Shoutbox

The System has recovered from a serious error. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: The System has recovered from a serious error. (/showthread.php?tid=43542)

The System has recovered from a serious error. by user35870 on 04-24-2005 at 02:04 PM

Ok I was just browing the internet about 5mins ago when my screen goes blank and the computer starts up again then when i get to the desktop it says this (see attachment)

Could someone tell me what happend? Thanks

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by Mike on 04-24-2005 at 02:29 PM

There should be a button to send the error report to Microsoft... :S

And it usually gives you advice...

Anyway, this is usually caused by your graphic driver.

Try updating it...

Also, can you tell us what things you were doing before that happened?
(example, listening to music from computer)

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by user35870 on 04-24-2005 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
There should be a button to send the error report to Microsoft...

And it usually gives you advice...

Try updating it...

Also, can you tell us what things you were doing before that happened?
(example, listening to music from computer)

I was listing to music and browing the internet.

I sent the error report but it says no user action is required

All updates on my graphics card.
RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by Exca on 04-24-2005 at 02:32 PM

I had this also, for 3 times in a week or so, and I was getting worried my motherbord was messed up, but I never got it again and my computer works still perfectly, a year after the incident. So probably it's nothing to be worried about. Actually you should be glad: windows repaired it.....

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by squall_leonhart69r on 04-24-2005 at 02:34 PM

you will notice these from time to time

its a result of corrupt data being loaded either into system memory or the video memory

the problem usually rights itself

but give me a list of the hardware components and what drivers for video and chipset you are using

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by Exca on 04-24-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2

There you say it! Now I remember, when my screen went blue for that short moment before the crash, the second and third time I was reading like a freak what was on it, and it said something with LCD error blablabla (laptop) I have this ATI radeon 9200 mobile graphical card but it's fine now...
RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by absorbation on 04-24-2005 at 02:35 PM

When i got this i had a virus (dont mean to alarm you) it was a driver virus and caused my pc to crash :(

I then did a scan and found i had a virus called win32/parate and i have no idea what damage it does or how i got it. :P

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by squall_leonhart69r on 04-24-2005 at 02:36 PM

ahhh these have nothing to do with the video card

if there was a problem with the video, the driver inf. name would be mentioned in the error report

typical display faults for nvidia send a message saying a serious error was found when using NV4_displ.inf

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by user35870 on 04-24-2005 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
When i got this i had a virus (dont mean to alarm you) it was a driver virus and caused my pc to crash

I then did a scan and found i had a virus called win32/parate and i have no idea what damage it does or how i got it.

Thanks I will scan how.
RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by squall_leonhart69r on 04-24-2005 at 02:39 PM

visit norton and scan the virus data base for information and removal techniques of viruses

also

right click on my computer

and hit properties

click the advanced tab

and click settings under the startup and recovery subsection

and untick automatically restart under system failure

this way if it ever happens again you can get the real technical infomation and not the crap the ms error reporter does

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by user35870 on 04-24-2005 at 03:55 PM

Ok I have scanned for virus/adware but nothing

I have truned off auto reboot on system faliure.

I guess I will just have to wait and see if it happens again.

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by squall_leonhart69r on 04-24-2005 at 04:00 PM

if it does

take a not of what the first few lines say

ignore all the numbers and stuff just words that you can make out

RE: The System has recovered from a serious error. by user35870 on 04-24-2005 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r

if it does

take a not of what the first few lines say

ignore all the numbers and stuff just words that you can make out

Ok thanks I will search intel to see if there is any chipset updates.