Shoutbox

Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! (/showthread.php?tid=43086)

Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by BakaTensai on 04-18-2005 at 06:07 AM

[Image: abc.jpg]
(I expanded the "show detail" for easy inspection)
As I try opening MSN messenger when Messenger Plus is running in the background, this pops up. It started after i installed my iPod MINI driver, but i doubt it. It is probably just a coincidence. It can be, however, disrupted when I restarted my computer after the driver installation.
My MSN messenger is currently 7.0.0777(the newest one) and the Messenger Plus! is 3.52.130(also the newest one)..
Im currently operating on Windows XP Professional SP2, and my internet connection is cable and stable(haha..that rhymes).
If theres a solution to this problem, please let me know ASAP..
Thanks
Calvin, one of the Messenger Plus lovers..^^"

RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by Purity on 04-18-2005 at 06:43 AM

Have you tried reinstalling Msn Messenger and/or msgplus? :)

RE: RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by BakaTensai on 04-18-2005 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
Have you tried reinstalling Msn Messenger and/or msgplus? :)

yes i have...you see that Messenger Plus.exe thing on my desktop?...lets just say..i clicked that..around..10+ times...and that INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL package thing..i clicked that around 5-6 times...
RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by stuartbennett on 04-18-2005 at 07:00 AM

uninstall plus then try reinstalling without the sponsor. i can tell your using the sponsor from that screenshot cause you got all those junk icons bunged onto your desktop.

RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by gnownoskcid on 04-18-2005 at 07:04 AM

This may sound stupid but have you tried restarting your computer? This solves a lot of problems...

RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by BakaTensai on 04-18-2005 at 07:22 AM

stuarbennet: well..i cant really install WITHOUT sponsors..but what i DID try was install Msg+ then uninstall just the sponsors..and it still didnt work..
gnownoskcid: ya..i did..3times..

RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by BEWARE^^ on 04-18-2005 at 08:32 AM

try to re_download msn messnger 7.x and msgplus 3.52 ;)

www.messenger.msn.com and www.msgplus.net

p.s. idea given to me by Vhazza

RE: Can't Start MSN messenger with Msg+!! by Vazza on 04-18-2005 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BakaTensai
It started after i installed my iPod MINI driver, but i doubt it.

I know that this will sound rather stupid, but have you tried removing the ipod MINI driver to see what happens then? then at least it would confirm whether or not the driver did have anything to do with it or not.