Shoutbox

Urgent, Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Urgent, Help (/showthread.php?tid=43691)

Urgent, Help by wj on 04-26-2005 at 05:39 PM

Heres my problem and I need some help.

I've got a webcam for video conferencing with Messenger. Now I've got it mounted to the ceiling upside down and I need to flip the image verically so that the image is correctly orriented. How do I do this?

RE: Urgent, Help by Jhrono on 04-26-2005 at 06:05 PM

If you can, open the webcam and rotate the lens by 180º....OMG you didnt believe it or did you?!:lol:....

Dunno, but there are some of those "feet" for webcams which can hold them and make them higher if you want to, by pulling the "feet" out...(i have one)Hope you havent "Glued"  the webcam to the ceiling :S

RE: Urgent, Help by RaceProUK on 04-26-2005 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I need to flip the image verically so that the image is correctly orriented
You sure the drivers don't have this option?
RE: Urgent, Help by Exca on 04-26-2005 at 06:24 PM

I got this 15€ (calculate it by yourself) webcam and i even can flip horizonally and vertically so i would be surprised if you couldn't do it. Install your driver, don't just plug&play it...

RE: Urgent, Help by wj on 04-26-2005 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
If you can, open the webcam and rotate the lens by 180º....OMG you didnt believe it or did you?!:lol:....

Dunno, but there are some of those "feet" for webcams which can hold them and make them higher if you want to, by pulling the "feet" out...(i have one)Hope you havent "Glued"  the webcam to the ceiling :S

Magnetic.

I could flip the CCD upside down....

No drivers :-/ It's an Apple Isight running on a PC so it's using Generic 1394 Camera Drivers
RE: Urgent, Help by Exca on 04-26-2005 at 06:30 PM

the chance the sensor is stuck on the printplate is big. In my cellphone it's loose, if you take off the cover you got the sensor in your hands, if you put it back on again the cover presses the sensor contacts on the contacts on the printplate. Easy. But i don't think they use this tricks on a webcam as you don't have to open it for cleaning out dust etc.

EDIT: And still, for turning it you should have wires, else if you turn the sensor the contacts won't be on their place

RE: Urgent, Help by wj on 04-26-2005 at 06:34 PM

The idea there was that the isight is a cylinder shape and I could (if disassembled) just rotate the electronics, but it would void the waranty so thats a no-go.

RE: Urgent, Help by Jhrono on 04-26-2005 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj

Magnetic.

How about puting it on your monitor?(don't know if it sticks but you could try!)
RE: Urgent, Help by user27089 on 04-26-2005 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
Originally posted by wj

Magnetic.

How about puting it on your monitor?(don't know if it sticks but you could try!)

If you put anything magnetic near a monitor then it will ruin it...

try it... it screws it up loads :s...
RE: Urgent, Help by Stigmata on 04-26-2005 at 06:45 PM

isight: http://www.apple.com/isight/

i know for sure that it is not possible via messenger...

are you not able to edit it via iChat?

RE: Urgent, Help by Shezi on 04-26-2005 at 07:37 PM

well wj: u can do this by playing with lenses.. ;)
here is one of the solution but i m not sure that u r going to do this.. :P
When the object is placed between 2F and F, the image is real, inverted and lager than the object . This arrangement is found in projectors.
[Image: image010.gif]
on ur scenarion the image is u and the eye is ur cam.. :)
follow the figure and play with lens and ur cam.. hopefully u will get ur required results after doing some experiments.. ;)
and by this u ll also learn some phyzix.. :P

RE: Urgent, Help by wj on 04-26-2005 at 09:13 PM

Dont have iChat, It's a PC.

Messenger is a REQUIREMENT.

I'll have to see if I can get a lense to invert it.

RE: Urgent, Help by user13774 on 04-27-2005 at 10:55 AM

I can flip my image horizonally and vertically with MSN.. (check screenshot). I got a Logitech Quickcam Messenger with drivers. You could try to just install the logitech drivers without having a logitech cam.
Click here to go to the Logitech Driver page. Note that it's a software set and not only drivers, and it's 31 mb (wtf... :dodgy:).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=450241]

RE: Urgent, Help by CookieRevised on 04-27-2005 at 01:07 PM

other stuff you can try...

There are programs which takes the feed of the camera, manipulate the image and stream the image again as a new webcam object (don't know any names for such programs, but have seen them before)...

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
well wj: u can do this by playing with lenses..
That's extremely difficult to pull off. However, you don't need to do all that, simply put a mirror in front of your camera under the right angle and voila, image flipped...
RE: Urgent, Help by Wabz on 04-27-2005 at 01:21 PM

I don't think it can be done.

I looked Here   and it basically comes up with the same means as you have.

I don't think far from messing internally with the camera or waiting an unusual amount of time till someone writes a decent driver. You'll get a completly desired effect.