use the uxtheme.dll patch so u can use themes without stylexp installed (imo is better)

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Concord Dawn on 04-18-2005 at 04:24 PM

Could we lay off on the sarcasm please? Yes, I'll agree that you all have a point that you should search Google, but if you provide direct links, as Pr0xY has done, then it is much better.

You can find a few good programs, such as WindowBlinds or StyleXP that are easy to use. A much more complicated way is to patch your uxtheme.dll. The advantage of this process is that no external applications need to be running in order for the theme to work.

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Chris4 on 04-19-2005 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Could we lay off on the sarcasm please? Yes, I'll agree that you all have a point that you should search Google, but if you provide direct links, as Pr0xY has done, then it is much better.

You can find a few good programs, such as WindowBlinds or StyleXP that are easy to use. A much more complicated way is to patch your uxtheme.dll. The advantage of this process is that no external applications need to be running in order for the theme to work.

I downloaded WindowBlinds and it works great :D
The first time i've accually been able to select a theme without worrying my pc will crash etc.!

Thanks for that.
RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by midomany on 05-05-2005 at 09:39 PM

downloaded WindowBlinds and it works great

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by King For A Day on 05-05-2005 at 09:49 PM

windows blinds disnt have agreat range to choose from, all the ones on their site seem to be made by kids and look ugly, style xp is very good as it does logon and boot as well and lets you use most files

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Mike on 05-05-2005 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
as it does logon and boot
The company that made Window has made a free program that changes your boot screen...
I don't know about login screen though :-/

Here it is: BootSkin
RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Jhrono on 05-05-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

Don't, USE IT!...
It foxxored my pc once :(
RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Chris4 on 05-06-2005 at 12:37 AM

MySP 2.0
Click Here
Works well, but only trial.

Web Buttons XP
Click Here

RE: RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by rav0 on 05-06-2005 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

Don't, USE IT!...
It foxxored my pc once :(

Do, USE IT!...
It maxxes my pc look way cooler every time I boot into windows. Have used it on many installations of windows without problem. Perhaps your issue was one-off, or unrelated to BootSkin, Johny.
RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Pyroteq on 05-06-2005 at 12:07 PM

themexp.org has alot of stuff

And theres a way in the registry you can change your start bar to say whatever you want, altho ull have to google it because i wont be responsible for the outcome (My friend lost the start bar completley and i had to recover it and crap)

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by squall_leonhart69r on 05-06-2005 at 12:14 PM

the forum that you can access through my sigpic is the home forum of WindowsX

the creator of MSN6X skins and the Longhorn transformation pack

we have a section dedicated to helping people customise the Windows GUI

and scone, you can't change the taskbar to whatever you want in the registry

the way the startbar looks is set by windows files

just in luck that we have a few members editing these files on a regular basis to change thier windows gui appearance

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Martijn. on 05-06-2005 at 01:02 PM

I'm using NeoTheme:):

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=283284

Click on the "Patch" tab and hit "Patch uxtheme.dll", reboot and you can use themes from www.themexp.org ;)

On a side note, there's some spyware around on themexp, to get around it, download a theme and execute the spyware installer, but immediatly click cancel. Do this until you simply get .zip files containing the requested style:).

About bootskin: Before I installed SP2 I've used BootXP for 6 months, and later I've tried bootskin for about 1 month, and to be honest, bootskin is indeed very unstable, I've had plenty of blue screens during boot. When I was still using BootXP, I only had one BSOD in 6 months, when I was using bootskin, I used to have about five BSOD's a week...

Right now I''m back at the default bootscreen, but maybe I'll change it again someday:).

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by squall_leonhart69r on 05-06-2005 at 01:05 PM

Window Blinds doesn't cause BSods for me

and Style xp is good

just make sure you repatch the UXtheme.dll if using SP2

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by YottabyteWizard on 05-08-2005 at 09:52 PM

WindowsBlinds is the best program for changing themes. on www.wincustomize.com you can find also DesktopX wich is an awesome program to change the desktop, but I don't use it because almost all the themes are for 1280x1024 resolutions and my monitor doesn't support it. Anyway, there's algo a program to change the longon screen on WinCustomize, bootcreens, and a whole bunch of programs more(Y). I'm so happy there are this kind of programs to change themes (I'm tired of the ones XP has) just right after WindowsXP don't use anymore PLUS! (Theme changer) from Win98:(

RE: WindowsXp Start Buttons? by Chris4 on 05-09-2005 at 11:21 PM

* Chris4 agrees with post above

I'm using WindowsBlinds at the moment. Apart from the popup that comes up when you first log into windows, its great. Very easy to use.

When I use Style XP itseems to mess up my pc. 8o|