Shoutbox

Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. (/showthread.php?tid=43348)

Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by .Roy on 04-21-2005 at 01:44 PM

Ok I really like this script that he made. Its great.

But what i need to know is if their is a way for Members to register their own account. Like for them to choose a username and a password. Not only a password.

Not an admin who registers for them and they choose the password.

* .Roy hopes Keystorm comes here.

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by KeyStorm on 04-21-2005 at 01:48 PM

Hey, are you blessed or what? I just signed in? :D

Well, you should take a look at the official board http://chameleon.keystorm.net (which is under construction, a reason why I still haven't made much publicity)

The answer is yes. Actually I just started coding the module that will allow users to self-register and get e-mail confirmations.

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by .Roy on 04-21-2005 at 01:56 PM

I get error 403 Forbidden.

When do you think the new release will be updated?
And i have another question... Is there a way I can make my own theme. I dont know php or css, but i want to make the colors different like a more light colors and i want to put my own logo if thats all right.

Btw great job again.
And if i update to the new one which will have a self register one. Will all the old accounts be deleted or do i just add another php file using ftp.
:) Thanks for the fast reply.

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by John Anderton on 04-21-2005 at 02:09 PM

Actually the forum works :S i tried it this morning but now it aint working :S
And KS since u r here ...  3 questions ... is that password problem fixed ?
2nd what about the translators ?? when do we get to work on it ?
3rd ... when will u release it

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by KeyStorm on 04-21-2005 at 02:45 PM

Let's see.

First: sorry, indeed the url is http://chameleon.keystorm.net/community. :)

Second, all about translations should be consulted there and if no information is available ask there.

About theming, it will be possible in the future, but to make own themes you will need to know some CSS, at least. Theming is not a high priority, but Chameleon is being coded in that direction. Current versions do not allow an assisted theming, so you will have to edit files manually if you want to change the style.

About old bugs of KSMAS I have to say the the full thing is being rewritten so old bugs may disappear, but new ones may emerge. I'm focusing the problem from a new point of view so it is very adaptable to any configurations and still powerful. My suggestion is forget about all KSMAS issues and wait some new software. ;)

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by .Roy on 04-21-2005 at 03:02 PM

When are you planning the new release?

I really cant wait for a way for users to register themselves.

Good luck. If you need any help testing please add me to messenger.
Royblatt@gmail.com

RE: Gotta hand it to Keystorm. I love his KSMAS. But i have 1 question. by KeyStorm on 04-21-2005 at 03:13 PM

The development will be as slow as necessary to ensure a short debugging time. and a fast troublefree release. But expect the register system to be very primitive, since I'm not adding blocking measures in and such things. :^)