Shoutbox

How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? (/showthread.php?tid=43507)

How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by alegator on 04-23-2005 at 09:42 PM

Say I have "John" in my contact list but "John" deleted me (without blocking me) from his contact list. I will still see "John" online in my contactlist when "John" comes online eventhough he won't have me anymore in his contact list. Is there any way of finding out (without asking "John" :) ) wether I'm still in John's contact list?

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by mwe99 on 04-23-2005 at 09:44 PM

You can click Tools > Options > Privacy then view whose added me to their contact list :)

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by Shezi on 04-23-2005 at 09:50 PM

go to www.msngeeks.com
then mass delete check... by this u can chk that wich  users on your list have deleted you.

/edit: this site also have some other kool feature.. :)

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by Sunshine on 04-23-2005 at 09:53 PM

Or you can use Noroom's ListManager. It's a seperate program, the login is needed to get your contactlist from the server.

If you go to lists > clean lists in the menu, these available lists will help you:

[Image: cleanlists.jpg]

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by aNILEator on 04-23-2005 at 10:48 PM

TheBlasphemer mentioned building this feature into a future version of Stuffplug NG

RE: RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by BEWARE^^ on 04-24-2005 at 01:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
TheBlasphemer mentioned building this feature into a future version of Stuffplug NG

well i have heart that its gonna take atleast 1a1.5 moths  before there is a new version of stuffplug-NG
RE: RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by alegator on 04-24-2005 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
go to www.msngeeks.com
then mass delete check... by this u can chk that wich  users on your list have deleted you.

/edit: this site also have some other kool feature.. :)

Sounds cool, but somehow I'm always doubtful about those sites being scams to steal identities...how safe is that site?

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Or you can use Noroom's ListManager. It's a seperate program, the login is needed to get your contactlist from the server.

If you go to lists > clean lists in the menu, these available lists will help you:

[Image: cleanlists.jpg]

I downloaded it, it says v1 from 9/2004, is this version compatible with the latest MSN 7? Is it stable?

ADMIN Edit:

Please use the [Image: edit.gif] button to edit your posts rather then double posting.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html

quote:
Originally posted by Rules

# Spam: Any post that is off-topic or contributes nothing useful or interesting to a thread is considered to be spam. Most spam posts will be moved or deleted. Spam includes posts that:

* only contain emoticons.
    * only contain a short message, such as "LOL" or "hello."
    * are posted more than once, or immediately after another one of your posts (double post). There is an edit button. Learn to use it.

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by RaceProUK on 04-24-2005 at 10:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
I'm planning it for Phoenix too.

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by J.J on 04-25-2005 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I downloaded it, it says v1 from 9/2004, is this version compatible with the latest MSN 7? Is it stable?

Yes its compatible with Msn 7.0 and yes it is stable
RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by alegator on 04-25-2005 at 08:05 AM

I've tried "Noroom's List Manager" as suggested above by "Sunshine". It seems cool and working fine. Is it accurate? I mean, can I trust 100% that the contacts the plugin reports that deleted me really did so? Thanks.

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by Weyzza on 04-25-2005 at 08:11 AM

quote:
I've tried "Noroom's List Manager" as suggested above by "Sunshine". It seems cool and working fine. Is it accurate? I mean, can I trust 100% that the contacts the plugin reports that deleted me really did so? Thanks.
AFAIK, the program is accurate.

You could always do a cross-checking with the real list provided by MSN Messenger.
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You can click Tools > Options > Privacy then view whose added me to their contact list :)
Or, the way I do is, go to Tools/Options.../Privacy and right click on a contact. If I have an option to delete him/her, that means I am not in his/her contact list.
RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by Shezi on 04-25-2005 at 08:24 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
go to www.msngeeks.com

/edit: this site also have some other kool feature..

Sounds cool, but somehow I'm always doubtful about those sites being scams to steal identities...how safe is that site?
i m using this feature from the mentioned website for many years.... and i did'nt got any problem with my account.... :)
u can also read .NET Passport Privacy Policy of this site.
http://www.msngeeks.com/index.php?page=deletechecker
RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by RaceProUK on 04-25-2005 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
Yes its compatible with Msn 7.0 and yes it is stable
Well, it is and it isn't. Let me explain:
NoRoom's List Cleaner works by basically being a very stripped-down client that signs in and shows you all your lists IIRC.
RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by Sunshine on 04-25-2005 at 12:30 PM

It is compatible with all versions, remember all it does is get the lists from MSN servers and nothing has been changed in the way those get stored ;)

RE: How do I know if I'm still in my contact's list? by RaceProUK on 04-25-2005 at 04:08 PM

So it's not that it's comatible, it's that it bybasses the client completely.