Shoutbox

chat log error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: chat log error (/showthread.php?tid=43651)

chat log error by Xanzou on 04-25-2005 at 10:49 PM

hi im new here but i need help with this, i try to open a chat log and it says theres an error cuz msg plus didnt encrypted it and it doesnt let me open it, can any help me??

RE: chat log error by RaceProUK on 04-25-2005 at 11:08 PM

What is the error exactly?

RE: chat log error by Xanzou on 04-26-2005 at 01:06 AM

it says that theres been an error cuz msg plus hasnt encrypted the file (or the file is currupted), which i hope it isnt cuz i really want to read that chat log lol but anyways if any1 plz knows a way to repair this problem

RE: chat log error by dylan! on 04-26-2005 at 01:35 AM

i got ame error:P...but i just ignore it and leave it:P...even tho mine are encrypted:P...but that error still popsup after i put in password:P:(:S

RE: chat log error by Xanzou on 04-26-2005 at 02:17 AM

yes thats exactly my problem, but i need to read that chat log :(

RE: chat log error by CookieRevised on 04-26-2005 at 02:34 AM

Try to open the log directly in notepad. If you see a normal Plus! chat log, then the file name got probably corrupted (because you manually tried to rename some files?)

So rename the log to .TXT instead.
eg: if the log filename is mycontact@hotmail.com.ple rename it to mycontact@hotmail.com.txt

RE: chat log error by Xanzou on 04-26-2005 at 02:40 AM

tried that already but it just comes up a bunch of weird stuff since its encrypted lol, is there any way to de-encrypt the chat logs??

RE: chat log error by CookieRevised on 04-26-2005 at 02:46 AM

not without the proper password. (and the password can not be extracted from somewhere when you've lost it or don't know it anymore)

But if the file comes up with a bunch of wierd stuff in notepad and Plus! reports that the file isn't encrypted or corrupt, then the file IS corrupt and nothing can be done.