Shoutbox

encryption plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: encryption plugin (/showthread.php?tid=43713)

encryption plugin by dreaded on 04-27-2005 at 03:09 AM

Anyone know of a encryption plugin. I see that messenger discovery has and think it would be awesome is plus had it.

RE: encryption plugin by user13774 on 04-27-2005 at 10:38 AM

Other thread about it:

Messenger Plus should include Encryption button.

RE: encryption plugin by aptiva on 04-27-2005 at 03:11 PM

for over a year, on and off, I've been developing a text editor application which could encrypt text with the default algorithm(which would be insecure, but if you were to email it or something, hackers could not read it without the text editor to decrypt it), it could encrypt text with an optional password(so that someone with the text editor could decrypt it only if they have your custom password), and you could encrypt files(through a lengthy process which actually not only encrypts the data, but archives it after encryption, then the archive is encrypted), or you could hide text within the code of images...which could also only be decrypted with either the default cypher, or the custom user password....

If you'd like, I could implement these into a plugin...

people post feedback, please

RE: encryption plugin by Mike on 04-28-2005 at 05:38 PM

Try looking at Project K - crYpt ;)

RE: encryption plugin by nemattoad on 04-28-2005 at 10:22 PM

I wrote a a good little encryption plugin (at least I think it's good :)) in VB for plus. Both parties in a conversation need the plugin and need to be using the same pass phrase.

Unknown support for more than 2 people in a conversation. It is a pretty basic but well done program, it uses AES encryption.

I am not really interested in making this some big fancy plugin so if anyone doesn't like it, I really dont want to hear about because I am not forcing you to use it nor do I have any interest to improve upon it.

Usage:

/xe your message

It will not try and encrypt anything nor perform any actions on messages that were not sent or received using the plugin so it shouldnt screw up your MSN.

Run installer.exe in the zip to install.

---If for whatever reason you really want to get a hold of me and are dying for a feature or have some amazing idea or a question, I will try my best to reply to emails and PMs.

RE: encryption plugin by Concord Dawn on 04-29-2005 at 03:01 AM

Or try meeting them face to face? Having an extremely private conversation on the internet is asking to be hacked, honestly.