Shoutbox

Boss mode doesn't close certain windows - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Boss mode doesn't close certain windows (/showthread.php?tid=43279)

Boss mode doesn't close certain windows by haydos on 04-20-2005 at 03:20 PM

If either of the below windows are open while trying to go into boss mode, everything works fine except whichever of the two windows are open will stay open. This also happens with contact cards. If you cahnge to boss mode while looking at a contact card, it will not dissapear.

[Image: boss14ac.png][Image: boss24gd.png]

RE: Boss mode doesn't close certain windows by mwe99 on 04-20-2005 at 03:28 PM

I *think* boss mode was programmed just to hide chat windows not the additional windows that msn provides. Good point though!

RE: Boss mode doesn't close certain windows by Eljay on 04-20-2005 at 03:40 PM

yeh some other windows also dont close, i noticed this before but forgot to report

heres a few more

the window in msn 7 that says "your status is set to busy, would you like to change it to online" or whatever when you set it to always sign in as busy

the windows for backgrounds, emoticons and winks (not the ones mentioned above, the first windows that appear when you click the winks or emos buttons on the formatting toolbar)

MSN Today

the drop down status menu when you click your name on the main window

get more from messenger windows

i will add to this list if i find any more

RE: Boss mode doesn't close certain windows by sn1p3r on 06-12-2005 at 09:11 AM

I've noticed a similar problem when using the Messenger lock feature. If i have the change display pic window open and lock messenger, when i re open my contact list after unlocking MSN i am unable to click on anything on MSN, which results in me having to restart it.