Shoutbox

Auto-Reply robot - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Auto-Reply robot (/showthread.php?tid=43083)

Auto-Reply robot by la3toot on 04-18-2005 at 05:41 AM

Hi All .. I'm a VB Developer and just touched the MsgPlus Plugin issue and got a good background about making a plugin ..

I want to design a Robot to respond to messages I recieve while being away .. I know that I can make an auto respond , but I want the auto-respond be up to the message I recieve from the contact .

*EXAMPLE :
(contact) : Hi
(AutoRespond) : Hi
(contact) : How are you ?
(AutoRespond) : fine

I have the message-processing code , but what I need to know is how to parse the messages I recieve from one contact in a chatting session and reply to it ? in other words , how can I make a plugin that can read messages I recieve from one contact and reply to it ..

Thanks a lot for your time ..

RE: Auto-Reply robot by Ash_ on 04-18-2005 at 06:03 AM

Hello. Welcome to the Forums.

many developers want to make a bot and so far the Plus! API and the Messenger API does not allow you to find out what messages are recieved. how ever this does not mean it's impossible. i suggest looking up on how to hood windows. there was a certain method shown the me by a regular forum'er which executed the code you want.

if i remember it was a GetWindowText call but i cant remember correctly. look at that call some more and maybe some other hooks. google for 'Getting Text from Window API' etc etc. i suggest AllApi.net they provide a detailed page on each API call and even have examples.

i hope you solve your problem :)

RE: Auto-Reply robot by eckocomplex on 04-18-2005 at 09:22 AM

Watch out for msgdiscovery x, it will have a very powerful API, which will be the power you need to code a plugin like that.

RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot by Hilikus on 04-18-2005 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
many developers want to make a bot and so far the Plus! API and the Messenger API does not allow you to find out what messages are recieved.

Im also trying to do that, however im doing it in c++, i hate vb. do you know how msgplus does it?? i know there must be some interception in messages such as the ones sent for the new sound library feature

the only way is hooking my app. to messenger???

RE: Auto-Reply robot by Concord Dawn on 04-18-2005 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hilikus
Im also trying to do that, however im doing it in c++, i hate vb. do you know how msgplus does it?? i know there must be some interception in messages such as the ones sent for the new sound library feature

You *could* also make it a proxy, but hooking is the preferred method.
RE: Auto-Reply robot by Ash_ on 04-19-2005 at 12:38 AM

Plus! user some very advanced DLL Injection and Hooking method's. the Chat window is a single control. making it harder to get the messages inside of it. but not impossible.

what you'll have to do is to successfully inject your DLL into MSN's application. then hook the main procedure  (win proc) (using SetWindowLong). when you've successfully done that, you'll have to do some MSN Reversing. find out what code/number/anything that is recieved when messages are written to the box.

there is only one other method i can think of that can get text from a chat. but i lost that source a while back. and it wasn't as hard as the Injection.

Good Luck. sorry i couldn't help more :(

:)

RE: Auto-Reply robot by mrhuge on 04-19-2005 at 03:09 PM

quote:

I've made an open source MSN Proxy (SOCKS4) with plugin support. The plugin interface allows you to intercept messages before they arrive at MSN Messenger. You can also generate automatic responses without MSN Messenger knowing about it. The plugin interface is C(++), so I guess this is what you want :).

The currently released version is not compatible with MSN Messenger 7, but I've already fixed that. I've just got to release the new version.

See my sig for links.

EDIT: Just release V1.23.00 of MSNProxy which fixes the MSN Messenger 7 compatibility issue. MSNProxy can now also connect via another SOCKS4 proxy.
RE: Auto-Reply robot by Dempsey on 04-19-2005 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou @ msnfantic forums
Anyway, for those wondering how Plus! gest the text of the chat window, it simply intercepts the EM_SETTEXT message before MSN Messenger replaces some of the text with emoticons. This is done by subclassing the creation of the windowless richedit controls (API subclassing).

RE: Auto-Reply robot by BART SIMPSON416 on 04-20-2005 at 11:41 AM

Maybe its better to just intercept the messages when they are send to your msn client.

RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot by Hilikus on 04-22-2005 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge
quote:

I've made an open source MSN Proxy (SOCKS4) with plugin support. The plugin interface allows you to intercept messages before they arrive at MSN Messenger. You can also generate automatic responses without MSN Messenger knowing about it. The plugin interface is C(++), so I guess this is what you want :).

The currently released version is not compatible with MSN Messenger 7, but I've already fixed that. I've just got to release the new version.

See my sig for links.

EDIT: Just release V1.23.00 of MSNProxy which fixes the MSN Messenger 7 compatibility issue. MSNProxy can now also connect via another SOCKS4 proxy.

im gonna give it a try, thanks man!
RE: Auto-Reply robot by DAZL on 04-28-2005 at 09:24 PM

I thought I would be able to get into msn modding without any knowledge of coding, but that's not gonna happen I understand?

no special Messenger Plus coding language yet?

hmmm to bad...

I had some ideas that might be worth creating, but since I don't know crap about coding I'll give my ideas away in change of a place in the 'about' box in the plugin that's gonna use my ideas (A):P

some ideas:
- if it is (or becomes) possible to create a bot I suppose there would be a way to 'order' your msn to do stuff
i.e. I use 2 msn accounts, one home, always online and one at work. sometimes I see my home account is online but I want to turn it to away
with a bot you could progam the function to give a codeword to your msn like 'go away' and your msn with bot answers "/away" and then "ok ok, I'm gone" or something like that... right?

- the possibility to add a, whatstheword, italic/bold/underlined/striked code in a message
i.e. typing "I b[so]b i[fecking]i u[hate]u you right now!" would give something like "I so fecking hate hate you right now!" to the other person... I'm active on boards pretty much so I miss the possibility to do this in chats...

- adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person

-more ideas but can't think of more now...

just some ideas, like to hear what you guys think of them and if it's possible

and maybe if it's possible to add all of it in stuff ng plugin, I so love the way so many functions are added in just one plugin, just like I liked Messenger Plus at first for adding so many things with just one program...

RE: Auto-Reply robot by Plik on 04-28-2005 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DAZL
- if it is (or becomes) possible to create a bot I suppose there would be a way to 'order' your msn to do stuff
i.e. I use 2 msn accounts, one home, always online and one at work. sometimes I see my home account is online but I want to turn it to away
with a bot you could progam the function to give a codeword to your msn like 'go away' and your msn with bot answers "/away" and then "ok ok, I'm gone" or something like that... right?
While not exatly what you want you can control a messenger client through telnet using Cyberdudes shortcut plugin. (Note this plugin is still in beta and my be buggy.

quote:
- the possibility to add a, whatstheword, italic/bold/underlined/striked code in a message
i.e. typing "I b[so]b i[fecking]i u[hate]u you right now!" would give something like "I so fecking hate hate you right now!" to the other person... I'm active on boards pretty much so I miss the possibility to do this in chats...
If you have enabled the "Enable multi format irc style shortcuts" option (Preferences >> Instant messages >> Commands and tags >> Bottom of the window) then use the following shortcuts.
Ctrl + B - Bold
Ctrl + U - Underlined
Ctrl + T - Itallic
Ctrl + K - Colour your message
Ctrl + O - Reset formating
Ctrl + R - Show a small box with all the formating options (The only way to access strike out using keyboard shortcuts)

Alternativly you can use tags to control the formating of your message. These are the tags you can use:
(!FB) - Bold
(!FU) - Underlined
(!FI) - Itallic
(!FS) - Strike out
(!FC<color code 0-67>)  - Colour your message
(!FB<color code 0-67>) - Colour the background of the message

quote:
- adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person
The only way that would be possable would be for the contact being kicked to have a plugin installed aswell, and who is going to install a plugin that kicks them from group convos, especially as this would be abused.
RE: RE: Auto-Reply robot by Dempsey on 04-29-2005 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman

quote:
-adding the ability to kick someone from a conversation if your with you accidentally added the wrong person
The only way that would be possable would be for the contact being kicked to have a plugin installed aswell, and who is going to install a plugin that kicks them from group convos, especially as this would be abused.

Even if both people had the plugin it wouldnt be possible without just opening a new conversation without the user you want to kick, as afaik the protocol doesnt support kicking users
RE: Auto-Reply robot by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-29-2005 at 02:09 PM

Well.. Just let you guys out there know... :d..
I've succesfully made a auto-responder bot.. :D.. BUT!!! It's far from finished yet.. and I am not gonna release a "beta" yet, I only made the main code of the auto-responding thing.. And I need to do some major changes and fixes to it... I can't promise any date/time yet for a alpha/beta release, but I was hoping for it to be possible during next week... Well.. I'm really tight scheduled next week, so don't count on it.. But keep your hopes high!!! :D...

quote:

This will much likely be possible.. As I already thought about this!.. Until then your can use my "Shortcut Plugin" which have Remote Controlling builld in..
quote:

As madman referece to, this is already possible using MsgPlus!... So.. ´Shouldn't be any problems at all!!!... But, the contact receiving this message, have to use MsgPlus! to be able to see the message correctly!....
quote:

I am not sure what this would have to do with the "Auto-responder Bot" thingy as this thread is about?

RE: Auto-Reply robot by DAZL on 05-07-2005 at 05:10 PM

I'm very curious about the auto-responder... please keep me/us updated in this thread :)

further more: the last quote you used was just a random idea I had for a plugin... it, indeed, had nothing to do with your auto-responder

also: is it maybe possible to customize the tags used to make text italic or bold or underlined etc.?

and thanks for answering my questions so fast btw :)

RE: Auto-Reply robot by la3toot on 05-07-2005 at 06:32 PM

Sorry guys I will be off for about 2 months because I have exams for the last grade of high school (next year is university) .
I will keep in touch once I have my holidays .

RE: Auto-Reply robot by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-07-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:
I'm very curious about the auto-responder... please keep me/us updated in this thread :)

further more: the last quote you used was just a random idea I had for a plugin... it, indeed, had nothing to do with your auto-responder

also: is it maybe possible to customize the tags used to make text italic or bold or underlined etc.?

and thanks for answering my questions so fast btw :)
Ok.. :D.. Well.. The kick thíng has been talked about before.. search the forum and you will see why it hasn't been made yet and properly never will...
Yes you can customize the tags used by setting a new QuickText, but you are still limited to that the tag has to be (!xx) replacing xx with what you want but needs to be at least two letters.. so.. it won't do much good..
I will make a new thread for the auto-responder bot sometime.. but until now i'm not doing any progress... There will most likely not be any updates the next 14 days.. and only very limited during the 2-4 weeks after that.. since i'm going into my exams period right now.. so... But the plugin will be made sometime.. :D... don't worry... it's just a matter of time.. :D..