Shoutbox

[REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu (/showthread.php?tid=43206)

[REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu by Improfane on 04-19-2005 at 07:05 PM

Hello,
The mSn Messenger main window has 'Preferences' in the 'Plus!' menu but separate conversation windows do not or in the little Plus! logo to the left of the text input area.

Would it hurt to add a Preferences menu item into all the Plus! and little plus logo in conversation windows? I am having to search through many windows to find the main window where I can modify my preferences.

Another question is there a log file searcher plugin or similar? Sometimes I want to search for a certain word or phrase in all my (encrypted) log files OR a few of them.

Another question, how does msgplus encrypt log files ? (I mean, if any algorithms or known techniques?)

Thanks,
~ Improfane.

RE: [REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu by Vilkku on 04-19-2005 at 07:11 PM

/signed

Preferences to the conversation window is something I have been looking for, using /sconfig to get there now.

Don't know about your ohter question, but I belive it's the Windows encryption system that you can use when you make new text files.

RE: [REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu by Dempsey on 04-19-2005 at 07:16 PM

you can type /config to open the preferences from a convo, although I do agree, having it in the Plus! menu would be good.

RE: [REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu by riahc4 on 04-19-2005 at 07:53 PM

Its been requested 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times but the funny thing is that Patchou wont add it :(
I havent read the reason why not in one of these threads

RE: [REQUEST] 'Preferences' menu item in 'Plus!' menu by Improfane on 04-19-2005 at 07:54 PM

>> /signed
That doesn't appear to do anything for me or do you mean you agree?

Thankyou guys I'll remember /config for now.