Shoutbox

Chat Logs suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Chat Logs suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=43537)

Chat Logs suggestion by M73A on 04-24-2005 at 10:21 AM

Would it be possible to have the option to have chat log.txt files hidden....you know the thing in properties so you can't see them unless you change the folder settings to show hidden files....

you can do it manually but as soon as msgplus! adds to the log it becomes visible again....

i know they can be passworded (mine already are...) but making them hidden would be very useful aswell as some people know my password but it looks suspicious if i change it...

RE: Chat Logs suggestion by Hank on 04-24-2005 at 10:24 AM

cant see if this would be handy to have? 

RE: Chat Logs suggestion by Dempsey on 04-24-2005 at 10:34 AM

if you really don't want other people reading your chat logs that much, just don't log your chats, it's simple :P

RE: Chat Logs suggestion by Chestah on 04-24-2005 at 10:34 AM

If your using windows Xp with user accounts, right click on the parent folder --> sharing and security and click "make this folder private".

That way only you can look inside the folder and it solves all your problems except the looking suspicious part :P

RE: Chat Logs suggestion by M73A on 04-24-2005 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
If your using windows Xp with user accounts, right click on the parent folder --> sharing and security and click "make this folder private".

That way only you can look inside the folder and it solves all your problems except the looking suspicious part :P

only have one account:P

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
if you really don't want other people reading your chat logs that much, just don't log your chats, it's simple :P

i need em, lol i have the worst memory and they're handy when someone asks me something and i dont  know what they're on about