Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? (/showthread.php?tid=43695)

Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by user27089 on 04-26-2005 at 06:17 PM

Well, I have always used the Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox, and I've just done a clean install, and it's just stopped working, now it sucks, because I am used to how it used to be, and have been since the toolbar was created :cry:...

So would you please be able to make an update surfi? I beg you :cry:...

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Eljay on 04-26-2005 at 06:26 PM

try this

download the xpi from here

rename it to .zip and extract the rdf file

change the max version tag to 1.0, put it back in the zip

rename and install

bingo! :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Dempsey on 04-26-2005 at 06:28 PM

and then once you've done that can u post it on MPSupport.net  so i can download it, cos im lazy :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Zephyr on 04-26-2005 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
try this

download the xpi from here

rename it to .zip and extract the rdf file

change the max version tag to 1.0, put it back in the zip

rename and install

bingo!

How comes that my toolbar has carried on working through firefox changes if I haven't changed the max version tag?
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Dempsey on 04-26-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
How comes that my toolbar has carried on working through firefox changes if I haven't changed the max version tag?
have u upgraded to FireFox 1.03?
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Zephyr on 04-26-2005 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
have u upgraded to FireFox 1.03?

Yes. I checked on Help, About Mozilla Firefox and it says version 1.0.3.
I haven't changed anything with the toolbar and still it works good as before.
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by user27089 on 04-26-2005 at 06:39 PM

I can't rename it back  to *.xpi how do I do it?

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Dempsey on 04-26-2005 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can't rename it back  to *.xpi how do I do it?

you rename the msgplustoolbar.xpi to msgplustoolbar.zip

open it with WinZip or whatever

Edit the rdf file

put it back in the zip

rename msgplustoolbar.zip to msgplustoolbar.xpi
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by user27089 on 04-26-2005 at 06:43 PM

I think that I've done it, but I can't run it... going to upload it to skarz.co.uk and post a link to the download if you want it...

Nope, didn't work, I'll just try and sort something out and tell you how I did it :'(.

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by Zephyr on 04-26-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
I think that I've done it, but I can't run it... going to upload it to skarz.co.uk and post a link to the download if you want it...

How are you trying to run it? Are you going to file, open file? That's how i would do it.
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by user27089 on 04-26-2005 at 06:51 PM

... Are you being sarcastic lol, I just can't open the file with firefox, it says something about it being the wrong file type or something...

Okay, let's see...

http://www.skarz.co.uk/hosted/msgplustoolbarr.xpi

:banana: It's Alive :banana:

one says in a slightly crazy and german accent...

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by John Anderton on 04-26-2005 at 07:26 PM

I never had it but now i do. Thx ;)

quote:
It's Alive
Now where r the villagers :refuck:
I hope u know im reffering to frankenstein :dodgy: :P
Thx trax :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by ~INVASION~ on 04-26-2005 at 09:56 PM

the plus toolbar works perfect with my firefox 1.0.3 :undecided:

ive been using the toolbar since it came out it is very handy :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 1.03? by surfichris on 04-26-2005 at 10:49 PM

You should have searched the forums first. :dodgy:

I updated the toolbar a long time ago to include support for pretty much every future version of Firefox too, as well as the auto update component/checking.

I'd recommend using the latest version: http://www.surfionline.com/firefox/msgplustoolbar...lustoolbar_0_6.xpi

Chris