Shoutbox

your recommendation of a good digital camera - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: your recommendation of a good digital camera (/showthread.php?tid=43447)

your recommendation of a good digital camera by TheMusicPirate on 04-23-2005 at 01:19 AM

what is a good cheap (in price) digital camera to get from futureshop?

i'm thinking about a 3 - 3.p MegaPixels, no more than that.

and if you have a pic of the digi cam, then please do post it.

thanks

EDIT: also i will need a extra flash card, most likely a 256mb or 1gb.
i need a recommendation of those also.

thanks

EDIT: or a good cheap (in price) 4 - 4.9 MegaPixel digicam. Also with a extra flash card.

EDIT: or from here
http://www.blackphotostore.com/english/digital_vi...e=Digital+Compacts

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Concord Dawn on 04-23-2005 at 03:21 AM

Olympus C60

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Hank on 04-23-2005 at 03:28 AM

i'd go with Sony myself

SONY DSCP41 CYBERSHOT DIGITAL CAMERA

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by joyceawh on 04-23-2005 at 07:42 PM

I'm using CANON IXUS 500. It's not bad if you are using at outdoor, but it's not well if using in indoor. It might could setting sth when you're using in indoor, but i don't know to fix it so it always unclear.

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Kryptonate on 04-23-2005 at 08:19 PM

You're only looking at the pixels, that's not the most important option on a digital camera. The zoom is also important, especially the optical as the digital zoom only 'cuts' in your picture. Personally I think Canon isn't bad. I have the Canon Powershot A95.

For the flash card it depends on your camera which one it uses. If it uses CF then Sandisk isn't bad. Also, look at the speed of the cart, there are cards at the speed of 8x, which are the most faster ones for writing.

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 09:42 PM

I got a cheap 4.1 MP camera and it's perfect, pictures are crisp, big, you can zoom in very big, but not to big, but that's not a problem. I wouldn't go for less. You can print your picture on A4 format easily without obviously seeing pixels. When doing bigger you will. The zoom is great to, it works in the viewwindow too. And it wasn't to expensive. I use an 512mb card, which stores on maximum quality 52 pictures, and on VGA quality about 999... I always uwe maximum quality because I never take 52 photo's... unless I'm travelling... then you would have a 1 gig card for sure... but you can buy them everywhere so... :-) I'm sure you won't get disappointed in every way. Digital camera's found their way and they are all very good. Digital mirrorreflex is the new way ahead now. So things are getting cheaper....(Y)

Greetz

EDIT: I you want a sample of what a 4.1 mp picture looks like you can PM me, i'll send you one:)

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Shezi on 04-23-2005 at 09:54 PM

my recommendation is creative 930 slim...
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?cate...=220&product=11431

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by squall_leonhart69r on 04-24-2005 at 02:47 PM

Olympus are the most durable and versatile cameras

they are weather proof and come with all the software you need to make good photos

if you have a tv tuner you can plug the camera into it through s-video and use it as a webcam as well

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Pyroteq on 04-24-2005 at 04:20 PM

Personally i dont think the Cybershots that great.
Im using A Canon camera.. The model has slipped my mind right now, although its not relevant because its about a year old.

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by squall_leonhart69r on 04-25-2005 at 06:12 AM

Olympus MJU 300

Metal weather proof casing

resolutins from 640x480
up to 1600x1200

different modes for different uses

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Rik on 04-28-2005 at 06:32 PM

i use a Cyber shot DSC- P32 but that isn't so great...
i recommend a Digital SONY DSC-P200 Silver

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by buzz on 04-28-2005 at 10:23 PM

i was using the cannon powershot s30, best camera i ever got. In fact i just up graded to the s 70 its great.  Digital zoom makes the pic alot better...s70 is like 700 canadian but im sure u could get an older model like the s30 somewhere else alot cheaper...here is a link to the futureshop s70     http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?l...22534&newdeptid=14

RE: your recommendation of a good digital camera by Fraisie on 04-29-2005 at 01:44 AM

We have a Canon Powershot S400 and we LOVE IT ! Best pictures we have taken ever !