Shoutbox

pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? (/showthread.php?tid=43291)

pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? by PR3 on 04-20-2005 at 04:57 PM

how do i delete registry, preferences... of a-patch, ghost, messpatch, plus?
and registry or preferences from my old account?
thanx to all

RE: pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? by TheGeek on 04-20-2005 at 05:06 PM

I don't think its possible to delete preferences of a-patch because its a patch and it changes msn messenger (I could be wrong but i don't think i am :)).
To uninstall a-patch, you need to redownload it and choose the restore option...

RE: pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? by matty on 04-20-2005 at 05:16 PM

All Preferences for Messenger Plus! are stored in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\%email%

Please note, altering the registrty can heavily harm your system. We are not responsible for anything that happens to your PC direct or indirectly.

RE: pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? by Improfane on 04-20-2005 at 05:57 PM

Check the Plus! or Msn Messenger directory (I don't know which one you patched)
for me this is:
Msn Messenger: C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
Messenger Plus: C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger

Look for any .bak,.backup or otherwise odd files and remove the last extensions so they are back to their proper name:
For example, if you found in the messenger plus folder: MsgPlus1.exe.bak you'd delete MsgPlus1.exe (the file that was patched) and rename MsgPlus1.exe.bak to MsgPlus1.exe

I don't know what file your specific patch patches, it could be any of the dlls or the exes. Like msgslang.dll (msgslang.dll.bak or MsgPlusH.dll (MsgPlusH.dll.bak) - just look for any backup extensions or a filename with two extensions, it could even be MsgPlusH.dll.RES) - it depends on your patcher.

This is assuming the patch program (it should do) makes a backup before patching.

Good Luck

RE: pacths - how do i delete registry, preferences...? by Chris4 on 04-20-2005 at 07:33 PM

Start > Run > type "regedit" without the quotes.

To delete the registrys for Messenger Plus!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2

To delete the plugins

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Please note, altering the registrty can heavily harm your system. We are not responsible for anything that happens to your PC direct or indirectly.