Shoutbox

Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! (/showthread.php?tid=43654)

Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by Dane on 04-25-2005 at 11:29 PM

Messenger Plus! Zone Outbreak (OAT) Alert Tool
By Dane Smith

I dont think this is spam since it has relevant information related to the recent virus epidemic via Messenger -- If it is, Mods please delete

Messenger Plus! Zone is proud to present a tool that will help users effectively stay informed about the latest Category 3 or higher threats.  Messenger Plus! Zone Outbreak Alert Service (OATS) is a small program (112KB) that loads on startup and sits in your systemtray...it checks every hour for the latest outbreaks, and, if any exist, you will receive the alert via your System Tray.  The program will not spam you with alerts!.  This version will only alert you to category 3 threats, and usually less than 4 per week come out.  So why not give it a spin, theres nothing to lose, and its free.

Download: Click Here to Download version 1.0.16 - Final - Spyware and Adware Free!

Source: Messenger Plus! Zone

RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by albert on 04-26-2005 at 12:20 AM

Perfect!

Ive been needing something like that!

but how trustworthy is it?

RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by Dane on 04-26-2005 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Perfect!

Ive been needing something like that!

but how trustworthy is it?
lol, I made it and only the Messenger Plus! Zone admins have access to it.  Very trustworthy.  Im already working on the next version, which will remove the viruses by downloading "Removal Definitions".  You can get it off the nightly builds whenever they become online.
RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by dylan! on 04-26-2005 at 02:38 AM

sounds cool(Y)...this will help me alot since my computer tends to like to get viruses:P

RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by John Anderton on 04-26-2005 at 05:21 AM

Even tho i never get viruses on my pc ill get this one :P
* John Anderton downloads it ;)

RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by Mike on 04-26-2005 at 06:14 AM

Just wondering, is this using a virus database you made or is it using a virus database that a famous anti-virus company made it? (example: symantec)

RE: Virus Outbreak Alerts on your Desktop! by Dane on 04-26-2005 at 05:50 PM

Hey,

It doesnt detect viruses, it simply notifies you of them (a future version will download "Removal Definitions" to detect and remove them).  I get information either from my own viral analysis or High Risk Alerts at various websites.  All are confirmed though.