Shoutbox

Built in sounds. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Built in sounds. (/showthread.php?tid=43764)

Built in sounds. by jamesxm on 04-27-2005 at 11:00 PM

I am using Messenger Plus! 3.52.130 and I have Windows 2000 Professional I have all the service packs and all that. But heres the problem:

When I type in /skiss or /sboring but with an emoticon beside them (/skiss:P) the error thing pops up and such but than what happens is I correct it. (/skiss :P) and no emoticon shows up, but yet the sound still occurs. But than if I go the first time and type /skiss :P nothing weird happens.

NOTE: I am not the only person who has noticed this. I am just the only one with the guts to post it.

Thanks a lot,

James.

RE: Built in sounds. by banky on 04-27-2005 at 11:07 PM

ok i tried doing /skiss:P and i get the error i try (/skiss :P) after i get the error and it works so you may wanna try to uninstall msgplus and reinstall it.

RE: Built in sounds. by jamesxm on 04-27-2005 at 11:08 PM

/skiss:P :error pops up: than use your arrow keys and space the /skiss and the :P out like this /skiss :P than press enter.

RE: Built in sounds. by banky on 04-27-2005 at 11:10 PM

i did that and it still worked.. you may wanna try to reinstall plus

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
ok i tried doing /skiss:P and i get the error i try (/skiss :P) after i get the error and it works so you may wanna try to uninstall msgplus and reinstall it.

RE: Built in sounds. by Plik on 04-27-2005 at 11:12 PM

Yes, thats normal behavoir. Its standard to have to seperate parameters from the commands in all types of programs.
There is nothing wroung with the way plus handles it.
Because it things you are using /skiss:p as the command not /skiss as the command and :p as the parameter.
And i really doubt patchou will change the way this works (Why would he ?)

RE: Built in sounds. by banky on 04-27-2005 at 11:15 PM

/skiss:P yes is natrual to give error but hes saying hes getting error on /skiss :P which I didn't got it on the second one

RE: Built in sounds. by jamesxm on 04-27-2005 at 11:16 PM

Yeahh I agree its not like threatening to anything so lets just leave it at that, thanks.