Shoutbox

Personal Message Issues - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Personal Message Issues (/showthread.php?tid=43747)

Personal Message Issues by SonicSiss on 04-27-2005 at 06:25 PM

MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 randomly deletes my personal message, every time I open the main MSN window I have to type a new one..... any idears because it only seems to be mine that it happens too..

I have MSN Messenger 7.0.0777, Plus! and stuffplug

RE: Personal Message Issues by Anubis on 04-27-2005 at 07:39 PM

Do you experience this problem if Plus isn't installed?

I know it sounds basic, but these problems are often fixed by a clean uninstall and a clean reinstall of MSN Messenger;
Uninstall MSN Messenger. Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs > MSN Messenger > Change\Remove > Follow uninstaller.
Reboot your computer. Do not skip this step.
Download and install MSN Messenger again and install it. Does it happen now?

RE: Personal Message Issues by SonicSiss on 04-27-2005 at 08:37 PM

Yeah I did that yesterday even without plus! it still managed to disappear ... maybe I having ablonde moment

RE: Personal Message Issues by TaKYoN on 04-28-2005 at 10:57 AM

Mine has a similar issue, altho mine reverts to a previous message?!?!!?

Seriously, sometimes I can change my message and after a reboot or whatever the old one is back, very strange indeed.

Both MSGR and MSGPLUS have been removed/re-installed, but ot no avail.

RE: Personal Message Issues by mwe99 on 04-28-2005 at 11:12 AM

Mine does the same, everytime i have to type in my message again :( I have Plus and StuffPlug installed too

edit: I did what you said Anubis and still the problem.

RE: Personal Message Issues by SonicSiss on 04-28-2005 at 12:52 PM

I treid again this morning and still the same problem..... Doing my head in now..

RE: Personal Message Issues by TaKYoN on 04-28-2005 at 02:11 PM

I also tried the suggested here, no fix.  Gotta say tho the problem does not happen everytime.

Maybe it got fixed with the 813 patch?

RE: Personal Message Issues by SonicSiss on 04-28-2005 at 04:44 PM

Welll..... Dont I feel Like a Chicken Nugget to say the least .......  I have sorted out my problem......  Somewhere along the line my MSN Security Options had been changed possibly from signing in with someone elses account on my system...... It looks as it the problem stemmed from having the "This is a shared computer do not save address book, display picture Etc. Etc.   Now I have unchecked it, it seems to stay put.....

What Am I Like .....?  'only nice comments Please'

RE: Personal Message Issues by mwe99 on 04-28-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSiss
Somewhere along the line my MSN Security Options had been changed possibly from signing in with someone elses account on my system...... It looks as it the problem stemmed from having the "This is a shared computer do not save address book, display picture Etc. Etc.   Now I have unchecked it, it seems to stay put.....

What Am I Like .....?  'only nice comments Please'

That does seem the be the solution to the problem :) and now it does actually make sense :P