Shoutbox

Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. (/showthread.php?tid=43309)

Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by .Roy on 04-20-2005 at 09:33 PM

When i drag an image or something to the quick reply area it enters the url of that object twice but not once.

Like if i see the image of a smiley on the same page. And i drag it onto the quick reply box, it pastes the url twice.

why doesnt it just do it once??

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by lopardo on 04-20-2005 at 10:35 PM

Same here... And it happens on any website, so... Firefox bug?

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by RaceProUK on 04-21-2005 at 10:18 AM

I can confirm this behaviour. Looks like some insecticide is needed.

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by user13774 on 04-21-2005 at 10:22 AM

With IE you can't drag images into the quick reply box :grin:, only text.

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by -dt- on 04-21-2005 at 10:29 AM

It's because there is no alt for the images when you drag an image into a textbox it copy's the url and the ALT atribute of the image but as you see on the forums theres not an ALT atribute for avatars so firefox supliments that with the url.

just try it on the attached page

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by WDZ on 04-21-2005 at 02:39 PM

¬_¬

The new MyBB version should have all the alt texts... :p

* WDZ can't be bothered to add them

RE: Firefox and dragging objects to quick reply area. by RaceProUK on 04-21-2005 at 06:13 PM

How many images are there?