Shoutbox

chat-only name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: chat-only name (/showthread.php?tid=43287)

chat-only name by adityam on 04-20-2005 at 04:08 PM

i tried talking about this on IRC, but well didn't get anywhere. hope to get a better response here.

from my last post here people might have figured out i've had to stop using SPNG. but i miss the chat-only name feature.

i was wondering if patchou could build this into msgplus, which would i think save some people's (like mine :$) ram, and hence make it easier and fun to continue with plus!?

tell me if this possible, since SPNG IS written on the MsgPlus API...
thanks!

RE: chat-only name by user27089 on 04-20-2005 at 04:10 PM

It is possible definitely, but because the feature is already in Stuffplug NG, then I'm sure Patchou will leave this feature, as it would be a waste of time having it as a feature and a new plugin, there may also be the issue of the copyrighted code...

I'm sure that the blasphemer would prefer to keep it as his own... rather than let Patchou have it...

RE: chat-only name by adityam on 04-20-2005 at 04:11 PM

oh shoot... could someone move this to the proper place?
sorry! :$

RE: chat-only name by adityam on 04-20-2005 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It is possible definitely, but because the feature is already in Stuffplug NG, then I'm sure Patchou will leave this feature, as it would be a waste of time having it as a feature and a new plugin, there may also be the issue of the copyrighted code...

I'm sure that the blasphemer would prefer to keep it as his own... rather than let Patchou have it...

but if people have a problem using it... like i so clearly am... why not?
and i really hope i'm not the only one, cuz then that will be embarassing. but i somehow can't help it, i have to keep thunderbird, opera, messenger, my zone-labs firewall and date manager opened at all times... :(
RE: chat-only name by RaceProUK on 04-20-2005 at 06:49 PM

Is your SPNG the latest version (2.2.119 IIRC)?

RE: chat-only name by adityam on 04-21-2005 at 09:07 AM

i am 99% sure it is... but still, to be absolutely sure... how do i check?

RE: chat-only name by RaceProUK on 04-21-2005 at 10:11 AM

It's in the bottom.right of the configuration dialog.

RE: chat-only name by adityam on 04-22-2005 at 03:16 AM

yepeeydoo!! its the latest...