Shoutbox

is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? (/showthread.php?tid=43248)

is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? by bungleMX on 04-20-2005 at 02:03 AM

hello, is there a way to insert an emoticon at the begining of a line?
Like the prefix in old messages option, but without the need of do a text recall,..
so when I chat with someone allways autotype something at the begining.
an emotion for example :P

RE: is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? by Joe on 04-20-2005 at 02:50 AM

I'm not sure of a Plug-In... I'm sure it is possible, but for a simple way.... make a Quick Text

For instance, insert ":)" in the Quick Text field and name it whatever you feel like. Make sure to un-check the box that tells Plus! to automatically send the Quick Text. then press Alt + (# of Quick Text)
it will prefix your message with the [Image: msn_happy.gif] emoticon.

I'm pretty sure a Plug-in is possible, but for now, this is all I've got.
RE: is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? by matty on 04-20-2005 at 02:53 AM

The other option is you can make a talker for StuffPlug-NG that will allow you to put a :P infront of everymessage. You would just need to set it up as an auto talker.

Most plugins could not alter the text that is being sent. The only thing we can techically do is if a message recieved has a certain code.

RE: is there a way to insert an emo at the begining of a line? by bungleMX on 04-20-2005 at 10:51 PM

well both are good ideas, I'm gonna try them... thanks.
now the question is, how the hell do I do a talker.. hehehe :S