Shoutbox

can't sign-in to MSN 7.0.7777 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: can't sign-in to MSN 7.0.7777 (/showthread.php?tid=43516)

can't sign-in to MSN 7.0.7777 by Scotty on 04-23-2005 at 11:53 PM

This problem seems to come and go, but it's nonetheless really annoying.

Basically, when I try to sign-in from my computer with my .NET passport (not linked to hotmail) the MSN symbol will spin forever.  People can see me as online during this time, but I still seeing it spinning, and spinning, and on and on.  I tried signing in on my roommate's computer and it signs in immediately (same version of MSN).  This leads me to believe that it's a problem with my computer.

I checked out the other thread (a few pages back) about this problem, but it doesn't seem like any solution was arrived at.  The workarounds suggested don't seem to work for me.  Google couldn't find anything else either.

Help? :S

RE: can't sign-in to MSN 7.0.7777 by Chris4 on 04-24-2005 at 01:18 AM

You've probely allready done this.. but...

1. Uninstall MSN Messenger 7
2. Delete the folder and everything inside it which you installed MSN Messenger in. Default - C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
3. Install MSN Messenger 7

RE: can't sign-in to MSN 7.0.7777 by trini on 04-24-2005 at 01:19 AM

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger, there is folder for every net passport you have. Find the one that you have trouble with and delete it. Then you should be able to sign in again. All you emoticons, pictures, etc. are going to be deleted so back up first!