Shoutbox

Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules (/showthread.php?tid=43129)

Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Patchou on 04-18-2005 at 11:49 PM

Hey everyone!

The Alienware laptop for the contest has finally arrived at my office, I configured it personally and it's now ready to be shipped to the future winner! Many people were disappointed last year when the photos of the now well known Messenger Plus! Babe were removed from msgplus.net... if you were one of those people or if you just don't know what I'm talking about, be happy, she's back! We organized a special photo-shoot this weekend for the laptop so whether you want to see the Plus! Babe or one of the most powerful laptops available on the market today, check out the new photo-gallery!

We're already in the middle of April, spring is here and the contest has only 2 weeks left to go. Many people have already been registered as finalists for the laptop, however, I thought it was unfair for those of you who had "Messenger Plus! in their name for a month not to be selected at all. This is why I added an extra rule to the contest. Starting now, anybody who has "Messenger Plus!" or "MsgPlus!" is his name or personal message can send an email to mplus_contest@patchou.com with a screenshot of his contact list (where his name or personal message is clearly visible). Out of all the emails received, 100 people will be selected at random to participate to the final draw. When the winner of the laptop will have been picked from the finalists pool, his name/personal message will be verified and validated online (without prior warning so if you remove Plus! from your name, you lose :p). Thanks to that new rule, every Messenger Plus! supporter now has a an additional chance to win the laptop in May so be sure not to pass out on this incredible occasion!

I wish you all good luck for the contest, have fun and enjoy the photos :).
Patchou

PS: some extra pics will probably soon be posted on mess.be.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by albert on 04-18-2005 at 11:54 PM

Hum.. babe in a bath.. and an alien laptop.. :| can it get hotter in the room ? :| LOL :lol:

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by lizard.boy on 04-18-2005 at 11:56 PM

hehe i'm surprised she let you take those last two pics :P. cool new rule.

edit: should that laptop be that close to water? :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Guido on 04-19-2005 at 12:05 AM

Wow, nice pics and great laptop (Y)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by MeEtc on 04-19-2005 at 12:06 AM

who is this chick?
* MeEtc sends an email

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chrono on 04-19-2005 at 12:11 AM

nice new way to get a change, even though i was already selected :P

Nice pics (Y)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by lopardo on 04-19-2005 at 12:18 AM

Checking Plus! babe pics and sending mail right now :)

This is great! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
nice new way to get a change, even though i was already selected :P
Lucky bastard... :P ;)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Caboose on 04-19-2005 at 12:50 AM

w00t! I finally get a chance to get the pimpin' laptop! I probably won't win, but... dammit, I can try! :D

* Caboose goes to email o.o

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-19-2005 at 12:55 AM

Am i still able to win the Laptop? :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by marissa on 04-19-2005 at 04:03 AM

wow...just imagine if that lap top fell in the bath! :| (U) that would suck major...you know what.

pshh...Plus! guy! Patchou in the bath tub...hm...haha i kid, i kid.

i have a chance of winning the lappy now :D, that was a good idea...but atleast people got informed about Plus! with all of us with it in our names. I even heard people talking about it at school a few times  :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by MeEtc on 04-19-2005 at 04:10 AM

If you look close enough, the laptop by the tub is not the Alienware, it doesn't have the Plus! sticker by the keyboard

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 04-19-2005 at 04:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
If you look close enough, the laptop by the tub is not the Alienware, it doesn't have the Plus! sticker by the keyboard

No, no, the laptop by the bath is the Alienware, we just removed the sticker :)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Jolo on 04-19-2005 at 05:22 AM

A question:

The people that already had been selected as finalists (by the original method) doesn't need to send any mail with a SS; they are already finalists, but they must keep the "MsgPlus!" tag in their nickname. That's right?

Greetings.

P.D.: Sorry for my english! (Post edited and fixed!)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by *Saint* on 04-19-2005 at 05:50 AM

If your already a finalist you dont need to email im sure and yes you have to ahve that MSGPlus! in your name

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Weyzza on 04-19-2005 at 05:59 AM

* Weyzza drools over the laptop.

Thanks for the new rule.
Finally, a chance to win it although I know I suck at sweepstakes :p

* Weyzza sends the email :)

When is the deadline to send the email or of people being randomly picked?
I couldn't find it the contest page.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by BEWARE^^ on 04-19-2005 at 06:27 AM

nice done patchou really nice job and great that the plus back is back man ;) (Y)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by linx05 on 04-19-2005 at 06:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc

No, no, the laptop by the bath is the Alienware, we just removed the sticker :)
Didn't want to get the stickey wet ay? ;)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Bionic on 04-19-2005 at 08:22 AM

Great Job & Pics! Patchou

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Choli on 04-19-2005 at 08:46 AM

nice laptop and very nice plus babe :P

as soon as i arrive @ home, i'll send the ss :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-19-2005 at 08:53 AM

Hmmm I suppose Im illegable for the Laptop draw....

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 04-19-2005 at 09:11 AM

great pics patchou :P, damn now my odds of winning are 1/300 i think :P.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by azn angel on 04-19-2005 at 09:15 AM

omg nice!!! great idea with the screen shot thing

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by J.J on 04-19-2005 at 09:20 AM

Awesome news :cheesy:

*TD sends the email

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user35870 on 04-19-2005 at 09:25 AM

* user35870 has sent the email

Great news :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Shezi on 04-19-2005 at 10:32 AM

i m already selected for the contest by the random selection method through msn.... a msg was sent to me by fraisie......
do i still have to send an email with screenshot.. to the mentioned email id...??????

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user44571 on 04-19-2005 at 10:47 AM

great!!
thanks for the oppurtunity Patch (Y)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Sunshine on 04-19-2005 at 12:36 PM

E-mail sent, i haven't been selected yet so yah....here it goes...waiting..hoping...

(yn)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Goshi on 04-19-2005 at 01:01 PM

What the babe's numberphone ? :P:P

*Goshi sends an e-mail

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Patchou on 04-19-2005 at 02:12 PM

Shezi: nope, don't worry, you're already registered as a finalist :). As for PSP winners, they can participate for the laptop too of course.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-19-2005 at 02:38 PM

So am i already in the draw for the laptop.....or do I have to do this screen shot send thing? lol :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user44571 on 04-19-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -rafy-
So am i already in the draw for the laptop.....or do I have to do this screen shot send thing? lol :)
if you were already chosen as a finalist you dont need to send a picture:P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-19-2005 at 02:53 PM

yeah but is winning a PSP the same as being a laptop finalist as well :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Patchou on 04-19-2005 at 02:55 PM

Winning a PSP doesn't qualify you automatically for the laptop so you need to send the email yes :). Note that 5 people are still picked at random everyday to be qualified too, the new rule is an extra, not a replacement :).

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Smethead on 04-19-2005 at 05:44 PM

Ah, I thought it was a replacment. I was already selected and now I've send the e-mail. I hope that doesn't count as cheating. I didn't know that people who were selected by the random thingy kept their chance to win.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by riahc4 on 04-19-2005 at 07:18 PM

Just to make it clear ( Im still a bit confused :-( )

A few weeks ago Fraise added me and told me that I was in the drawing for the laptop. Can I remove "Plus!" from my name now or must I keep it?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 04-19-2005 at 07:49 PM

Done since some hours ago :) it's great to give it an opportunity to more and more people..

How much people have a chance to get the laptop at the end of April? Like 330? According to my calculations it was something like 230 before this new method, plus these new 100 people.. out of.. 80.000 people? :D hahaha, consider yourself a winner if you got picked in the first place!

((Patch, did you get my PM?))

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Patchou on 04-19-2005 at 08:00 PM

If you want to win the laptop, you shouldn't remove Plus! from your name before the final draw, wether you were previously picked at random or you sent an email. If you are pre-selected, you get about 1 chance over 300 to win the laptop which is incredibly good considering that in the end of the contest, about 100,000 people will have participated :).

PS: send me emails, not PMs, I'm sorry, I just have too many of those :).

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Choli on 04-19-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
A few weeks ago Fraise added me and told me that I was in the drawing for the laptop. Can I remove "Plus!" from my name now or must I keep it?
if i was you, i'd better keep it :) (i think you have to keep it)
quote:
Originally posted by Vaitork
Patch, did you get my PM?))
i think he doesn't read them
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by alewington on 04-20-2005 at 07:08 AM

w00t

ps: how many laptops are there?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user44571 on 04-20-2005 at 07:14 AM

there is one laptop ^o)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 04-20-2005 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you want to win the laptop, you shouldn't remove Plus! from your name before the final draw, wether you were previously picked at random or you sent an email. If you are pre-selected, you get about 1 chance over 300 to win the laptop which is incredibly good considering that in the end of the contest, about 100,000 people will have participated :).

PS: send me emails, not PMs, I'm sorry, I just have too many of those :).
oh nice Patch, i was right when i guessed 1/300 :). lol i bet i'll get my hopes up and then i won't win it :P. 1/300 thats 0.3333...% chance of winning it ;)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 04-20-2005 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
oh nice Patch, i was right when i guessed 1/300 :). lol i bet i'll get my hopes up and then i won't win it :P. 1/300 thats 0.3333...% chance of winning it ;)

It is still better than 0,00001% chance to win it ;) (1/100000)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fredzz on 04-20-2005 at 07:42 PM

well someone has to win the laptop! it could be anyone :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 04-20-2005 at 08:50 PM

this is a great idea. i only heard of the competition last night, was on holiday for a month. i sent my email away. wish id heard of it before tbh. when do you know if you have been selected randomly though the email?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by rompom7 on 04-21-2005 at 03:54 AM

I have sent an email with a screenshot.

I was just wondering, what if I am not online when and my name gets picked... Do you just select someone else or do you wait? (cause I live in Australia, with a big timezone difference)

Also while I am at school it won't allow me to install Messenger Plus! but I still like to use MSN Messenger (with the MsgPlus! still in my nickname of course) So does that affect whether I am going to get picked?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 04-21-2005 at 12:01 PM

the chance that you will be preselected now if you havent been already is very slim. there will be (by what i can make out) about 45 more people will be picked on msn messenger and 100 through the email method. Id cross your fingers but dont get ur hopes up tbh.

When will the last psp be selected?

and when will we know if we have been selected throught the email method?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Jedimark on 04-21-2005 at 12:13 PM

Oh this laptop is sweet, trust me.. I have one:

[Image: 05020500.JPG]

Though I don't have the cool MsgPlus! sign on it :(

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Guido on 04-21-2005 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jedimark
Though I don't have the cool MsgPlus! sign on it
Well go get it :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-21-2005 at 12:37 PM

Well there are 2 PSPs left (juding there were only 4 email addresses on the email fraisie sent me) and one of them would have being awarded today (being thursday). So really only one PSP left to win, and of course the Laptop :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Idium on 04-21-2005 at 01:32 PM

ive sent my email with the screen shot in it

great pics of plus babe.

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Jedimark on 04-21-2005 at 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
quote:
Originally posted by Jedimark
Though I don't have the cool MsgPlus! sign on it
Well go get it :P

Oh sweet, didn't know they existed... heheh
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by steVenB on 04-21-2005 at 04:49 PM

I just added my entry pic. Hope I was too late. That laptop would be stellar for wasting time in class.:P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Neo_Online on 04-21-2005 at 05:21 PM

thank you for this pics

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Jedimark on 04-21-2005 at 05:25 PM

The machine weighs a tonne like... about 5.2kgs I think

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 04-22-2005 at 06:33 PM

when are the random 100 selected? somehow i dont think im going to be preselected through msn now

* ijakings waits for a reply again...

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by EzerchE on 04-23-2005 at 01:51 AM

great rule!

and who is that girl? *-)

she is very pretty;) hi from me...

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chop on 04-23-2005 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EzerchE
great rule!

and who is that girl? *-)

she is very pretty;) hi from me...
She is Fraisie's sister
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-23-2005 at 03:57 AM

*chuckles* how many times has that being asked in this thread?!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 04-24-2005 at 09:24 AM

uh huh. New here >.< been crazy wit the contest quite a while adi >.<

Just sent an email with screenshot. Hope to be selected >.< Alienware RULEZ!!!! and also MSG PLUS RULEZ!!!!!!!! PatCHou RULEZ!

and haha ^^ the Msg plus baby pretty throught >.< the thing tat scared me is the laptop being placed near the bathtub..... but neway ^^ nice photo u've took ^^ . The comparison with a human, the msg plus baby ^^. the laptop seems to be much HUGE than wat i thought!!!

When we'll know if we were selected? (the screenshot method)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by superjugy on 04-24-2005 at 06:39 PM

there should be a list of all the selected persons. cause i did send my screenshot and i hope im one of the winners

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 04-25-2005 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by superjugy
there should be a list of all the selected persons. cause i did send my screenshot and i hope im one of the winners

This makes me think.. Is there going to be a final list of ALL of the selected finalists posted somewhere? If it's not then please reconsider this. Ask for nicks or something, I dunno.. What do you think?
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Purity on 04-25-2005 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Starting now, anybody who has "Messenger Plus!" or "MsgPlus!" is his name or personal message can send an email to mplus_contest@patchou.com with a screenshot of his contact list (where his name or personal message is clearly visible).
So there is no girls participating eh?:P

Lol, yeah, sweet pics, i sent my screenshot.)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 04-25-2005 at 03:02 AM

lol nice pickup purity, i'm sure Patchou isn't sexist ;)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Purity on 04-25-2005 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
lol nice pickup purity, i'm sure Patchou isn't sexist ;)
Me neither. :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 04-25-2005 at 03:15 AM

wah! such a big mistake Patchou made! ^_^ (his/her) !!!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 04-25-2005 at 03:25 AM

or "their" :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by mrchu on 04-27-2005 at 02:12 AM

only just sent my screenshot submission in, not sure if it's too late or not...either way thanks for the oppurtunity, especially considerin how special that laptop is...the specs are insane i cant believe laptops have come so far!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Striker on 04-27-2005 at 04:49 AM

what if your still not choosen out of the 100 emails? we wont make it into the draw?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 04-27-2005 at 05:44 PM

any due dates for the last "choosen one"?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 04-28-2005 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Striker
what if your still not choosen out of the 100 emails? we wont make it into the draw?

Exactly.

quote:
Originally posted by philippecr

Should be may 2nd...
RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Striker on 04-28-2005 at 01:17 AM

quote:
quote:

Exactly.

meh.. so i've been giving free advertising for nothing...
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 04-28-2005 at 01:26 AM

quote:

Well I'm sorry but it's a contest, and there are just a little les then 100 000 contestants right now, not everybody can win :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Guido on 04-28-2005 at 01:34 AM

quote:
No, you had much more chances from that. It's just you still didn't get selected, other people did. That's how contests work. This e-mail second chance is a new way Patchou added for people to enter the final draw, but it wasn't the only way of winning it.
RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Striker on 04-28-2005 at 02:04 AM

quote:
CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
This contest is opened to every user of Messenger Plus! in the world aged 13 and older. Installing Messenger Plus! gives you one chance for each draw.

I was under the impression everyone who signs up is in the contest, and this adding to msn thing was a verification...
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Guido on 04-28-2005 at 02:23 AM

quote:
I was under the impression everyone who signs up is in the contest, and this adding to msn thing was a verification...
right under that, in the second paragraph of the terms you are quoting:
quote:
The PSP prizes consist of one Sony PSP Value Pack set (console + accessories). The exact content of the package is not guaranteed and may change at the sole discretion of Sony Canada. A brand new PSP Value Pack will be given out every week between March 16th and April 27th 2005. The contest will end with one final draw on May 2nd 2005 for a brand-new Alienware Area-51m 7700. Only specially selected participants having "Messenger Plus!" or "Msgplus!" included in their MSN Messenger display name or personal message at a specific (and undisclosed) time will participate to the final draw.
Installing Messenger Plus! gives you one chance for each draw for the PSP. The laptop draw is a special final prize, which has fewer contestants taken randomly from the other database and (now, to give more chances) from this new e-mail method.
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Beamer on 04-28-2005 at 09:36 AM

Cool! I've been using Msg+ for a long time now and I really want to win the laptop!

I'll be emailing my ss now!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by superjugy on 04-29-2005 at 11:45 PM

when does the contest ends? i would really like to know if i still have a chance.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 04-30-2005 at 01:14 AM

Next week :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by superjugy on 04-30-2005 at 01:21 AM

holy mother, i hope im selected in less than one week then.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 04-30-2005 at 02:45 AM

so.. the 100 email one won't be told tat "u've been selected"?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 04-30-2005 at 04:14 AM

I've never one a single thing in my life, so i hope i get a chance to win that great laptop!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by binodc on 04-30-2005 at 01:11 PM

What are the chances of a Boy from Qatar Winning?

Probability?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 04-30-2005 at 01:30 PM

depends how many people from qatar entered lol, and the percentage of them who were boys. :P

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by binodc on 04-30-2005 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by binodc
What are the chances of a Boy from Qatar Winning?

Probability?

I Asked as a whole what is the Probability of a person winning?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 04-30-2005 at 02:36 PM

We have more than 100 000 contestants right now. Depending on how many people used your refferer link to download Messenger Plus, you have more chances of winning.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 12:50 AM

Well for me there about 0.01% chance of me wining, but thats because of my lack of luck all together.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 02:21 AM

Well tommorow is the big day!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user44571 on 05-01-2005 at 02:23 AM

it is!. tomorrow the laptop is given away?:P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 05-01-2005 at 02:52 AM

Huh ? no it isnt :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 05-01-2005 at 02:55 AM

100 000 contestants :O, which then narrows down to 300 in the competition that have a chance :P! Your lucky enough to make it into the 300 people i say :)!

Not long now :P

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 02:56 AM

quote:

lol in your time zone at least :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 02:58 AM

Well, given previous history, i'm not even lucky enough to be in that 300 chosen to win the Alienware laptop. Well i better just start saving up and buy a alienware laptop in the next 10 years lol. Goodluck to you all!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-01-2005 at 04:56 AM

means the 100 email "contestant" will be finalize 2morow??????

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 05:25 AM

Well, over here n Australia it's May 1st so tomorrow is the final draw, according to the posts.

But i'm guessing it will be Tuesday here before its drawn [Image: beer1.gif]

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-01-2005 at 06:28 AM

hem.... here's GMT +8, so would be 2morow?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 06:35 AM

Yeah, Where 2 hours in front of you i beleive

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by rompom7 on 05-01-2005 at 07:31 AM

The last PSP hasn't been given away yet has it?

[Image: 1112830812408.jpg]

Because after seeing that I want one a whole lot more

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 07:32 AM

Yer April 27th in the rules says last day for PSP draw. sorry Man

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 07:33 AM

mmmm.......does it come with her?

Cant wait till mine arrives!

Have you recieved them Fraisie? :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 07:35 AM

lol, anyone would wish she was the prise and the PSP was jsut a bonus [Image: msn_wink.old.gif]

Well, the major prize is being drawn soon, so Goodluck to you all!
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 07:42 AM

lmao....a whole lot of them!

http://bloc.balearweb.net/album/267/422

Anyway, I send my wishes to everybody for the big draw tommorow!

Im predicting the winner will be Australian (no thats not based off anything lol)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 07:45 AM

All us Aussies are praying for it, but sone like me have 0.01% Luck, so we need ot pray even more! lol, Good Luck Mate

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Choli on 05-01-2005 at 02:26 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by philippecr

Should be may 2nd...
tomorrow it's may 2nd :^)
quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
Because after seeing that I want one a whole lot more
i also want one of those :P (does she come with the psp? :drool: )

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 05-01-2005 at 03:25 PM

When I read the message, tomorrow was may 1st :P

It should have been may 2nd but Patchou didnt think that he'd still be in Japan at that time, it will probably be given may 5th in that case

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 03:29 PM

ooo i suppose thats okay then.

When you think the PSPs will be sent out? have you recieved them? :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 05-01-2005 at 03:57 PM

Has Venezuela won anything in the internet community? Come on!! Aussies get everything all the time 8D

There are at least 2 venezuelans in the final pot. That's a good chance for the Alienware to land in here ^^

Aaaaaand tomorrow is the big day!! (or May 5th, wathever). Good luck everyone!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 08:49 PM

Argh May 5th Come On! We're already dying of anticipation! lol. Not all Aussies get everything

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-01-2005 at 09:30 PM

i'm one of the choosen ones without doing the new rules thing.

i'm really excited about the contest... man it would be SO very awesome to win

i wasn't sure that i could be elected since i use msn messenger with a yahoo account and sometimes people have problems adding me but when i went online and saw fraisie connected i almost fainted!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by CookieRevised on 05-02-2005 at 12:08 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by Ignis
i wasn't sure that i could be elected since i use msn messenger with a yahoo account
You can use messenger with any account as long as you register it as a .NET Passport.
[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-02-2005 at 07:00 AM

Yeah, Well hopfully I have been picked in the Screenshot mail part of the contest, but prob not lol!

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-02-2005 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
i wasn't sure that i could be elected since i use msn messenger with a yahoo account
You can use messenger with any account as long as you register it as a .NET Passport.
[/OFF TOPIC]

but for some reason some i have to add some contacts two times so they can see me online or viceversa. An others work like a charm when they add me for the first time.

I think the problem is when i add people and not when i'm added

how much time left until the contest?
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 05-02-2005 at 11:34 AM

when will we know if we have been selected via the email method. only 3 days until the drawing

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-02-2005 at 11:36 AM

I dont think there is much point of them telling who were selected by that method. Just do the draw, in the end its only the winner we are looking for.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 05-02-2005 at 05:16 PM

yes but it would be nice to know if you got in via that method rather than sitting round wondering if we got into it at all

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-03-2005 at 05:54 AM

Yes i agree, but i guess we will just have to wait a few days more. All well i know i didn't win, but never know

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 05-03-2005 at 06:17 AM

Goodluck everyone :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-03-2005 at 11:15 AM

good luck to me and everybody >.<

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 05-03-2005 at 01:08 PM

Indeed, good luck everybody :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 02:45 PM

i really want that laptop
I would be :| if i dont win

I have 1% chance :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 03:00 PM

1%? wow thats actually quite high :P

*me will give up my psp if i win laptop.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 03:01 PM

yes 1% 1 out of 100

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 03:02 PM

but there are 300 finalists?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 03:05 PM

Patchou said

quote:
Out of all the emails received, 100 people will be selected at random to participate to the final draw. When the winner of the laptop will have been picked from the finalists pool, his name/personal message will be verified and validated online (without prior warning so if you remove Plus! from your name, you lose ).

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 05-03-2005 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bazzo9
Patchou said

Hmm.... still does that give you 1% chance of winning ? lol I dont think so ;)
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 03:09 PM

Why not?
Do other people have more chance?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-03-2005 at 03:11 PM

the total number of finalist is 300. So you have 0.33% chances

anyway, you already won a psp... don't be selfish :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 03:12 PM

:O

Thats so little!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-03-2005 at 03:47 PM

I never win stuff
:(:(:(

i want a sony psp or a laptop

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by signalpirate on 05-03-2005 at 03:55 PM

yes <Deleted Member> cuz patchou is in japan right now .. the draw will most likely be ..( according to Fraisie ) on the 5th :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-03-2005 at 03:59 PM

well, i haven't been contacted.

So:
A) I'm not the winner
B) The winner haven't be chosen yet
or
C) There's a winner but it's secret and have already be contacted

Anyway i won't quit my "messenger plus!" sufix on my nick until the laptop is oficially in the hands of the winner, just in case ;)

i woke up at 6 this moring coz i couldn sleep.. so nervous :S

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-03-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deleted Member
I must have missed this announcement. According to the contest webpage, May 2 was supposed to be the drawing day. Well, now I can relax a little bit...

Edit: I see the announcement now.

oh, i also thought that the drawing day was yesterday... but i can't relax :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 05-03-2005 at 04:16 PM

the suspense is killing me  because i dont even know if ive been entered yet. i applied through the email method a while ago because i hadnt got a msn contact thing :(

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-03-2005 at 07:00 PM

yea yea! 5th ^^ means "WE STILL HAVE TIME TO WAIT"

the wait still not over >.< HOPE I GET IT >< URGH!!!!! I WAN THE LAPTOP!!!!!!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by plastikaa on 05-03-2005 at 07:58 PM

By the way was/is there anyway to check that your email got recieved? ...such as a veriication email just to say "yes you have been entered into the original pool and your email was recieved" as i didnt recieve any and just wondered if msgplus got my email... dont want to miss a chance on winning laptop so i can use msn from my bedroom/livingroom/kitchen/hmmm even ... toilet? lol :)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by princessfrozen on 05-03-2005 at 10:31 PM

nevermind. i guess the answer was no.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Choli on 05-03-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by princessfrozen
********@patchou.com added me to their buddy list today. does this mean i won?
no. It means you have been selected as a finalist. Now, ********@patchou.com will talk to you, and you have to have a reference to msgplus in your nick to "confirm" you as a finalist.
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by princessfrozen on 05-03-2005 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
no. It means you have been selected as a finalist. Now, ********@patchou.com will talk to you, and you have to have a reference to msgplus in your nick to "confirm" you as a finalist.
:D *still scaring the neighbors over here* thanks again!
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Fraisie on 05-03-2005 at 11:13 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey guys, say hello to the last PSP winner  ! ;)

Congrats once again princessfrozen !

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Dane on 05-03-2005 at 11:21 PM

Congratulations princessfrozen.  Next is the Laptop drawing and I wasnt picked as a selected candidate :(.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-03-2005 at 11:54 PM

Congrats! :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by princessfrozen on 05-04-2005 at 12:25 AM

thanks everybody!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by user44571 on 05-04-2005 at 12:27 AM

yay princessfrozen :cheesy:

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-04-2005 at 12:51 AM

lmao i bet Fraisie is playing with our psps as we speak! :P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 05-04-2005 at 04:08 AM

Fraisie, for verification reasons after you've chosen the winner - how long will you wait for the user to come online to verify that they are abiding to the rules of the competition before picking someone else.

Eg, a person could be picked as the winner but to make sure they had msgplus! in their name you have to see when they are online - what if they don't come online for 2 days etc :P?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by signalpirate on 05-04-2005 at 04:19 AM

the rules says 7 days....  " you have seven days"...  hmmmm "the ring" anyone ? :P LOL

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Chestah on 05-04-2005 at 04:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by signalpirate
the rules says 7 days....  " you have seven days"...  hmmmm "the ring" anyone ? :P LOL

thanks Signal Pirate, lol the ring :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ben Dummett on 05-04-2005 at 05:44 AM

quote:
lmao i bet Fraisie is playing with our psps as we speak! :P

Or eating them.
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Mike on 05-04-2005 at 05:54 AM

This was probably anwsered, but when will we get to know if  I won with the email screenshot?
Did Patchou choose the winners of the ss-email thing?

Because it's the last day today!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-04-2005 at 07:02 AM

Congrat! princessfrozen! ^^

haha, remind me the movie 7 days..... the one back to the future for 7 days one.
"7 days.... u can stop a catastrophy. 7 days...... "

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-04-2005 at 07:34 AM

Well, congrats princessfrozen, Well tomorrow maybe verdict day, so all fingers crossed (yn), and good luck

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-04-2005 at 07:48 AM

Why would she be eating the psps? =/ :-|

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-04-2005 at 07:49 AM

Lol, i have no idea, lol

Hey rafy, what month is your HSC in?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-04-2005 at 08:07 AM

The actual statewide exams?

Like from 17 oct to 11 nov.
lmao i should actually be studying right now......(This week is Half Yearlies which are like worth 25% of the total mark :P) but meh.....:P

lol anyway cant wait to i get the psp!....i want to try out msn on it...:D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-04-2005 at 08:18 AM

ah cool, okay, Yeah wasn't sure when they were, i have to sit for them next year so yeah, lol. Well good luck, but i probaly see you around on this forum before hand anyways!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Choli on 05-04-2005 at 11:55 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey guys, say hello to the last PSP winner  ! ;)

Congrats once again princessfrozen !
:shocked: :O
Congrats, princessfrozen!
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-04-2005 at 12:03 PM

Princessfrozen buy yourself a lottery ticket!

Soo Lucky!!! A psp winner AND a selected finalist!!!!

RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by princessfrozen on 05-04-2005 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Princessfrozen buy yourself a lottery ticket!

Soo Lucky!!! A psp winner AND a selected finalist!!!!

lol...Whats funny is...Iactually work for a company that supplies lottery tickets to many states in the US including the one I live in. Sooo, I'm not allowed to play the lottery. :( That's okay though, a PSP is better!

Thanks for the congrats all!
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by slijkhuis on 05-04-2005 at 09:52 PM

but on the contest page it sais:

quote:
Each and every time someone downloads and installs Plus! by using your link, you get not one but two extra chances! these extra chances are valid for both the PSP prizes and the Alienware laptop

then i got all the refferals for nothing? just read it now, so i have no chance anymore? :( darn... i just watched the contest page for details... :(

- SlijkhuiS

*EDIT*

btw, if you already have been selected some weeks ago... you dont need to do this? or is it a Must for the laptop? :) (just asking) :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-04-2005 at 11:11 PM

i've been selected last week's monday and the only thing i had to do is keep my "messenger plus!" sufix on mi nick.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Menthix on 05-04-2005 at 11:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slijkhuis
if you already have been selected some weeks ago... you dont need to do this?
Correct. No need to send when you're already selected.

quote:
i got all the referrals for nothing?
What makes you think that, each referrals that downloaded and installed Plus! by using you link made you get 2 more chances. You didn't win a PSP with those chances, but you could have. You can still win the laptop! Make sure you mail Patchou a screenshot i you aren't selected for the laptop yet (read first post in this topic), but do it fast (today), the winner will be picked very soon.
RE: RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by slijkhuis on 05-04-2005 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
if you already have been selected some weeks ago... you dont need to do this?
Correct. No need to send when you're already selected.

quote:
i got all the referrals for nothing?
What makes you think that, each referrals that downloaded and installed Plus! by using you link made you get 2 more chances. You didn't win a PSP with those chances, but you could have. You can still win the laptop! Make sure you mail Patchou a screenshot i you aren't selected for the laptop yet (read first post in this topic), but do it fast (today), the winner will be picked very soon.

Ok, tnx man! i appreciate your help! (Y)

- SlijkhuiS
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-05-2005 at 03:17 AM

2day is the due day............ and i think all the finalist oledi selected...... and not me T.T (bye bye....)

even the winner is not me(even the finalist or the winner din know yet), i congrat the winner.....

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by bazzo9 on 05-05-2005 at 07:47 AM

(8)Today is the day (8)

:P

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by scott_259 on 05-05-2005 at 07:50 AM

(yn)

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by -rafy- on 05-05-2005 at 11:47 AM

meh im happy with my psp......

Although final goodlucks to everybody!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Vaitork on 05-05-2005 at 01:35 PM

We have waited quite a while now.. Who is the lucky bastard? :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-05-2005 at 01:43 PM

ya! who's the lucky 0.003333% bastard!

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by plastikaa on 05-05-2005 at 04:02 PM

So if i havent been notified by now there is no chance of winning at all? it seems some people have been notified they are in the last group .. have all the people been chosen for this or is it just a few?

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Stigmata on 05-05-2005 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by plastikaa
So if i havent been notified by now there is no chance of winning at all? it seems some people have been notified they are in the last group .. have all the people been chosen for this or is it just a few?

300 were picked to be in the laptop draw, 5 were picked once a day i believe.

and today is the day :o
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by MedinaSoft on 05-05-2005 at 05:47 PM

Hey everybody... Medinasoft here.. long time MsgPlus! supporter, first time publicly :P.. (i actually bought a t-shirt for my ex-gf back when the plus babe! was around the first time :)

I just want to say congrats for all those  those who won the PSP's and to the ones selected for the Laptop - i wasn't or haven't been selected (yn) yet - and i want to thank Patchou and the whole staff @ msgplus! who made all this happen.. (lol talking like its the end of it all) thx for the great program that is Messenger Plus! and for this contest which (and i repeat "i didn't get selected" :P) was so fun. For those of you who think this was a waste of time.. think of it this way... you are supporting a great program by getting the word across.. plus (tm?) not everybody can win :P...

again thanks to all who made this happen.. and a pre-congrats to the Laptop Winner (i hate you btw ;))

oh and i hope Fraisie is not eating the PSP's for some strange reason...
plz just play with them :P... 

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by ijakings on 05-05-2005 at 05:49 PM

the suspense is killing me ive entered about 5 competitions lately totalling about £6000 worth of prizes (if i won them all) lol.

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-05-2005 at 07:11 PM

i'm really worried coz sometimes when i'm added other people can't see me online until i add them again... and i haven't seen fraisie online again...

and i'm worried  coz if i win and can't be contacted i would SUICIDE... well, maybe not suicide, but you get the picture :S

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Menthix on 05-05-2005 at 07:14 PM

quote:
i haven't seen fraisie online again...
Fraisie blocked everybody after adding them, don't worry, nobody sees her online :).
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Ignis on 05-05-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

You know what, I'll just quote Patchou himself in his e-mail to me: "I'm back from Japan and I just selected the winner of the laptop. Believe it or not, the winner lives in Canada (no, I don’t know him and he's not a friend of mine lol). I just confirmed that MsgPlus! was in his name so the selection is final. Here is his information:"

Guillaume Leonard from Canada

game over man, game over :'(
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by princessfrozen on 05-05-2005 at 09:00 PM

dang :(

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by 3lv1n on 05-05-2005 at 10:26 PM

darn
and there was me thinking it was gonna leave the country of origin and come all the way over the sea to the united kingdom, and to my house.  :)

©elvin®™

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Jolo on 05-05-2005 at 10:39 PM

Game over. :( I was selected as a finalist.

But, congratulations to the winner! :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by CookieRevised on 05-05-2005 at 10:44 PM

Congrats to the winner!!!!!!!!!!!

And since the winner is also a Canadian, I suggest that Patchou (and the Plus! babe) delivers the laptop in person and takes some pics :D

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by Patchou on 05-06-2005 at 12:33 AM

Sorryguys,the winner has been picked (as posted on mess.be). Better luck next time :).

RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by mwe99 on 05-06-2005 at 01:00 AM

quote:
Better luck next time :).

They'll be a next time? :P
RE: Pictures of the Laptop & Addition to Rules by philippecr on 05-06-2005 at 01:18 AM

hahaha..... Congrat!!! i definately gonna hate tat 0.003333% lucky guy ^.^