Shoutbox

My Sound Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: My Sound Problem (/showthread.php?tid=43501)

My Sound Problem by *Saint* on 04-23-2005 at 07:44 PM

When i goto sound library i can play the sound normally but when i try to send it it says its corrupt and cannt be sent how can i fix this

RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 07:56 PM

You need to delete the sound from your computer and redownload/remake it.  What is the sound (i'll download and attach to this thread for you)?

To delete a corrupt Sound file:
1. Go to My Computer
2. Open Drive C:\ (or the drive letter Plus! resides on)
3. Go to Documents and Settings
4. Select "Tools", and click on "Folder Options"
5. Press the "View" Tab
6. Change the "Hidden files and folders" setting to "Show hidden files and folders"
7. Go into "All Users"
8. Go into "Application Data"
9. Go into "Messenger Plus!"
10. Find the file by its Internal Identifier in Plus!
11. Repeat steps 4-6, except change it to "Do not show hidden files and folders".

If you need any more help, let me know.

RE: My Sound Problem by *Saint* on 04-23-2005 at 08:37 PM

so i have to remake the sound thanks for the help i know how to do that i just didnt know why it plays when i goto sound library but not when i try to send it

RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
so i have to remake the sound thanks for the help i know how to do that i just didnt know why it plays when i goto sound library but not when i try to send it
Pretty much.  If you want, I can download the sound from the server and attach it to this thread for you?  Just need its name/category (exact).
RE: My Sound Problem by Shezi on 04-23-2005 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Pretty much.  If you want, I can download the sound from the server and attach it to this thread for you?  Just need its name/category (exact).
how can u download the sounds from the server...... ??
RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
quote:
how can u download the sounds from the server...... ??
I am a Sound Moderator, Shezi, so I have access to every sound uploaded in the DB.  Thats why I try and help out more in the "Sound" related questions, cause if something needs to be checked serverside, I can look.
RE: My Sound Problem by Shezi on 04-23-2005 at 10:00 PM

quote:
I am a Sound Moderator, Shezi, so I have access to every sound uploaded in the DB.  Thats why I try and help out more in the "Sound" related questions, cause if something needs to be checked serverside, I can look.
then y dont u make some interesting sound packs and upload it over their.... it could be more handy than random sound feature in msgplus sound panel.....
RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-23-2005 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
quote:
then y dont u make some interesting sound packs and upload it over their.... it could be more handy than random sound feature in msgplus sound panel.....
Because :P, thats not why im a sound mod.  lol.  Anyways, we've gotten off topic.

*Saint*, Do you want a new copy of that sound from the server?
RE: My Sound Problem by *Saint* on 04-23-2005 at 10:12 PM

sure if you can do it like that its "comme un conard" in music

i didnt know you were a sound moderator and you cuold do it that easily

RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-26-2005 at 12:33 AM

Hello *Saint*,

I apologize for the delay, i've had issues with the sound admin interface recently, but I finally retrieved your sound and have attached it to the thread.

It will extract to "Recovered Sounds" on your C:\ drive.

RE: My Sound Problem by CookieRevised on 04-26-2005 at 02:03 AM

Dane, all that was not nessecairly at all and chances that other information will be corrupted or missed (like in the registry) is high.... (and thus this thread counts 9 unneeded posts and a dodgy EXE download!!!!)

So, you had to say/suggest:

You need to delete the sound from your computer and redownload/remake it.  What is the sound (i'll download and attach to this thread for you)?(<= thus not needed by any means!)

To delete and redownload a corrupt Sound file:

1. Go to your Sound Library
  2. Select the corrupt sound
  3. Click on "Edit Sound"
  4. Write down the ID number of the sound for later use
  5. Exit the sound's properties
  6. Click on "Delete Sound"

Now the sound is completely! deleted. No need to fiddle in (hidden) folders and other stuff at all.

7. Open a conversation window and enter:
    /sound #XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Where XXXXXXXXXXXX is the sound ID you wrote down before.

The sound will be redownloaded now and settings will properly be updated.

RE: My Sound Problem by Dane on 04-26-2005 at 02:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(and thus this thread counts 9 unneeded posts and a dodgy EXE download!!!!)

Heh, the EXE is the sound in a Self extracting ZIP file archive
quote:

[*]Open a conversation window and enter:
/sound #XXXXXXXXXXXX

The sound will be redownloaded now and settings will properly be updated.[/list=1]
I've heard mixed things about this method of getting sounds, such as they werent the correct sounds, so I wanted to make sure :).  But ill remember for future helping :).  Thanks for your input, Cookie.
RE: My Sound Problem by CookieRevised on 04-26-2005 at 02:19 AM

quote:
quote:
(and thus this thread counts 9 unneeded posts and a dodgy EXE download!!!!)

Heh, the EXE is the sound in a Self extracting ZIP file archive
I know, but it still is a dodgy EXE :P

quote:
quote:
[*]Open a conversation window and enter:
/sound #XXXXXXXXXXXX

The sound will be redownloaded now and settings will properly be updated.[/list=1]
I've heard mixed things about this method of getting sounds
about this method???? That is exactly and the only method to download sounds from the server, there is no other way (except the random sound feature, which works roughly the same)...

quote:
(...) such as they werent the correct sounds
Erm... you send the exact hash of the sound to the server, there are no two sounds with the same hash. Hence the whole system uses hashes....

------

even so, the whole "go to Documents and Settings and turn of hidden files" stuff wasn't needed at all since there is a simple button to delete a sound in the sound library which also properly deletes the registry settings for the sound, something you didn't mention either...

And even if there wasn't a delete button, then he only had to delete a registry key and the file on his HD would have been simply overwritten when he redownloaded it. And to delete a registry key you could've simply made a REG file...

;)