Shoutbox

where is the sounds directory? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: where is the sounds directory? (/showthread.php?tid=43481)

where is the sounds directory? by Xa3r0 on 04-23-2005 at 02:51 PM

I have recently reinstalled my OS (onto a new hard disk drive) and I can't seem to locate where Messenger Plus has saved all the sounds (or a list of all my sounds).  Anyone point me in the right direction on how to get them back?

// Xa3r0

RE: where is the sounds directory? by Dempsey on 04-23-2005 at 02:53 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicatin Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

RE: where is the sounds directory? by matty on 04-23-2005 at 03:07 PM

Windows XP/Windows 2000:

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicatin Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\

Windows 98/ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\
RE: where is the sounds directory? by Xa3r0 on 04-23-2005 at 03:35 PM

Ah ha, trust it to be in the folder I didn't check, thats perfect, thanks

// xa3r0

RE: where is the sounds directory? by WDZ on 04-25-2005 at 07:01 AM

Related question: is there a way to stop custom sounds from being saved under All Users?

I want them saved in C:\Documents and Settings\my username\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\ because I'm paranoid about security/privacy. :tongue: I tried setting the CustomSoundsPrivate registry key, but apparently that has no effect on where the files are saved. :-/

RE: where is the sounds directory? by Dempsey on 04-25-2005 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Related question: is there a way to stop custom sounds from being saved under All Users?

it think its saved in All Users to try and save some bandwith on the server if multiple users on the same PC use the custom sound feature, although I do think a setting to save them in personal App Data folder would be good, even if it was a hidden registry setting