Shoutbox

Windows Update - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Update (/showthread.php?tid=43496)

Windows Update by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 06:17 PM

Okay my uncle's pc won't download updates on windowsupdate.microsoft.com . Actually it loads, and then it says he isn't able to update his pc. What's wrong with it? He has a Paccard Bell with a Celeron processor (haha) but I don't know the exact model... it's like 6 months old or so. He didn't mess up things because the only thing he knows can do is open Word and visit a website8-). I wanted to update his XP to SP2 but I had to order it on cd-rom because of that issue.. alright solved :), but he still misses a lots of other minor updates too...(!)

EDIT: gramattical mistakes ;)

RE: Windows Update by user35870 on 04-23-2005 at 06:18 PM

What does the error message say?

RE: Windows Update by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 06:22 PM

It says: Because of some reason you can't download any updates on Windows Update. (There's a red round icon with white cross on before that sentence. The sentence itself is in red) And then some text about contacting helpcenter etc...

RE: Windows Update by user35870 on 04-23-2005 at 06:23 PM

Is your copy of windows legal? (sorry to ask but)

RE: Windows Update by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 06:25 PM

It's not my copy but my uncle's. And yes it is legal as you can't buy a paccard bell without operating system8-) (i wouldn't be surprised if you could:p)

RE: Windows Update by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 06:32 PM

You could try Microsoft Update 6?  The URL to it has leaked on the internet, search and you will find.

RE: Windows Update by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 06:37 PM

I can try that.... but it's a belgian computer in dutch, will it work? And still there has got to be a reason why it won't dowload. I think the chance it won't work too is big enough to search a bit further...

RE: Windows Update by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
I can try that.... but it's a belgian computer in dutch, will it work? And still there has got to be a reason why it won't dowload. I think the chance it won't work too is big enough to search a bit further...
It will work on the Dutch PC, and it might work, Microsoft Update is entirely different software from Windows Update.
RE: Windows Update by Exca on 04-23-2005 at 06:49 PM

Okay, as soon as I have tried this at my uncle's I will reply.

Greetz