Shoutbox

Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) (/showthread.php?tid=43823)

Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 04-28-2005 at 09:55 PM

ok plp i just wanted to inform everyone that i am in the beggining of building a plugin for plus! that will :

auto-hide the conduct list if it is docked in either the left or right side.
Also fix the hiding caption and menu problems...
make trayicon to show the conduct list with a single click
at a later stage a fixed docking adjusting the client area of the screen.
try to remove the damn button from the taskbar :@

The problem is that i am kind new in c++ so development will take a while, as well as the fact that i am in an examination period and don;t have much time :)

So i started this thread for everyone to post their thoughts and suggestions, and i will check them out once i find some spare .... time.

regards TazDevil

Download Here

[HISTORY]

07/07/05
balloon tip finally works

06/07/05
added version check to load only in version 7 of MSN messenger
fixed maximize, restore on dock mode

04/0705
more stable on reloading, and exiting prefs
changed prefs dialog
added systray menu items
custom left, middle click actions
remove alt+tab icon when in skin mode

13/05/05
opaque contact list on mouse over
option to disable animation
fixed auto-hide menu feature... again
/xwmshow returns focus to chat window

10/05/05
animation on expand / collupse, autohide mode.

09/05/05
fixed forced auto-hide even if not skinned, to force only if attached to left/right edge
fixed auto-hide menu feature...
disabled show|hide frame button in menu auto show|hide mode
reposition window on startup if off the right edge
remove popup delay causing problems.

08/05/05
set cursor to hand on collupsed window
minimize button collupses window in autohide mode
fixed how to get skinned state in polygami, read registry only once
begun docking implementation
fixed displacement of desktop icons...
general fixes for docking

07/05/05
alt deactivated whan collupsed
delay 200 ms in displaying the window to skip unwanted popups
fixed risizing bug and set to the default minimum
window snapping implemented
window remembers topmost status on collupse & expand in autohide mode
middle doubleclick closes window
right doubleclick opens preferences

03/05/05
hide menu has its own timer
fixed off option

02/05/05
polygamy fix for tray area notifications
fixed reload crash

01/05/05
fixed right side auto-hide decreases in size
added xwminfo, xwmconfig, xwmshow

29/04/05
fixed taskbar button
fixed on ALT to show menu
enabled polugamy comatibilitiy
middle button click in notification area autosigns in messenger

Download Here

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-29-2005 at 09:00 PM

...::: PLEASE WAIT WHILE LOADING PICTURES :::...

[Image: options_balloon.png] [Image: balloon_tip.png]
[Image: options_contactlist.png] [Image: contact_list.gif]
[Image: options_other.png] [Image: notification_area.png]

...::: PLEASE WAIT WHILE LOADING PICTURES :::...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 04-29-2005 at 09:31 PM

If you post the latest version of the plugin, and ask for people to test it and give feedback, I'm sure you'll get some valuable responses ;)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-29-2005 at 09:43 PM

Ohh sorry forgot... i will update teh first post right now with the latest beta verion to give me you r thought, it is acompanied with an ini file describing settings but not all of the work right now

working settings are,
forceside, forcehide, hidebutton, autohidewait

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by mwe99 on 04-29-2005 at 11:13 PM

People may be wary of downloading this as your a new member but i might give it a go and give you feedback :P

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 04-29-2005 at 11:43 PM

Not many problems to report, but a few:
1. For some reason, wants to make the window fill the desktop if you have to restart MSN. And you don't seem to be able to resize it if that happens.
2. When using Plugin Reloader, it can crash MSN (check for stray threads?).
3. Sometimes the single-click won't work, but a double-click can cause a crash.

And that's all that's stopping me from using it fulltime.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Grue on 04-30-2005 at 06:25 AM

Good Plugin! I don't have any major problems. I will definitely use it. I have been looking for something like this. Thanks

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-30-2005 at 01:18 PM

raceprouk, please check again your issues with this one

unfortunattely i cannot visit the www.msgplus.net side, as it cannot be loaded from this pc for some reason , so where can i get the Reloader thingy to test it. Also no direct link to www.msgplus.net will work for some reason

please tell me if it crashes no with a single click etc...

please check out the hidemenu option in the ini, and tell me if you like it, set it to 1 to activate. It will hide the menu and caption automatically when the mouse leaves conduct list and when it re-enters shows it again... Will be more usefull in the pending Dock mode i think ... :)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 04-30-2005 at 02:01 PM

If you can't egt to www.msgplus.net, you may want to check your HOSTS file, and remove all entries for www.msgplus.net.
Anyway, I've attached the reloader for you ;)
And I'll get back to you about bugs and stuff.

Update:
1. Fixed :)
2. Still there
3. Seems to have been fixed

Couple of other little probs though:
4. At one point it put the window in the top corner of the desktop with no size, and no ability to move or resize it.
5. Something I noticed before, but didn't post: when you close the window, you steal focus from the window currently in use. Should be fixable by using ShowWindow API ;)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-30-2005 at 02:26 PM

hey thanks, saved me a format c:\ right now :)

# [Cyril Paciullo][Messenger Plus!][C2Media\LOP affiliate]
127.0.0.1 download.msgplus.net
127.0.0.1 files.msgplus.net
127.0.0.1 plugins.msgplus.net
127.0.0.1 www.msgplus.net
127.0.0.1 www.msgpluszone.com
127.0.0.1 www.patchou.com

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-30-2005 at 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info cockie... i already fixed it.

go figure... i have a 127kb list if addresses being blocked
no wander i rarely meet with a virus :)

we learn something everyday... I guess that was for me... thank god they didn't block the forums as well. i would have never learnt this valuable info.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 04-30-2005 at 03:00 PM

This plugin is just great!!! (Y) Please continue the good work in it.

I've some smaller problems with it however :-$. I edited the ini file to set "hidewait = 25000", but the Contact list auto hides almost immediately after I moved the mouse outside the window.

The second issue has something to do with the taskbar button: I don't want to hide the Messenger button, but when I set hidebutton to 0, there appears a second button in the taskbar, probably from your plugin!?

At last I want to make a suggestion: would it be possible to configure the plugin on the fly, so one could enable/disable hiding the Contact list without editing the ini file and restarting MSN Messenger? Maybe the Plugins section of the Preferences Panel of Messenger Plus! would be a good place for it!

Nevertheless a wonderfull piece of work! :-D

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-30-2005 at 03:37 PM

The task bar thing temporarily fixed... and yes it is from my plugin

about the wait thing... let me seee....
wait fixed also. Takes values from 10 to 2147483647, but note it is in miliseconds not seconds so 25000 is 25 seconds

the preferences will of cource come but later on...
it will have a proper prefs dialog and some commands for the convo windows as well :)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 04-30-2005 at 03:51 PM

Thanks a lot! It works now.

Concerning the prefs dialog: I'll wait patiently ;-).

What do you think about a seperate timer for the hide menu option? So it would hide after say 500 ms the menu and 25 s the whole contact list ... it's just an idea :-)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 04-30-2005 at 04:47 PM

Good work TazDevil. Really like the docking filling the height of the screen.

One problem though. When i close the contact list and then reopen it by clicking on the icon in the taskbar, the transparency i had with plus disappears and the window is just opaque. I can fix this by just opening plus preferences and applying again.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 04-30-2005 at 07:05 PM

ohhhhkzzzzzzz, i am done for today

got to go now....
i trust you BETA 2

added preferences <- i neigther couldn;t wait any more...
permanently fixed taskbar, problem

middle button doubleclick in notification area brings preferences as well as thenormal way

monster.rat i see what you mean, i take control before the rest of Plus! kicks in. anyway why would you want to use transparency when you have a sliding drawer...

I will look into it later on in conjuction with patchou if he want to help... TEMP fix: if you change the frame state it corrects things for me...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 04-30-2005 at 07:24 PM

Thanks for the preferences. There are some more problems though.

Would it be possible to make the MSN Messenger windows to act like normal windows when auto hide is on.
Say i have Firefox open, then i get msn messenger out of autohide and open plus! preferences. The preferences panel will stay on top of Firefox even if i click on the firefox window. Hope you understand.

Also, if I keep bringing msn out of autohide and then letting it go in to auto hide, over and over again, the MSN Messenger window will slowly decrease in width each time.

Lastly, when you're using the term 'conduct list', I think you mean 'contact list'.

Btw, i hope i'm not sounding too critical because i'm not trying to be and it's a great plugin. Keep up the good work!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Grue on 04-30-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Would it be possible to make the MSN Messenger windows to act like normal windows when auto hide is on.
Say i have Firefox open, then i get msn messenger out of autohide and open plus! preferences. The preferences panel will stay on top of Firefox even if i click on the firefox window. Hope you understand.

Yeah i think a better idea would be to have it when you have the window frame hidden that it is always on top and it auto hides but when you don't have the window frame hidden that it doesn't auto hide (like it does already) AND that it isn't always on top. That way you can basically activate and deactivate the plugin by just pressing the "hide window frame" button.
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 04-30-2005 at 07:49 PM

quote:

Also, if I keep bringing msn out of autohide and then letting it go in to auto hide, over and over again, the MSN Messenger window will slowly decrease in width each time.

Can anyone confirm this just so i know it's not something on my side which is wrong.

EDIT: This happens with the main MSN window and all subsequent windows from MSN inculding contact cards.
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Grue on 04-30-2005 at 08:38 PM

quote:
quote:

Can anyone confirm this just so i know it's not something on my side which is wrong.

Yes that happens to me also...
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-01-2005 at 03:18 AM

To me also ...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 08:19 AM

okz, fixed the lil typo (d -> t)
also fixed the width adjustment, when auto-hiding to the right
added a couple of commands, /xwmconfig /xwminfo /xwmshow
/xwmhide /xwmsend cannot be used yet

i am still having a problem unloading the plugin when plugins are reloaded throught another plugin... Techincal info on where ton unload all the staff would be appreciated (need to unhook/unsubclass conduct list) in a forced environment due to MessengerPlus_PluginChange message ^o)

i registered the message to catchit it the subclassed proc, but it still crashes :(

If i understood correctly if it is set to auto-hide AND skinned to force Always on top, and if it is framed to remember last z-order ?

Also please plp supply me with version info so that i know for which win & messengers it is compatible

About the transparency thing, i think that plus checks for window style properties before applying, and since i remove the WM_CAPTION style, and menu, or fails to load if there is no menu ^o) (i am just guessing here thou)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 02:19 PM

ohh foolish me...

OK, please check it now and tell me if it still crashes on reload i think it is fixed now

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-01-2005 at 03:14 PM

Thanks for the update.

Windows Version: Windows XP, 5.01.2600
Messenger Client Version: 7.0.0813
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.52.0130

The auto hide on the right no longer resizes the contact list. (Y)
It doesn't crash on reload for me.

One thing with the /xwmshow command that you may not wish to fix as it may not bother most people. When im using polygamy with stuffplug ng, so i have two accounts open, the show command will open the last MSN window that was started last no matter what account i type the command with. It think if i type it in a conversation of one account, it should show the msn window of that account.

Could you also look into the MSN windows acting like normal windows when in auto hide so they can go behind other windows.

Thanks for working on this great plugin.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Could you also look into the MSN windows acting like normal windows when in auto hide so they can go behind other windows.

you know i don't really understand this... you mean the convos ?
the convo windows have a separate option for always on top, that is different from the conduct list :@

About the polygamy, thing i dont think it will be possible in the near future,  because i cannot work backwards to find the owner process of the msn that has that window (it is possible but ... no knowledge !!)
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-01-2005 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
About the polygamy, thing i dont think it will be possible in the near future,  because i cannot work backwards to find the owner process of the msn that has that window (it is possible but ... no knowledge !!)

Don't worry.

quote:
you know i don't really understand this... you mean the convos ?
the convo windows have a separate option for always on top, that is different from the conduct list

I posted in more detail in an earlier post. It's just that all windows that open off MSN eg. plus preferences, contact cards, options,. When these windows are opened with auto hide on, they cannot go behind other windows - they are always ontop. Conversation windows are fine.
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 04:53 PM

oh i understand what you mean, well all other windows created are child windows of the conductlist, and they inherit the properties of the conduct list, so if conduct list is on top they are ontop, if not then.. not

i will see if i can change their parent  flag to the desktop so that they be hidden (but i am not sure it is even possible)

FEEL free to try my winamp plugin, the link is in my sig.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-01-2005 at 05:00 PM

quote:
oh i understand what you mean, well all other windows created are child windows of the conductlist, and they inherit the properties of the conduct list, so if conduct list is on top they are ontop, if not then.. not

i will see if i can change their parent  flag to the desktop so that they be hidden (but i am not sure it is even possible)

Thanks again.
Would it also be possible to do this for the contact list itself. Say i have a long dealy before the window hides, I would like the contact list to go behind other windows while waiting to be hidden. I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be nice. I know the auto hide wil hide it in a certain ammount of time and i could just wait, but the window is sometimes over a window i'm trying to read at that moment and i have to wait for it to hide. 
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 05:11 PM

so you mean if the contact list loses focus (clicked somewhere else), to hide, the window without waiting for the timer ????

i have been trying this activate/deactivate thing but ..... unsuccessfull
i will look more into it tomorrow

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-01-2005 at 05:20 PM

quote:
so you mean if the contact list loses focus (clicked somewhere else), to hide, the window without waiting for the timer ????

Yeah exactly
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 06:06 PM

just thought something for polygamy, but tell me first of all, the tray bar icon works for both instances of messenger or just for 1 ?

just to see if my speculations as valid...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 08:23 PM

Out of interest, how are you getting the window handle of the main window? If you use the get_HWND() part of the API, and typecast the result so you can use an HWND struct instead of a long, that would solve the whole polygamy issue.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-01-2005 at 08:43 PM

Umm, I believe its your plugin that adds the little up/down arrow onto the contact list (well just above it) when you use it, MSN goes full screen and the only way to close it as far as I know is via task manager. On top of this, the only way to get MSN back to how it was before (non fullscreen) is to uninstall your plugin!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-01-2005 at 09:05 PM

The little up/down arrow, if we're thinking of the same thing, is part of the MSN Messenger program. It shows or hides the frame around the contact list and the title bar.

If you have a bug with the plugin, state what versions you are using and hopefully TazDevil can fix it.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 09:43 PM

well yes i am using get_HWND() to get the contact list window, but the messages from the tray area are sent to another hidden window as you know and i think the only way to to differenciate between two processes of msn to to compare with GetWindowThreadProcessId(), iam i right here ? and that is to control the tray bar ....

so because i am not very good at this each COM object belongs to the individual process of msn right ?

also i am trying to make a command /xwmsend to send the dll to the contact window that the command was called, but i cannot get the first parameter contact name right.

edit to andre...
i think you are using an old version, i think i fixed the fullscreen problem, well a workaround is to press ALT to show the menu and titlebar to restore or close msn messenger if the window is skinned

edit to raceprouk
nice tutorial by the way, ToastGalore was helpfull to produce the toast ... finally. to bad thou toasts only work in Intitialize and ParseCommand, this limits their functionality.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 10:02 PM

Each COM object belongs to a single process. In polygamy, each instance of Messenger will have it's own IMessenger3 interface.
And toasts only work in the thread Initialise was called in.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-01-2005 at 10:11 PM

thanks,
indeed but not all functions in an app load in the sames thread ?, (is it different if i complie a single-threaded dll instead of a multi-threaded) ?

what about the send file, how can i get the conduct info of the window producing the command...
PLUGIN_PARAM - has the iConversationWnd IDispatch, so how do i get the userinfo ...@%^@%^ arggggg

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-02-2005 at 11:35 AM

Without knowing your code, I can't say anything about the threading for the plugin.
As for the user info, who's info are you looking for exactly?

Edit: If you like, I could help you with this plugin. Depends if you want to let others see your code of course.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-02-2005 at 02:11 PM

I was using the version on Page 3 of this thread thats in a .rar

Strange, with a "normal" (By normal I mean MSN with Plus, StuffPlug-NG, Mess Patch and a few other plugins) I don't have the little arrowy thing but when I have this plugin it appears.

MSN Messenger 7.0.813
Messenger Plus! 3.52
StuffPlug 2.2.119
Mess Patch for MSN Messenger 7.0.813

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Zephyr on 05-02-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andre
I was using the version on Page 3 of this thread thats in a .rar

Strange, with a "normal" (By normal I mean MSN with Plus, StuffPlug-NG, Mess Patch and a few other plugins) I don't have the little arrowy thing but when I have this plugin it appears.

MSN Messenger 7.0.814
Messenger Plus! 3.52
StuffPlug 2.2.119
Mess Patch for MSN MEssenger 7.0.814

Could you say what little arrow appears exactly, what it looks like and what it does.

Also when you say MSN Messenger 7.0.814, do you mean MSN Messenger 7.0.813?
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-02-2005 at 02:49 PM

Well I did use 7.0.814 until everyone realise it was a scam :P and yes I meant 7.0.813, but it didn't appear when I was using 7.0.777 or any of the public betas (I didn't use the leaked private betas then)

The little arrow is in the top left hand corner of the contact list above the MSN Messenger logo but below the bit saying File, Contacts, Actions.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-02-2005 at 05:19 PM

The button that shows/hides the menu bar? That's there in all versions of MSNM7, unless you maximise the window.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-02-2005 at 05:29 PM

That explains it.

This plugin puts the button on regardless of whether its maximised or not, correct?

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-02-2005 at 10:55 PM

@ Andre
no the plugin does not draw any buttons on messenger, the button is a MSNM 7 feature, that was already used in convos for version 6 and then incorporated for the contactlist as well
the only thing it just disables the minimise button, but in the future this will be only in autohide mode.

i think i have resolved the polygamy issue...
but i will post next version once i resolve the issue below.

so receprouk, what is wrong with this peice of code and i cannot work it out... i am fed up here... it is part of ParceCommand()

code:
    if (strcmp(sCommand, "/xwmsend") == 0)
    {
        LONG pcContacts;
        BSTR pbstrSinginName;
        VARIANT vContact;

char *lpSendFile = (char*)malloc(sizeof(char)*MAX_PATH);
        GetModuleFileName((HMODULE)g_hModule, lpSendFile, MAX_PATH);

IDispatch *pIDispatch = NULL;

IMessengerConversationWnd *pIMessengerConversationWnd = NULL;
        pParam->iConversationWnd->QueryInterface(IID_IMessengerConversationWnd, (void**)&pIMessengerConversationWnd);
        pIMessengerConversationWnd->get_Contacts(&pIDispatch);

IMessengerContacts *pIMessengerContacts = NULL;
        pIDispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IMessengerContacts, (void**)&pIMessengerContacts);
        pIMessengerContacts->get_Count(&pcContacts);

for (int x=0; x < pcContacts; x++)
        {
            pIMessengerContacts->Item(x, &pIDispatch);

IMessengerContact *pIMessengerContact = NULL;
            pIDispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IMessengerContact, (void**)&pIMessengerContact);

pIMessengerContact->get_SigninName(&pbstrSinginName);
            pIMessengerContact->Release();

vContact.vt = VT_DISPATCH;
vContact.pdispVal = pIDispatch;
            IMessenger *pIMessenger = NULL;
            pIMessengerObj->QueryInterface(IID_IMessenger,(void**)&pIMessenger);
            pIMessenger->SendFile(vContact, (BSTR)_bstr_t(lpSendFile), &pIDispatch);
            pIMessenger->Release();

}
        pIMessengerContacts->Release();

free(lpSendFile);
        return TRUE;
    }

if you get it to work please let me know...
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-03-2005 at 07:21 AM

Just wanted to say good work man!!! :D... This is great... Though the bugs mentioned here needs to fixed at some point...
My problems are as following:
1. It seems that if I have both "Autohide" and "Hide menu" option it works well.. But they are running on the same timer right?
2. If I have "Hide-menu" Option enabled, but not "Auto-hide" then it still Auto-hides after the given time of "Hide-menu"...
3. After some more testing, it doesn't seem to be able to get that I set the settings Off... :S...
4. Would like to be able to "Auto-hide" the "conduct list"/contact list without having to press the "Manually Hide Menu" Arrows, and without having the "Hide-menu" setting set, since it looks very bad when it have to collapse before hiding, and decollapse when unhiding, this doesn't look good and takes to much time... And I want the menu bar to be there since I use the menu's alot!....
5. As mentioned before, it should SetWindowFocus on the active window/conversation/whatever...

I think this was all for now... Keep up the good work!!... I really enjoy this!... Can't wait to see when this is finished... :D..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-03-2005 at 09:19 AM

quote:
code:
            vContact.pdispVal = pIDispatch;
            vContact.pbstrVal = &pbstrSinginName;

You can only assign one type of data to a VARIANT, and you have to also set the type of it.
MSDN page about VARIANT.

If you just replace vContact.pdispVal = pIDispatch with vContact.vt = VT_BSTR it should work.
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-03-2005 at 11:44 AM

arggg, thanks for the tip raceprouk, i read the MSDN 3 times and i skipped this line :)

quote:
The vt value governs the interpretation of the union as follows:

but whether i use VT_BSTR or VT_DISPATCH SendFile() returns a E_NOTIMPL error...

i am stuck here, i have even used IMessenger3 intrface instead of IMessenger and i still get this error.

yes (CyBeRDuDe)
the Off option is not done yet as i am still testing auto-hide feature.
also there is an option to force autohide if the window is not skinned, you should enable that one.

i am going to get into the off and individual timer for the menu, in some days, cause im studing for exams now...

about SetFocus() there are two cases i am considering...
on mouse over the window it does not get a focus, so you can still work on the previous window, until mesenger closes automatically
so i cannot know when the window loses focus to close window immediatelly as requested before

on mouse over the window it does get a focus, i probably can do the above, but when the window is hidden with the timer, the i don't know to which window to set the focus to, as when the window will close(slide back) it will still carry the focus...

which one do you prefer!!!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by aNILEator on 05-03-2005 at 03:11 PM

Sounding good, when its finished create a new thread saying released :)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-03-2005 at 05:43 PM

quote:
but whether i use VT_BSTR or VT_DISPATCH SendFile() returns a E_NOTIMPL error...
Weird: it shouldn't. Are you sure that the BSTR you're passing in the VARIANT, and the BSTR filepath, are correct? Use MessageBoxW to find out if necessary. Also, make sure you've got an IDispatch* ready for the third argument.

As for the SetFocus stuff, before you show the main window, use GetActiveWindow(), then use the returned HWND to SetFocus to the right window.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. Can you remove the window from Alt+Tab as well please?
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-03-2005 at 08:09 PM

well yes that is what i thought about SetFocus(), i'll give it a shot later

guess what... SendFile() works for version 6.2 since the API i have is v6.2, i think
so i guess the v7 API is different and does not implement SendFile() that way any more... if some one can provide me with v7 API i will be gratefull

Hm just tested Patchou's share Plus! command and it doesn't send the file as it use to so his way has broken too. so if he finds anything i hope he lets me know ^o)

the easyest way to remove it from the taskbar and alt+tab is to make the window a WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, but it will change the caption to a square one...
if i find anything else like RegisterServicesProcess() but..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-03-2005 at 09:22 PM

code:
//Initiates send file invite.
  function SendFile(vContact: Variant; bstrFileName: BSTR): IDispatch; stdcall;
Lifted directly from the Messenger Type Library (using PE Explorer).
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-03-2005 at 09:28 PM

quote:
yes (CyBeRDuDe)
the Off option is not done yet as i am still testing auto-hide feature.
also there is an option to force autohide if the window is not skinned, you should enable that one.

i am going to get into the off and individual timer for the menu, in some days, cause im studing for exams now...

about SetFocus() there are two cases i am considering...
on mouse over the window it does not get a focus, so you can still work on the previous window, until mesenger closes automatically
so i cannot know when the window loses focus to close window immediatelly as requested before

on mouse over the window it does get a focus, i probably can do the above, but when the window is hidden with the timer, the i don't know to which window to set the focus to, as when the window will close(slide back) it will still carry the focus...

which one do you prefer!!!
Ok.. I've also got exams soon.. So I don't have any time either.. :(
About the focus:
Well.. I don't know the codes for c++ but these are taking from VB, I use this in my Shortcut Plugin, when sending text to a contact
code:
Public Declare Function GetForegroundWindow Lib "USER32" () As Long
Public Declare Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "USER32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
Then before lauching the new window (or in your situation before doing the "autohide" function, just get the Hwnd from the foregroundwindow (=The active window)
code:
OldHwnd = GetForegroundWindow
and then do the task, autohide and after that set the old ForegroundWindow to the new active window again...
code:
Call SetForegroundWindow(OldHwnd)
This should do the trick.. Just rewrite it to c++... :D...
I hope this contributed with anything?...
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-03-2005 at 09:33 PM

hmm so IDispatch; stdcall; is a return value and not an argument ??? that is what you mean?

well i upload the latest progress that you will see for about a week
hide menu has its own timer now
and off is fixed now i think...

thanks (Cyberdude). i will give it a shot later.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-03-2005 at 09:34 PM

code:
HWND hwnd = GetForegroundWindow();
/*...*/
SetForegroundWindow(hwnd);
may work ;)

Edit: Hmm... timing's off.
And yes, I mean the IDispatch is now the return value ;)
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-03-2005 at 09:38 PM

i have already tryed that raceprouk, i am going to try Get/SetFocus
beacuse i didnt get the results i expected, at least as i read Get/SetFocus send a notification WM_SETFOCUS/WM_KILLFOCUS which i will need afterall to know when focus was lost.

raceprouk can you send me a copy of the new IDL and explay how to use it ? plz
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-04-2005 at 08:14 AM

Not sure how I can get an IDL from the Messenger exe, though I can get a TLB.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-05-2005 at 10:36 AM

well can you extract it, send it andexplain how to use it... pm me with the details

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by RaceProUK on 05-05-2005 at 10:53 AM

Here's the TLB.
Sorry, but I have no idea how to use it :(

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-05-2005 at 11:04 AM

thanks a lot i couldn't find it due to wrong guids en stuff...
(can you expalin how to extract it anyways..)

edit... compiles ok... lets see if it works

and you are set thanks a lot... but it will be compatible only with v7.0, no worries though in my case

i see there are a lot of coders around here, how's that nobody every begun such a project.... or take it on from where docker left)

Actually i was expecting for docker to be completed, but since i tryed to download it recently, and the link was broken and there was no update(progress) since 2001 i think..., i thought to begin a new project

/*
would love to see tabbed convos someday in this plugin as well :) if some one else does not beat me too it, before i finish these features...
*/
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-06-2005 at 05:53 PM

Out of interest, where could I actually download the most recent version? I've downloaded one from the previous pages but that's apprantly out of date..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 01:02 AM

07/05/05

please report any bugs ...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Grue on 05-07-2005 at 01:39 AM

quote:
07/05/05

please report any bugs ...

There is a bug in this new version
whenever i move my mouse to the edge to display it, messenger automatically close without any error.
My MSN Messenger version is 7.0.0813
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by dylan! on 05-07-2005 at 01:45 AM

i love:D...just tried it and cant find any bugs:S:P

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 08:34 AM

grue that is peculiar ... is version 813 official or it is BETA
because i cannot find it to test it ... so maybe it is a buggy version...
please do me a favour and downgrade to 777 to see if it works or it is something you your configuration

i am very frustrated clipping my desktop over and over again trying to do implement docking, all my icons are displaced :'( and i need to configure then all over again..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by CookieRevised on 05-07-2005 at 09:46 AM

7.0.0813 is an official non-beta release (the latest) => http://messenger.msn.com/

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 09:54 AM

thanks CookieRevised, i just downloaded it a day before and it was the same version...

k just updated to ... 813 and it works just fine for me... :)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-07-2005 at 11:22 AM

I can confirm the bug with MSN Messenger 7.0.0813. When I move the cursor to the edge of the screen Messenger crashes without any error message :-S

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 11:25 AM

at what side ? are you talking about...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-07-2005 at 11:27 AM

I have my contact list at the right side of the screen and when it's hided and I move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen to show the contact list again, Messenger will crash

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 11:32 AM

and what are your settings.?? help me reproduce it

check this one i have added a bit of the docker check that out as well

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-07-2005 at 11:36 AM

This version has the same problem :-(. I'v attached my ini file. Hope this helps!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 11:45 AM

ohh let see now i have commented a piece of code that delays the popup, i think that is the problem...
you are using win XP right... are you sure msn exits completely ?

08/05/05
set cursor to hand on collupsed window
minimize button collupses window in autohide mode
fixed how to get skinned state in polygami, read registry only once
begun docking implementation
fixed displacement of desktop icons...
general fixes for docking

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-07-2005 at 11:52 AM

Yes, I'm using Windows XP Professional and MSN Messenger is exiting completely. I've just checked it: there is only one instance of msnmsgr.exe in the taskmanager (after restarting MSN again ;-)).

The new version of your plugin seems to work again :-) (Y). Also the timer for autohiding the menu works now correctly (until now it hided the menu immediately after losing focus)!

Thank you very much for your quick help!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-07-2005 at 11:55 AM

about the transparency issue...
because i remove the menu before plus! had a chance to load it's menu, it cannot use transparency....

there is nothing wrong in my part on this issue.. i just need to tell patch how to retrieve the menu handle from my storage... (once he comes from vacations)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-08-2005 at 11:01 AM

It's me again :-$. Today I found a small issue with the new version from yesterday. I use the autohide option to hide the menu after 5 seconds. After booting my PC tomorrow, the menu was not showing at all. Clicking the small arrow to show the menu did also not work nor undocking the contact list. Even disabling the autohide option for the menu gave no result. Only restarting MSN Messenger solved the problem. After an other restart, I had the same "problem". Once I restart the Messenger everything works fine again :-).

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-08-2005 at 11:16 AM

you know i have updated that post, did you redownload it it is the post i say the 08/05/05 changes...

i cant really understand the problem so if it still happens i wil look into it..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-08-2005 at 11:28 AM

Sorry, I didn't see that you updated the file :-$. I just downloaded it and tried the new version. Nevertheless the problem exists: I can not access the menu in any way :-(. With this version it is even worse: restarting Messenger will not solve the problem.

I have to disable autohiding the menu, shutdown Messenger, restart it and then the menu appears. Now I can again configure your plugin to autohide the menu; this will work as long as I don't exit Messenger. When I restart now again MSN, the menu disappears :-S.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-08-2005 at 01:59 PM

Okey, finally got it working, as much as I like it and would find it useful, its missing one thing Auto-Hide for me is, motion when unhiding and hiding. Until then I really can't use it, oh and I find its a bit annoying when trying to make it unhide, you need to have the mouse to the right of the screen where its hiden, but then push the mouse further right to actually make it appear.

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-10-2005 at 06:18 PM

okz i am going to update the 1st post now on and have the attachment there instead of allover the place....

okz v1 is almost ready but will not be out untill the end of my exams
for todo check first post...

@ Andre
ok i hope you like the animation now...:P
and removed the delay in expanding (poping) the contact list as it crates so many problems...;)

@ GroteSmurf
fixed the menu problem, it was a typo in the code :o ()actually fixed a small polygamy issue)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-10-2005 at 08:08 PM

The animation is cool :-). I'll test the plugin in the next days and if I find some problems, I'll report them ;-).

Good luck with your exams!

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Quadraphone on 05-11-2005 at 06:17 AM

Hi Taz!

This is my first post, so be gentle ;)
I'd love to test your auto-hide plugin, it's the very thing I've been looking for!

Where can I download the latest version?
Thanx!
(Good luck on your exams)

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-11-2005 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Quadraphone
Hi Taz!

This is my first post, so be gentle ;)
I'd love to test your auto-hide plugin, it's the very thing I've been looking for!

Where can I download the latest version?
Thanx!
(Good luck on your exams)
Welcome to the forums... :D...
Not to be rude.. But why don't you try checking the first post?... It is attached there... Go grab it if you want.. :P...
Hehe...
hope you like your stay here.. :D..
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-11-2005 at 12:47 PM

the latest version can always be found on the first post of this thread, as well as the
changes - history and
todo-list.

at the end on the 1st post you will see an attachenment rar file tht you need to unrar to you Plus!\plugins folder...

also check the 2nd post for a txt file for the main features of the plugin.

Also if any one has any features that wants to be added please post and if i agree maybe i will incorporate

ps. i am very glad that new plp want to test my plugin :)

[edit]
(CyBeRDuDe) hows tabbed msn project doing ?
Also can someone get the attention of Patchou cause i really want to fix the Plus  loading problem if the contactlist starts as skinned... and transparency features etc are disabled until Plus! has been fully attached...
I sernt him a pm but i got no answer yet...
waitin...
[/edit]

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by (CyBeRDuDe) on 05-11-2005 at 02:12 PM

quote:
[edit]
(CyBeRDuDe) hows tabbed msn project doing ?
[/edit]
Well... Not really going at the moment... Very busy with school.. and the litle sparetime I have i'm usign that on the Autoresponder-bot since I feel there is much more request for that... :S..

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-11-2005 at 03:22 PM

Hmm.. with the latest version it doesn't seem to show up. I paste the dll in the plugins directory like before but when I restart MSN it doesn't show up under the plugins for Messenger Plus! Any ideas?

I've redownloaded it to make sure it wasn't a problem with the download but no luck from that..

Same versions as before but i'll repost:

MSN Messenger 7.0.813
Messenger Plus! 3.52.130
StuffPlug-NG 2.2.199
Mess Patch for MSN Messenger 7.0.813 Version 2.

Other random plugins i've got:
Screenshot sender 3
Colour nick v2
File Transfer Plus
Handwriting Enabler
Matrix, Monty Python and Worms sounds
Systat

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by GroteSmurf on 05-11-2005 at 03:52 PM

I believe Patchou is on holidays *-), so you probably have to wait till he's back before you can contact him ...

RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by CookieRevised on 05-11-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GroteSmurf
I believe Patchou is on holidays *-), so you probably have to wait till he's back before you can contact him ...
Patchou hasn't much to do with this plugin, it is TazDevil's plugin ;) (and Patchou is already back from his adventures in Japan for a while now)
RE: RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by TazDevil on 05-11-2005 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Patchou hasn't much to do with this plugin, it is TazDevil's plugin ;) (and Patchou is already back from his adventures in Japan for a while now)

TRUE, TRUE, and ehhmm, TRUE :)
well the problem is that if the contact list's menu is removed then the Plus! transparency feature is not loaded until the frame is shown, which reveals that the plus! menu has just loaded and then the transparency gets loaded...

This maybe caused by the Plus attach method, which by the way has (3) [Default, Default Forced, Alternative] but none of them load the transparency correctly with my plugin loaded.

Edit. Also i would like to get a grip on some transparency api so as to make contactlist opaque on mouse over.
RE: Auto-hide feature for Plus! (on the makes) by Andre on 05-12-2005 at 08:07 PM

Woah dude, the plugin rocks now with the animation! :D

It turns out when i reinstalled Plus! It installed into a new directory rather than refilling the old one and I'd pasted the dll in the old folder rather than the new one.

It's working fine right now and I've only had one problem with it; at one point it decided to to expand when i was jamming the cursor into the right hand side, even clicking but it didnt come out. Probably just a one off because I can't replicate the problem nor has it happened again.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 05-13-2005 at 08:00 PM

added opaque feature when mouse is over the contact list and plus was set to have transparency...

of course the feature will only work when the msgplus transparency has been loaded (mayby you need to change the frame state on contaclist open so that the menu is loaded)

thanks everyone for the votes :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-14-2005 at 07:09 PM

And about the Tabbed conversations Taz, when do you think you are going to release that?

Also how do you install this plug-in? do i paste the unzipped file to MSN Messenger folder or to Messenger Plus! folder?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 05-14-2005 at 07:19 PM

To install this plugin, you have to paste the unzipped file into the plugins directory in the Messenger Plus! directory

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by henri on 05-15-2005 at 01:27 PM

me too i got a dll file then a ini file no setup

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 05-15-2005 at 01:34 PM

ok, the plug in is still in beta so i am not building an installation for every build :)
to intall the plugin you just copy the dll in the plugins directory where you installed Plus!

to get to the setup (configuration ) of the plugin there are various ways:
1. type /xwmconfig in a chat window
2. double right click the msn icon in the notification area near your clock
3. follow the menus Plus!\Preferences select Plugins then select Window Man... and press configure button

About the tabbed conversations i am still drafting the whole consept on paper just to see what i need...
i will gather all information i will require and then begin :)
people should know that creating a program requires
-an idea !
-document the idea in detail
-performing a feasibility study to see that what you want can be done :)
-preliminary work for designing the whole idea on paper most of the times
-gather resources, relevant information, backround knowledge
-ALLOCATE TIME (some people have real lifes)
-write code
-testing for bugs, etc...
-releasing the program

thanks for understanding :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 05-15-2005 at 01:49 PM

Any ideas when we'll be seeing Version 1.0? I like the idea of combining more of the stuff into this plugin because I really like it.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by henri on 05-15-2005 at 01:54 PM

i did it thas wat i have to do to my computer  local disk  program files  then ther are  men plus folders in   1 ther was 1 notpad file  in the 2th folder is whar all the dll plugin files wer
and restart  msn

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Quadraphone on 05-17-2005 at 02:08 AM

Thanx, Taz!

I read the first post...
Ahem :$

I'll RTFM, install it, and then ask questions ;)

Thanx!

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 05-19-2005 at 10:19 AM

hmmm, nobody has reported any bugs for a couple of weeks or so...

-so i beggining to think that my thread is dieing on me :fire:
-or i am doing really well :)

anyway i just want to let you know that i have found some interesting stuff in the forums about AccessibleObjectFromWindow, if i get it to work, maybe the plugin will get more stable

Also (too bad) patchou has yet to reply on my email, and i am beginning to ... :blah:

Anyways back to the BOOKS :(

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Zephyr on 05-19-2005 at 10:41 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself, Taz. Your plugin is one of the most useful ones i've used and you are doing really well. I've haven't experienced any bugs.

Keep up the great work on this plugin and i'm sure loads will benefit from it.[Image: msn_happy.gif]

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 05-19-2005 at 02:39 PM

Indeed, your plugin is the most usable one I've ever seen :-D. I use it every day and I didn't discover any new bugs. Sometimes the size of the contactlist window has been changed (it gets very small and I've to resize it manually), but I'm not sure this is caused by your plugin. Therefore I don't want to mention this as a bug and to be honoust: it doesn't bother me at all :-) ... even if it was a bug ;-).

Conclusion: don't be so hard on yourself and thank you very much for making this wonderfull plugin! 

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 05-19-2005 at 06:07 PM

quote:

Indeed, your plugin is the most usable one I've ever seen . I use it every day and I didn't discover any new bugs. Sometimes the size of the contactlist window has been changed (it gets very small and I've to resize it manually), but I'm not sure this is caused by your plugin. Therefore I don't want to mention this as a bug and to be honoust: it doesn't bother me at all ... even if it was a bug .

Conclusion: don't be so hard on yourself and thank you very much for making this wonderfull plugin! 

Yup, thats the only one I can fault you with. It seems to happen to me with I first logon to the computer and onto MSN and when I've switched users and then gone back onto my computer account.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Zephyr on 05-19-2005 at 06:11 PM

quote:
quote:

Indeed, your plugin is the most usable one I've ever seen . I use it every day and I didn't discover any new bugs. Sometimes the size of the contactlist window has been changed (it gets very small and I've to resize it manually), but I'm not sure this is caused by your plugin. Therefore I don't want to mention this as a bug and to be honoust: it doesn't bother me at all ... even if it was a bug .

Yup, thats the only one I can fault you with. It seems to happen to me with I first logon to the computer and onto MSN and when I've switched users and then gone back onto my computer account.

Happens to me as well.

Rather than resizing the window, you can just drag it untill it is docked again, returning it to its normal size.
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by bungleMX on 05-20-2005 at 06:10 PM

woow amazing, I don't have to install msnshell anymore just for this feature, very very tanks for this plugin!

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by John on 05-28-2005 at 11:23 AM

There's a bug in the latest version which is quite annoying. I've got my Windows Media Player as a bar in the start bar while it's minimized (like with the buttons) and whenever i open it to the full size my contact list appears and gets resized to half the size of what it was. :S

Please fix. :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 05-28-2005 at 11:27 AM

can you please send me some pics at ioannis.e [at] gmail [dot] com cause i dont really understand the problem here...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by John on 05-29-2005 at 08:38 AM

Hey, when you asked me to send you my config file the email got returned because it had an "illegal attatchment" 8-) So I'll just post it here. :P I hope you can find a fix to this bug, if it's a bug.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 05-29-2005 at 02:26 PM

well i tested it but unfortunatelly i cannot reproduce the problem...
- it is strange as there should be no communication between Windows Media Player 9 or 10 and my plugin

- so i'm guessing that the problem is caused mayby by another plugin you have... or your WiMP config...

- try again having 1 Plus plugin at a time the same procedure to see which plugin causes it, and ask from the forum people to try and reproduce it ...

[ i have tried the procedure having "Turn on "What i'm listening to" on and off and still couldn't reproduce ]

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by bungleMX on 05-30-2005 at 03:58 PM

I have almost the same problem, but It doesn't have nothing to do with wmedia, when my pc goes sleep and return awake again my msn contact list is half of the original size, it really don't annoying me, bot sometimes the list appears so fast that the only way to make it stay is moving the cursor over it asap, I thing I aleady fix it by playing and messing with dock funtion of plus and dock funtion of winman,...

I hope someone can understand my bad Enlish hehe

PSS by now winman is the very only plugin I have installed..

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 06-03-2005 at 02:44 PM

i think i found the problem about the width thing if you have Plus Dock option enabled....

go to http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php
go down to about 3/4 of the page and find this value

DockingKeepsWidth

create this value in the registry and set it to 1,
i think this will solve everything, try and let me know

or try disabling the dock mode in Plus and see if the problem still occurs...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Zephyr on 06-03-2005 at 03:39 PM

Adding the DWORD value does keep the width the same, thanks for that TazDevil.(Y)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-04-2005 at 01:46 PM

I had the weekend off to clear out my head... sort my thoughts and find a solution

i finished rewritting what was done upto now and also provided support for multiple monitors

so i would like some beta testign on multiple motitors or dock mode and autohide mode to make sure everything is in order

Also please check everything and anything to make sure that nothing was broken on the trasition

I am also leaving the 1rs post's attachment intact for the moment since the plugin has become stable, and i will be posting or hosting future betas somewhere else :)

thank you for your assistance

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 07-04-2005 at 06:52 PM

Thanks for the update man!

Just installed a moment ago and I'm loving the Options context menu there, could come in very handy when I can't be bothered to show the contact list but I still want to quickly change an option.

Will it be possible for other Plugin authors or you to add in options for other plugins to this menu? It's just that I access the StuffPlug options quite a lot and so it'd be useful to have them there.

But otherwise, good work, keep it up!

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-04-2005 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Thanks for the update man!

Just installed a moment ago and I'm loving the Options context menu there, could come in very handy when I can't be bothered to show the contact list but I still want to quickly change an option.

Will it be possible for other Plugin authors or you to add in options for other plugins to this menu? It's just that I access the StuffPlug options quite a lot and so it'd be useful to have them there.

But otherwise, good work, keep it up!

Well sure i can put access to the StuffPlug options if you can get permission from the author !!!

Unfortunately upto now i can only show Plus! preferences when the Contact List is open, i hope Patchou can give me a pointer to overcome this...

The complete list of changes would be...
-changes in my preferences dialog
-customised actions on left and middle clicks on the notification area
-the Options menu on the notification area context menu
-some basic implementation of a balloon tooltip, to accomodate for online contacts...

-more stable on plugin reload/unload/preferences change
-remove alt+tab icon when contact list in skin mode

-added version check ton load only on msn messenger 7
-fixed maximise, restore on dock mode

tata ;)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-05-2005 at 05:47 AM

This update is very nice! I like the options menu in the system tray (Y). For me this version works at the moment just as good as the previous one, so keep your fingers crossed that there are no bugs ;-).

A balloon tooltip which shows your online contacts would indeed be a very cool idea!

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-05-2005 at 01:27 PM

Dont remember if i mentioned this before but as you have seen i have set a different minimum and maximum dimentions for the Contact list
i dont provide gui to adjust these values so you need to edit the ini in order to adlust them

This is for all of you that have tiny displays and dont have may space available

code:
[Contact List]
minwidth=205
minheight=300

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-07-2005 at 05:39 PM

Please check out the balloon tip feature... its not finished yet BUT

I want comments, bugs, suggestions

i dont have many contacts online so i cannot check
the balloon only appears when you are online...

use /xonline, use the hotkey, or set the tray actions to show the balloon

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-08-2005 at 02:14 PM

I am really exited and i am talking about NEWS
http://www.msgplus.net/news.php

Patchou has finally decided to embark on a journey to implemet tabbed conversations in the core of Plus! so i will be dropping the feature from the plugin, thank god i didn't begin the project

This will save me some time and let me concentrate on making the contact list and notification area more ergonomical, with the features already included in the plugin, now a big load of work has cleared off my head and the burden off my soulders :)

Thanks Patchou... (hope for a quick release !!!!!)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 07-08-2005 at 06:53 PM

Can't seem to get the balloon to show, would I be right in saying that to get it up, all I should have to do is hover over the MSN icon?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-08-2005 at 07:02 PM

ok first you need to got to the preferences and set the balloon display time to 10000 which is good for the ballon, i initially set that to 0 so...

also you may need to set the mouse button activities of middle button (i think i forgot to set it for the left, ill fix it tomorrow), to display the balloon

or you can use the /xonline command to show the balloon

make sure that you are signin in messenger and you have online contacts
:)

TELL ME IF IT WORKS

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Ezra on 07-08-2005 at 08:03 PM

The Balloon works very well :), don't really see the use in it, but nice to see that it works :)

Btw, that minwidth was a livesaver :)

But somehow the transparancy feature still doesn't work well :S, I have to click ALT everytime I start msn to enable it.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 07-08-2005 at 08:38 PM

Thanks man, the command /xonline worked now, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and neither does the mouse thing but the middle mouse button problem is to do with the Logitech driver though.

Is there a way of just having it so a specific set of contacts are shown instead of having the whole (well a condensed list) contact list in the balloon popup?

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-09-2005 at 01:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
The Balloon works very well :), don't really see the use in it, but nice to see that it works :)

Yea i know for many is useless but is something i wanted to do ,happy that it works, though
quote:
Btw, that minwidth was a livesaver :)

i know, i actually changed the min width so that the [min, max,close buttons] are always visible but since ppl with small displays requested it i have implemented an optional feature...
quote:
But somehow the transparancy feature still doesn't work well :S, I have to click ALT everytime I start msn to enable it.

It is still a big ISSUE for me as well as i dont know when the d**n thing gets loaded, so i can not do anything abou it yet...

quote:
Thanks man, the command /xonline worked now, but the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and neither does the mouse thing but the middle mouse button problem is to do with the Logitech driver though.

Is there a way of just having it so a specific set of contacts are shown instead of having the whole (well a condensed list) contact list in the balloon popup?

i thought of something like that for having about the top 10 contacts and only display online for those contacts, (but it would be unfair for the rest of the online contacts so for the start i desided to show them all)

i dont know about the development of this feature as i am waiting for user responce, if it is not needed i may drop it all together :)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-09-2005 at 11:07 AM

when I type /xonline the balloon shows, but it doesn't show the name of my online contacts. It says only ".NET Messenger Service" :-S

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by vlio on 07-09-2005 at 02:03 PM

great plugin !

for me the balloon works with /xonline but it doesn't with the mouse and the keyboard
also, if I choose to display custom names it only put ".NET Messenger Service" for each contact. It does work for adresses and friendly names though...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-10-2005 at 05:17 PM

- i have fixed the keyboard hotkey to be adjusted on change of properties
- also fixed the left click action, middle click action for poping the dialog should already work though

- for the moment i cannot get the custom name for a contact so i am showning his service until Patcou provides me with info to get that information about the contact

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-11-2005 at 02:54 AM

Excellent, I'll try this out tomorrow.

Please don't decide to stop developing this plugin - a lot of other people and myself are really looking forward to a plugin that does this. There used to be one that worked, but there were a whole lot of bugs and the author just vanished from this community :(.

Thanks for taking the time to develop a plugin that I actually find useful.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-11-2005 at 05:20 AM

I just wanted to tell everyone that although the plugin is in BETA the feature you all need (auto-hide and docking has been finished a long time ago

so dont hesutate to download and miss all the great features

Known issues
1. Transparency in contact list is not loaded until the menu is shown for the first time
2. Plus! preference in the tray menu only show when contact list is opened
3. Balloon Tip custom names cannot be retreived yet

Unfinished features
1. Balloon tip
2. some featurs for the conversation windows

All the other features are finished (exept for any random bugs that users MAY have)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-11-2005 at 07:38 PM

First and most importantly:
Include how to install it in the readme file. I know most people don't read it, but at least you have something to direct them to when they ask you how to install it. It should make them feel stupid for not reading the text clearly named "README".txt.

Secondly, from a users perspective, I'm lost. Utterly lost. Just how do you use this program? The first thing I encountered was a key hooking error. That's not something a user wants to see. Especially when it's the first thing a user sees...

That's the only bug I could find, as I couldn't discover what key was being hooked and why it was already in use etc. Please try to make this plugin more user-friendly.

Anyway, great work. Once you'd explained to me how to fix my problem and in detail how to use this plugin, I'll start hunting for bugs.

Keep up the good work and please don't give up. I hardly ever reply to plugin posts on here. I really want to help yours along as it's something others and myself will find useful when it is completed.

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-11-2005 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
First and most importantly:
Include how to install it in the readme file. I know most people don't read it, but at least you have something to direct them to when they ask you how to install it. It should make them feel stupid for not reading the text clearly named "README".txt.

Secondly, from a users perspective, I'm lost. Utterly lost. Just how do you use this program? The first thing I encountered was a key hooking error. That's not something a user wants to see. Especially when it's the first thing a user sees...

That's the only bug I could find, as I couldn't discover what key was being hooked and why it was already in use etc. Please try to make this plugin more user-friendly.

Anyway, great work. Once you'd explained to me how to fix my problem and in detail how to use this plugin, I'll start hunting for bugs.

Keep up the good work and please don't give up. I hardly ever reply to plugin posts on here. I really want to help yours along as it's something others and myself will find useful when it is completed.

The error you get is because you are using 2+ accounts on the same computer (polygamy) and windows tryes to register a glabal hotkey in order to display the balloon popup. These hotkeys are unique per window session so when you try to register for the second account, windows returns an error (i can suppress that error and make a note in the preferences if you like...

hope the readme explains some things

An installer will be made once the balloon feature is completed

thanks for posting :)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Zephyr on 07-11-2005 at 11:36 PM

I'd just like to say thankyou to TazDevil for all the work he has put in making this plugin. It is probably one of my favourite plugins if not my favourite and is definitely my most useful one.

Hope there are more plugins to come from you and some more great ideas. :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-11-2005 at 11:46 PM

That may be true, however the thing is, I wasn't using a second session of MSN Messenger at the time of running your plugin :\.

In any case, will Multi-session support be incorporated?

Edit: It seems the reason the plugin didn't work was because I didn't have "Force auto-hide even if not skinned" enabled. I didn't enable this initially, because I didn't know what it meant and still don't.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-12-2005 at 09:38 AM

there already is polygamy support, the point is that the settings are global for all accounts, since the plugin has to do with MSN as an application and not as a service...

the only problem is with the hotkey so i think i should register thehotkey once the user is signed in and not at the start of the application in order to check which user it is and get the appropriate key from the ini, so that this error can be resolved

Since the balloon will only be used when user is online, after all.

You probably got this error because you have the windows messenger installed on your pc alongside with your MSN so the hotkey registered to the one started first and the second gave the error... try removing Windows Messenger and tell me if you get the error any more...

Also i want to stress that the auto-hide feature ONLY works when the contact list is skinned if it is not skinned it does not work unless you check the Force Auto-Hide option...

So if you uncheck the option and skin the window by your self it will still work :)

"Force auto-hide even if not skinned"
This option actually means that the plugin will automatically press the "show/Hide frame" button for you (on the top left) that will enable the plugin to continue with auto-hide...

I 'll see if i can make some adjustments in the afternoon and post later on...

If you have any more q's just ask...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Mithrandir on 07-12-2005 at 11:53 AM

This plugin sounds interesting but it doesn't work for me. I got an error message at first load (see attachment and translation below), then I didn't see it again because Plus! disabled it in the registry.

The error message says something like "The entry point GetLayeredWindowAttributes is missing in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

It's because I'm running Windows 2000 SP4, and GetLayeredWindowAttributes is only available in Windows XP, as you can read in MSDN and see in Dependency Walker (see attachment again)

So... could you make it work with Windows 2000, without using GetLayeredWindowAttributes please? I would really like to use this plugin :)

thanks ;)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-12-2005 at 02:02 PM

Windows Messenger doesn't start at all on my PC. When I want to run it, I need to start it manually. I'm not sure why the error occurs as I only run one session of MSN Messenger and don't run Windows Messenger at the same time.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-12-2005 at 02:04 PM

post a picture for me plz...
1 of the error
and 1 of the processes pane in your task manager

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-13-2005 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
This plugin sounds interesting but it doesn't work for me. I got an error message at first load (see attachment and translation below), then I didn't see it again because Plus! disabled it in the registry.

The error message says something like "The entry point GetLayeredWindowAttributes is missing in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

It's because I'm running Windows 2000 SP4, and GetLayeredWindowAttributes is only available in Windows XP, as you can read in MSDN and see in Dependency Walker (see attachment again)

So... could you make it work with Windows 2000, without using GetLayeredWindowAttributes please? I would really like to use this plugin :)

thanks ;)

initially this plugin was directed for Windows XP but after testing MSN 7 an a Windows 98 machine i realised that the Show/Hide frame actually works on it too, BUT requires IE6 and not an XP machine (as i initially thought),

So i will only check if it is XP for the Transparency option
Now the transparency api is linked dynamically so it wont give an error on machines other XP

Mithrandir please try now and let me know

I am currently6 working on  EvilSeph and i will be loading the hotkey support only when user is connected and unload it when disconnected
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Mithrandir on 07-13-2005 at 01:07 PM

Good work, it loads now !:o)

It works quite good, although I also have the key hooking error. I only have 1 Messenger loaded, and I don't have Windows Messenger. I think the reason of this bug is simple: when there is no hotkey set at all in the Preferences, your plugin can't hook the key and returns an error... (see screenshot)

I also noticed a strange thing with the combo-boxes : the popup has a height of 2 pixels :s (see screenshot). And although the "Animate contact list on expand | collapse" is checked in the Preferences, I can't see any animation ? ^o)

I tried the balloon tip (with shortcut, middle-click, left-click and /xonline) but it doesn't work here (nothing happens). Perhaps another compatibility problem with Windows 2000 ? it should support balloon tips but with less features than XP *-)

Everything else seems to work fine (Y)

Oh and by the way, could you remove the MessageBoxes that appear when signing in, opening/closing a conversation window, etc... , it's quite annoying for end-users :)

thank you for making this great plugin, and keep up the good work (Y)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-13-2005 at 02:20 PM

i think i have fixed the hotkey thing

now the hotkey only works when you are online, and you have online contacts

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-13-2005 at 02:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mithrandir
Good work, it loads now !:o)

It works quite good, although I also have the key hooking error. I only have 1 Messenger loaded, and I don't have Windows Messenger. I think the reason of this bug is simple: when there is no hotkey set at all in the Preferences, your plugin can't hook the key and returns an error... (see screenshot)

I also noticed a strange thing with the combo-boxes : the popup has a height of 2 pixels :s (see screenshot). And although the "Animate contact list on expand | collapse" is checked in the Preferences, I can't see any animation ? ^o)

I tried the balloon tip (with shortcut, middle-click, left-click and /xonline) but it doesn't work here (nothing happens). Perhaps another compatibility problem with Windows 2000 ? it should support balloon tips but with less features than XP *-)

Everything else seems to work fine (Y)

Oh and by the way, could you remove the MessageBoxes that appear when signing in, opening/closing a conversation window, etc... , it's quite annoying for end-users :)

thank you for making this great plugin, and keep up the good work (Y)

sorry about the annoying messageboxes i was trying to get the events from msn api....
anyway they are removed now

about the 2px combo box, dont know what is wrong any suggestions???

also the ballon tip should work on win2000 as well

actually never had a 2000 system so i cannot test it on my own
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-13-2005 at 03:08 PM

Still need that screenshot, TazDevil?

I've found a bug, not sure if it's been reported before, but it hasn't been fixed so I assume it hasn't :). When using Messenger Plus!'s boss protection and then coming back from it, the contact list window is resized EVERY TIME. This is really annoying as the menu becomes squashed up and the buttons are half-cut off (MSN Today, etc.).

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-13-2005 at 03:11 PM

yea i would need one of your processes tab from the task manager
plz (expand it to show all processes

i will look into the boss protection thing right now

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by jameslives on 07-13-2005 at 04:53 PM

erm i had a problem with this :S

it made my alerts/popups half the size they should be :@

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 07-13-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Still need that screenshot, TazDevil?

I've found a bug, not sure if it's been reported before, but it hasn't been fixed so I assume it hasn't :). When using Messenger Plus!'s boss protection and then coming back from it, the contact list window is resized EVERY TIME. This is really annoying as the menu becomes squashed up and the buttons are half-cut off (MSN Today, etc.).

This also happens when you switch user and then log back in on Windows XP I believe.
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-14-2005 at 02:30 PM

Regarding Boss Mode can someone confirm that :

When NOT signed in when you press the hotkey combination for boss protection, the contact list just minimizes ??? to the taskbar

while when you are signed in it hides the window to the tray ???

I think this is a Plus! bug, sooo....
Please try and tell me

(This is because i cannot get a notificatrion message when mesenger is not connected )

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-14-2005 at 04:07 PM

Confirmed. Though I can't tell if it minimises or not, as your plugin hides that, but I believe it does.

Your requested screenshot is attached.

Edit: I just tried signing in and it signed in successfully, but froze/I couldn't interact with the contact list then I noticed it was no longer snapping onto the sides of the screen so I checked the plugins section in preferences and your plugin..is non-existant..according to it. It's not listed however it still is on my system. Looks like Messenger Plus!'s plugin protection kicked in and disabled your plugin in registry. I also noticed that for some reason StuffPlug-NG was unticked and had "Not Loaded:" next to it.

Odd. Really odd.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-14-2005 at 04:28 PM

thanks for the pic, i hope you dont get the error now

also thatnks for the confirmation I posted it as a bug in Bug report area

i made a fix for boss mode once msn has been signin once it should work fine...

test now and tell me which bugs still occure.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-14-2005 at 07:18 PM

Uhh, where do I download the latest version?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Mithrandir on 07-14-2005 at 07:38 PM

quote:

about the 2px combo box, dont know what is wrong any suggestions???
I tried to create a combo box like yours in Visual C++ and I found that you have to give it a bigger height to see a normal drop-down list. To do this once the combo is created you have to click on the little arrow and expand the control vertically. Hmm it's a bit hard to explain so I made a screenshot (again :p)

quote:

also the ballon tip should work on win2000 as well
actually never had a 2000 system so i cannot test it on my own

I can test it for you if you wish (send me a PM)

I noticed a small bug in the Preferences : when you check the "Auto-Hide immediatelly if Contact List loses focus" box, click ok and come back to the Preferences, it's unchecked again (and the feature stays disabled). And if you check the "Do not Auto-Hide if Contact List has focus" box, click ok and come back, both checkboxes are checked! (and both feature are enabled :s). So perhaps a copy/paste mistake here? ;)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-15-2005 at 08:48 AM

preferences glitch fixed

you can always download from http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43...d=490114#pid490114
the latest version

@Mithrandir
i think, the combo box thing has been fixed but i pm'ed you..

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-15-2005 at 03:59 PM

Due to signal lost of my wireless network, MSN sometimes disconnects. In a few cases I get a strange error message (see attachment) when MSN tries to reconnect. I have MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 and Messenger Plus! 3.54.132.

Sometimes the plugin actually is deactivated (I reactivated it in the registry), sometimes not :-S. Occasionally it even occurs that MSN Messenger crashes :-(. Any idea what's wrong?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by EvilSeph on 07-15-2005 at 04:11 PM

Kind of testing it today. Not really looking for bugs right now though, I did discover that the contact list resizes when docked to the side of the screen and signing in, anyone can confirm?

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-15-2005 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Kind of testing it today. Not really looking for bugs right now though, I did discover that the contact list resizes when docked to the side of the screen and signing in, anyone can confirm?

read this.. this is a Plus issue
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43...d=473463#pid473463

quote:
Due to signal lost of my wireless network, MSN sometimes disconnects. In a few cases I get a strange error message (see attachment) when MSN tries to reconnect. I have MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 and Messenger Plus! 3.54.132.

Sometimes the plugin actually is deactivated (I reactivated it in the registry), sometimes not . Occasionally it even occurs that MSN Messenger crashes . Any idea what's wrong?

this is a check i put so that the plugin only load for MSN Messenger 7+
so if you are using Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger on the same pc then you will encounter problems...

I guess you have Windows Messenger and use it ?
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-15-2005 at 05:09 PM

I'm using Windows XP and therefore Windows Messenger is present on my system, but I'm not using it ... at least as far as I know ;-). It would nevertheless explain, why at the same time the message appears, that I'm signed out at the .NET service because I'm signed in at another location ...

I'll disable Windows Messenger if this solves the problem :-). Thanks for the hint!

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by CookieRevised on 07-15-2005 at 06:47 PM

quote:
I'm using Windows XP and therefore Windows Messenger is present on my system, but I'm not using it ... at least as far as I know ;-). It would nevertheless explain, why at the same time the message appears, that I'm signed out at the .NET service because I'm signed in at another location ...

I'll disable Windows Messenger if this solves the problem :-). Thanks for the hint!

to disable windows messenger in the proper way see: "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger". Don't use any other methods (you'll find on the net)...

Other than that, if it just started to happen when using this plugin then it is a serious fault of the plugin and not some dodgy Windows Messenger/windows problem... (and from what I've quickly read from one of ES posts is that he got similar issues with WM when using this plugin which shouldn't be happening.)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Jesus on 07-16-2005 at 10:49 AM

I like this plug.
Is there a chance that it will support plus! windows like the event log window in the future?

RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-16-2005 at 12:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I like this plug.
Is there a chance that it will support plus! windows like the event log window in the future?

Can you expand, i dont understand what you mean,
what you want it to do so i can see if it is possible...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
to disable windows messenger in the proper way see: "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger". Don't use any other methods (you'll find on the net)...

Other than that, if it just started to happen when using this plugin then it is a serious fault of the plugin and not some dodgy Windows Messenger/windows problem... (and from what I've quickly read from one of ES posts is that he got similar issues with WM when using this plugin which shouldn't be happening.)

Well i didnt say that it was a Windows Messenger problem
i said that the plugin only works for MSN Messenger 7+

so WM instances should not load it...
But if you want i can make the plugin load and be visible in the plugins section and but will only initialise if the process is found to be msn messenger 7

no popups, no messages

do you prefer that ???
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-16-2005 at 12:21 PM

I'd prefer it that way. Messenger Plus! disables know the plugin, so you can't use it in MSN Messenger anymore :-( and I think this is definitely not what you want, right? :-) Nevertheless I wonder, why MSN Messenger crashes sometimes when this message appeares *-).

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-16-2005 at 12:38 PM

quote:
I'd prefer it that way. Messenger Plus! disables know the plugin, so you can't use it in MSN Messenger anymore :-( and I think this is definitely not what you want, right? :-) Nevertheless I wonder, why MSN Messenger crashes sometimes when this message appeares *-).

now i put a silent load...
ok test now ena tell me if you have any problem (crashes or anything)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-16-2005 at 01:13 PM

I'll let you know, when the error occures again. It happens only when MSN Messenger tries to reconnect after it lost the connection. Thanks for the quick response! This plugin is the best I've ever seen (H).

RE: RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Jesus on 07-16-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
I like this plug.

Can you expand, i dont understand what you mean,
what you want it to do so i can see if it is possible...

Well, the event log window does not autohide and sometimes it stays on top, even when another app has focus. so I was wondering if you could make the event log window hide in the same way the contact list does.
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-16-2005 at 04:17 PM

The new version works fine! The error box which warned you that you need MSN Messenger 7.0.077 or later to use the plugin does not anymore appear after the network connection was lost (Y).

It would be a nice feature if one could also auto hide the Event Log window :-). Although I like it also to have only the Event Log window open and the Contact list hidden by the plugin ...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-16-2005 at 04:49 PM

quote:
The new version works fine! The error box which warned you that you need MSN Messenger 7.0.077 or later to use the plugin does not anymore appear after the network connection was lost (Y).

It would be a nice feature if one could also auto hide the Event Log window :-). Although I like it also to have only the Event Log window open and the Contact list hidden by the plugin ...
about the error message it will only appear if you try to access the preferenses from Plus! preferences when you are running in Windows Messenger...

Event Log
well the Event Log closes as soon as i close the contact list...
so maybe you should ask Patchou to fix that... so that it is visible from sign-in to sign-out

i suppose i could make the Event log autohide
but both windows will have to be open, in order to work, due to the above limitation...

Although i would prefer if you asked Patchou to do this, i would be happy to help him if he wants assistance...
RE: RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-16-2005 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Event Log
well the Event Log closes as soon as i close the contact list...
so maybe you should ask Patchou to fix that... so that it is visible from sign-in to sign-out

i suppose i could make the Event log autohide
but both windows will have to be open, in order to work, due to the above limitation...

Although i would prefer if you asked Patchou to do this, i would be happy to help him if he wants assistance...

I don't understand what you mean with "the Event Log closes as soon as I close the contact list" :-$. When I select the option to show the Event Log window, it stays visible even when your plugin hides the contact list. It will only be closed when I close the contact list to the system tray or when I close the Event Log window by my self (duh ;-)).

hmmm, while writing this, I'm pretty sure you meant something else :-D ...
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-16-2005 at 05:20 PM

quote:
I don't understand what you mean with "the Event Log closes as soon as I close the contact list" :-$. When I select the option to show the Event Log window, it stays visible even when your plugin hides the contact list. It will only be closed when I close the contact list to the system tray or when I close the Event Log window by my self (duh ;-)).

hmmm, while writing this, I'm pretty sure you meant something else :-D ...
yeea that is what i meant so you must have both windows open (even thought contact list might be auto-hidden)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-16-2005 at 05:28 PM

aaahhh, I see and as it currently is, you can not autohide the event log window, right? :-) Would be nice if Patchou could fix it. For me it's not that important, but as I said before it would be a nice feature of the plugin and this would make it really complete: you could then hide everything at once. Nevertheless also without this feature it stays my favourite plugin (actually it's the only one I use :-$) and autohiding the contact list was something I was looking for since long. So in my opinion you did a great job :bow:.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-21-2005 at 11:24 PM

I am glad to announce that the plugin is fully compatible with MSN Messenger 7.5 latest BETA

-i have also added a no flashing option for the taskbar buttons
-made some changes to the balloon tip that should work for 2000/XP machines, althought the preferences tab is half completed

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Zephyr on 07-21-2005 at 11:29 PM

quote:
I am glad to announce that the plugin is fully compatible with MSN Messenger 7.5 latest BETA

-i have also added a no flashing option for the taskbar buttons
-made some changes to the balloon tip that should work for 2000/XP machines, althought the preferences tab is half completed

Thanks TazDevil. It's working fine for me with the new BETA. Glad to hear it and that you don't need to update anything. Keep up the great work (Y).
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by ravek on 07-22-2005 at 04:05 AM

i found a error, i have active popopen2 this program make a animation when your open a windows....
i have load winman 0.12b and when open the contact list windows the animation of the open windows is show in the left side of the desktop...and then hide and show the animation in the right side (correct position before i close the contact list) i load the winman 0.7b and this version don't create that error...
i have de contact list windows in the right side of desktop....then colse the windows and open again...and the animation is show in the right side....and the windows is show in right side (correct side)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-22-2005 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ravek
i found a error, i have active popopen2 this program make a animation when your open a windows....
i have load winman 0.12b and when open the contact list windows the animation of the open windows is show in the left side of the desktop...and then hide and show the animation in the right side (correct position before i close the contact list) i load the winman 0.7b and this version don't create that error...
i have de contact list windows in the right side of desktop....then colse the windows and open again...and the animation is show in the right side....and the windows is show in right side (correct side)

i suppose you use the "Force right" option ?
i cannot reproduce witout the program, send me a link of active poper2 to test it... does this happen without the active poper program enabled ?

is anyone else experiencing this problem.
Try using the "Auto" option and position your window in the right side...
also try with the latest v13b found in here
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by ravek on 07-22-2005 at 01:21 PM

i use auto in position and here is the program
http://wcarchive.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/win95/desktop/popopen2.zip

you have to install like tweak ui 1.33 click with the right button in the inf file and click in install....
then in the display properties in the advanced configuration...you see a new tab "animation" enable this option and look for the error....

i look in the ini file created in the 0.7b and this file have a [position]
left=651
right=1024
top=0
bottom=740

and the 12b version don't have...i put this lines in the 12b ini version but don't fix the error
i  think you delete that option "to save the position of the windows" in the lasts versions...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 07-22-2005 at 03:59 PM

I don't have this problem, but I'm not using active popopen2 :-)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by ravek on 07-22-2005 at 06:46 PM

the problem is only present in all programs.... have the same error
like zoomopen and windowfx
all programs with animated opens windows produce that error

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-24-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ravek
the problem is only present in all programs.... have the same error
like zoomopen and windowfx
all programs with animated opens windows produce that error
yes i did remove the position info from the ini because messenger by it's self saves and handles the initial positioning of the window...

as i understand from your post is that the problem occurs to all programs that have animation...
Therefore this must be an error of the popopener program it self (no good handling of animation efects...)

BUT if you say that in v0,7b you didnt have this problem because i was manually setting the possition if the window, then i will put it but to see if it works for you and does not cause any more problems for me.

ps. from the link you gave me i guess you are using 9x windows ? as xp already has build-in animation effects.
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by ravek on 07-25-2005 at 03:42 AM

i use xp....but if you use a debug program of you dll...you notes the program fist load in the standard posion (when your first install the msn) then read the data position in the registry and then load in the correct position.....
the error is present in all program that animate windows

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-25-2005 at 11:49 AM

i have made an update for ravek
i am still not saving the last position but i think the problem is solved...
waiting for your rep.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by ravek on 07-25-2005 at 01:29 PM

thank's men :D don't have troubles with animations and works more quickly

excuse me by all the annoyances :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 07-25-2005 at 03:25 PM

no problem,
there was no annoyance :p

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 07-25-2005 at 04:18 PM

Just thought of an idea I had yesterday while playing some CS: Source..

I tried doing the whole open the bubble while i was playing, to see who was online... but it only appears for a second and then disappears so you have to keep the buttons held down. Would it be possible to see the bubble through any fullscreen app and add something to see and reply to any convos you have open at the time?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-01-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Just thought of an idea I had yesterday while playing some CS: Source..

I tried doing the whole open the bubble while i was playing, to see who was online... but it only appears for a second and then disappears so you have to keep the buttons held down. Would it be possible to see the bubble through any fullscreen app and add something to see and reply to any convos you have open at the time?

Well i understand what you mean, but usually games with directx and staff draw all the time to the screen so there is no way to keep a window on top while the game is playing and is full screen...
so this is as much as i can do.

FOR the programmer out there
i would like to know if there is a safe way to get the Plus! Log window handle in order to apply auto-hide feature
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by netwhr on 08-02-2005 at 01:37 AM

This is wonderful plugin for the msn. BTW, msn_winman.dll should be unzipped to the directory of MSN Messenger, Messenger Plus or Messenger Plus/Plugins?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-02-2005 at 01:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by netwhr
This is wonderful plugin for the msn. BTW, msn_winman.dll should be unzipped to the directory of MSN Messenger or Messenger Plus?
you should unzip to Messenger Plus!\Plugins
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by netwhr on 08-03-2005 at 01:15 AM

but i found that it doesn't work in MSN 7.0.0816...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-03-2005 at 12:00 PM

ok, i am getting a feeling that more and more people are finding it difficult to get the plugin to work due to installation problems...

So i was wondering if someone that knows how to write a NSIS script could write me an installation script for this plugin, i could do it my self but it would take much time as i dont know the scripting language very well
i want to:
- a simple gui, nothing fancy or anything
- detect if Plus! is installed
- detect the plus plugin folder from HKLM or HKCU
- detect if MSN v7 is installed in the system
- detect if MSN is running and perform a plugin unload.
- install the plugin
- then reload the plugins in MSN
- ohh and a message at the end of the install that a user needs to enable the plugin from the plugins list in Plus! configuration, i fit is not automatically enabled

I think this would cover everything i need for my installer
i hope someone is interested to do this, plz

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by :No-Frost: on 08-03-2005 at 01:11 PM

I would like to see some screenies ^^...

Damn, My english is not very good, so, sometimes screenies are a great way to know hjow it works ^^...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Andre on 08-03-2005 at 03:12 PM

Okey then, you have the contact list docked on either the left hand side or the right hand side. In the screenshot, I have it on the left. Basically, when you move your mouse onto the left hand side, the appears, and then when you move it away it then slides back.

Then the little bubble in the bottom left hand corner displays who is online either by their email or their Nick/custom name.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-04-2005 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by :No-Frost:
I would like to see some screenies ^^...

Damn, My english is not very good, so, sometimes screenies are a great way to know hjow it works ^^...

i have added some more images in this post here

thank you Andre for your help :) (btw, nice background)
RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by lance.carnegie on 08-05-2005 at 08:00 PM

hey guys new to Messenger Plus. been using trillian for years (pro) but my router has been giving me problems and msn always disconnects. i never used msn because of tabs and you couldn't dock. tabs are comming soon i read (and the others i can't find) and then this! one question. is their a way to have the width a little thinner. it's way to wide. i was looking around in the plugin but i couldn't really find anything. thanks guys.

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-05-2005 at 08:11 PM

yes i have updated the preferences of the plugin a while back, and decided to put the width and height values there as well

so you can redownload the plugin and check it out... :)

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by lance.carnegie on 08-05-2005 at 08:43 PM

i downloaded the newest version yet I can't find it. any ideas where to look. thanks

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-06-2005 at 12:41 AM

you can always download the latest beta and see screenshots from the links in my signature...

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by lance.carnegie on 08-06-2005 at 08:54 AM

thanks. I downloaded it again and i still can't find it. is it in preferences or do i have to hack the plugin? sorry, i appreciate all your help. but i can't seem to. the screenshot won't load up :)

edit: after a while of browsing i founf the screenshot. http://ioannis.mpsounds.net/blog/?page_id=3&page=2

But i tried the newest version on your website and it wasn't there. maybe it is an older build? I have Build 0.13. it says you added it on Build 0.09. weird :/ any ideas?

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-07-2005 at 09:15 AM

well yes it been there since 0.9 so you can always edit the ini file to alter the setting

open msn_winman.ini

[Contact List]
minwidth=195
minheight=300

change the values to whatever you like

RE: Window Management Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by lance.carnegie on 08-08-2005 at 02:23 AM

thanks man I apreciate it. great work!!!

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Deam on 08-20-2005 at 01:31 AM

This plugin is exactly what I have been looking for.
My question has to do with the default dock width. I change the minwidth settings, but that doesn't do anything.

Is there a way to set the dock width so that i don't have to keep adjusting it every time I dock and undock?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-20-2005 at 08:32 AM

take a look here it is a Plus issue
it requires to set a value in the registry to fix the problem.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Deam on 08-20-2005 at 02:38 PM

Thanks for the quick response, that did it :)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 08-30-2005 at 10:45 AM

has anyone tried the plugin with messnger 7.5
does it work correctly, any bugs ?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 08-30-2005 at 02:47 PM

You're plugin works fine with MSN Messenger 7.5. I didn't find any bugs so far :-). It's just great (H).

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by khaiz on 09-04-2005 at 04:19 PM

This plugin is real cool.... it would be better if it can snap on all 4 edges... not only left or right.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by 1ns4nity on 09-06-2005 at 03:24 AM

Hey guys, I think the download link is broken! Help! I want this plugin desperately :)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-06-2005 at 06:59 AM

ok guys, the problem with the site and the download link has been restored, hopeully. there has been a change of server so everything had to be trasfered from the old to the new server, thanks to Dempsey for that....

@ khaiz
Well the window snaps to all edges, even on multiple monitors, if you mean to auto-hide vertically insdead of horizontally, well that would be a bit inconvenient as at the top it is all teh windows caption bars and at the bottom the taskbar, soo... i guess it wont happen

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Evrenin Hakimi on 09-11-2005 at 10:35 AM

if you add a "auto close" option that will be great..

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-11-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Evrenin Hakimi

hi Evrenin Hakimi, thanks for trying the plugin...
Auto close option for what ?

how should that work ? expand on this...
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-11-2005 at 11:14 AM

I have another question: in some older versions of your plugin, the contact list was instantly hidden when you clicked the minimize button of the window. In the later versions this "option" disappeared. Clicking the minimize button does now nothing at all.
Personally I liked the behaviour of the older versions: in this way you can hide the window immediately when it is in the way and you don't have to wait till it auto-hides. Maybe a suggestion for a next version!? ;-)

RE: RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Evrenin Hakimi on 09-11-2005 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Evrenin Hakimi

auto close to contact list, like "auto hide" :P

just put an option to "Contact List Window Mode Selection"
  • off
  • dock
  • auto hide
  • auto close

thanx for the plugin btw.. 

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-11-2005 at 11:21 AM

I think you mean "close to the system tray"? *-) Would also be a nice feature :-)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-11-2005 at 11:28 AM

Hmm GroteSmurf i see your point, the minimize button only works when CL is attached to a side and auto-hide is set...
i'll fix that

@ Evrenin Hakimi
So it shound close in a specific time period ? like 30 seconds lets say ?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Evrenin Hakimi on 09-11-2005 at 11:33 AM

yep:) thats exactly what i'm saying..

when messenger clist window is opened or hided, msnmsgr.exe is using ~12m of memory.. but if you close the window mem usage will be ~5m.

i'm an old miranda-im user switched to msn messenger for voice&video chat, this plugin makes msn like miranda-im !! great
-----------

period can be same as auto hide, just put another time period textbox.

i know there is a plug-in named "auto close" but there is no link for it and no guarantee that its working.

i edited a screen capture with m$ paint :

[Image: autoclose.png]

thanx.

RE: RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-11-2005 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Hmm GroteSmurf i see your point, the minimize button only works when CL is attached to a side and auto-hide is set...
i'll fix that

Great! (Y) That would be very nice. Thanks a lot!
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Evrenin Hakimi on 09-20-2005 at 09:40 AM

so any new build ?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-20-2005 at 09:44 AM

@Evrenin Hakimi
I will implement your request first thing off, but you will have to wait until 27 Sept for me to begin dev again when i have Plus! 3.60 in my hands

Hope you can wait till then :D

regards, for now...

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-22-2005 at 05:46 PM

Nothing new has been release yet, but....

1.  i have decided to implement Options for all loaded plugins in Plus!

In my Options menu in the tray, it will now contain Pereferences of all your loaded plugins for easy access, :D now you can access your stufplug, ColorNick etc, settings from the tray....

2. to Evrenin Hakimi Auto -close has been implemented to my internal build, but it is quite messed up as i am expecting v3.60 to come out :)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-26-2005 at 11:16 AM

How would you feel if menus were poping in contact list and convos, in the left top edge (or right click) instead of being at the top of the window ???

i want some opinions here (cause i am set to do it that way :))

the picture contains some features i am working on...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=541035]
(Click to make larger)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-26-2005 at 02:48 PM

That would really be a very nice enhancement of your plugin! I like the idea having the menu popping up, when you click (or right click, this doesn't really matter) that small arrow of the window! (Y)

I'm just curious: what is that arrow left of the minimize button in your contact list? :-)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-26-2005 at 05:07 PM

the arrow is put there by the mess.be patch, and is used for "Always On Top"

this patch though modifies the original executable which is agains the law, so ...

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-26-2005 at 05:20 PM

ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation :-)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by evilhobo on 09-27-2005 at 08:52 AM

i've been wanting msn to have autohide for soooo long now!!! Finally!

just one thing.. is it possible to make messenger autohide to top of screen?

i have an asian messenger called QQ which has autohide on any screen edge and i like the idea of autohiding at the top screen edge..

can it be done?

EDIT: btw, i lyk the right click menu ideas, especially for the main contact windows. i hate having to click on show window frame everytime i need to change sumthin.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by DragonX on 09-27-2005 at 05:13 PM

:D (Y) awesome plugin and the idea of the floating menus would make a great enhancement.

Just as a thought, along side the option of  "...Autohide if lose focus" could u add one that would be "...Autohide if u don't hover on the window anymore" or something like it, anywho, just ta thought.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-29-2005 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DragonX
:D (Y) awesome plugin and the idea of the floating menus would make a great enhancement.

Just as a thought, along side the option of  "...Autohide if lose focus" could u add one that would be "...Autohide if u don't hover on the window anymore" or something like it, anywho, just ta thought.
If you set the autohide timer to 0 seconds, it will autohide instantly, if the mouse goes off the window

quote:
Originally posted by evilhobo
i've been wanting msn to have autohide for soooo long now!!! Finally!

just one thing.. is it possible to make messenger autohide to top of screen?

i have an asian messenger called QQ which has autohide on any screen edge and i like the idea of autohiding at the top screen edge..

can it be done?

EDIT: btw, i lyk the right click menu ideas, especially for the main contact windows. i hate having to click on show window frame everytime i need to change sumthin.
top and botton hiding could be implemted,
but the edge test order in auto mode will probably be => left, right, top, botom, so if window is attached to more that one edge, the first found will autohide
RE: RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by evilhobo on 09-30-2005 at 12:53 AM

quote:
top and botton hiding could be implemted,
but the edge test order in auto mode will probably be => left, right, top, botom, so if window is attached to more that one edge, the first found will autohide

coolness!! thanx heaps. when will be the next release?
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-30-2005 at 05:54 AM

I have a small problem with the Event Log window. When I use the contactlist in skinmode (i.e. hiding the menubar) the Event Log window won't show up the next time Messenger is started, although it is enabled in the Plus! menu *-). After disabling and enabling the "Show the Event Log Window" again the window will show up. Am I doing something wrong!?

Thanks in advance for your help!

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 09-30-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
I have a small problem with the Event Log window. When I use the contactlist in skinmode (i.e. hiding the menubar) the Event Log window won't show up the next time Messenger is started, although it is enabled in the Plus! menu *-). After disabling and enabling the "Show the Event Log Window" again the window will show up. Am I doing something wrong!?

Thanks in advance for your help!
yeah i had that bug as wel and it was associated with the transparency issue and it was fixed in my internal build ;)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by GroteSmurf on 09-30-2005 at 02:16 PM

:-)

so I just have to wait patiently until the next release (Y)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by uryan on 10-01-2005 at 01:11 AM

Great plugin :). I would love to see you introduce a popup delay into this so you have to push the mouse against the side of the screen for, say, 1/2sec before it pops up

Also, your plugin doesn't play very well with a program I have called Libronix Digital Library System (www.libronix.com) . When I hover the mouse over an open book the messenger window goes crazy, popping up and closing continuously, and the only thing I can do is close the messenger window to the system

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by DragonX on 10-01-2005 at 02:54 AM

quote:

If you set the autohide timer to 0 seconds, it will autohide instantly, if the mouse goes off the window

Sweet, thx a bunch !! :D
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Emjaybee on 10-01-2005 at 06:07 AM

I love your plugin but I had to uninstall it.

With your plugin running each copy of MSN was using over 40mb's or ram.

I would also love to see the ability to hide to the top and bottom.

For the person using QQ, QQ defaults to hiding at the top, so this shouldnt be a problem for you. (By the way QQ is light years a ahead of MSN...)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 10-09-2005 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by uryan
Great plugin :). I would love to see you introduce a popup delay into this so you have to push the mouse against the side of the screen for, say, 1/2sec before it pops up

Also, your plugin doesn't play very well with a program I have called Libronix Digital Library System (www.libronix.com) . When I hover the mouse over an open book the messenger window goes crazy, popping up and closing continuously, and the only thing I can do is close the messenger window to the system

yeah i agree will you i have all those accidental popups :$ with the mouse...
about the other issue add me to msn so we can solve the issue if possible

quote:
Originally posted by Emjaybee
I love your plugin but I had to uninstall it.

With your plugin running each copy of MSN was using over 40mb's or ram.

I would also love to see the ability to hide to the top and bottom.

For the person using QQ, QQ defaults to hiding at the top, so this shouldnt be a problem for you. (By the way QQ is light years a ahead of MSN...)
yeah i noticed that i only requires more space when the contact list is open, so with the Auto-close feature implemented i dont think it should be much problem ...

hide to top and bottom also implemented internally

i still have some things in the TODO list before i can release an updated version :'(
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Deam on 10-11-2005 at 03:50 AM

I'm having a slight problem with docking on mult-monitor setups. 

I have three monitors, and use the winman pluggin to dock the MSN window on the right side of the far right monitor. However, if I minimze the window and then bring it back up, it seems to shift the maximized area over to the left, so that the area where the contact window was docked previously is no longer useable when maximing windows.  A quick enable-disable of the secondary monitors returns things to normal, but it happens every time I minimze the window.  As well, if I use the "Open Messenger" right click option on the systray icon, the window goes back to it's original docked place, but I have to change it's width to get the docking function to enable again.

Any suggestions?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by mikeypas on 10-26-2005 at 06:07 AM

Just discovered Messenger Plus and Window Management! Super great plugin. I love the auto-hide feature, but I'm always bringing up the contact list by mistake each time the mouse moves too close to the right side of the screen

Is there a way to set a delay so that the contact list only reappears if the move is left idle for a while on the extreme side of the screen?

I'd love to know if this can be done somehow.

thanks
mike

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 10-26-2005 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikeypas
Just discovered Messenger Plus and Window Management! Super great plugin. I love the auto-hide feature, but I'm always bringing up the contact list by mistake each time the mouse moves too close to the right side of the screen

Is there a way to set a delay so that the contact list only reappears if the move is left idle for a while on the extreme side of the screen?

I'd love to know if this can be done somehow.

thanks
mike
i am implementing a small delay in expanding the contact list, in the internal build, so you must hover the mouse for around 1/4 second over the extreme side of the screen to make it popup (it might sound little but it makes a lot of difference)

only thing is i must find some time to finish some other things that need fixing before i release another version

tazdevil
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by mikeypas on 10-26-2005 at 07:39 PM

Great to hear TazDevil, and super work on this plugin.
When you do have the time to do it, perhaps you could make it user adjustable, the delay time?

look forward to your next release
mike

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Grue on 10-26-2005 at 09:21 PM

quote:

i am implementing a small delay in expanding the contact list, in the internal build, so you must hover the mouse for around 1/4 second over the extreme side of the screen to make it popup (it might sound little but it makes a lot of difference)

only thing is i must find some time to finish some other things that need fixing before i release another version

tazdevil

Good! That will make the plugin a lot better. I stopped using the auto hide feature of the plugin because there were too many accidental popups of messenger that got annoying. It would be good idea to make it user adjustable as mikeypas said.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by evilhobo on 12-22-2005 at 03:18 AM

soooo... any developements?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Matti on 12-30-2005 at 06:09 PM

First of all, awesome plugin! :D
And yes, if there would be a small delay, thinks would be even better. :)
Keep up the good work, Taz! (y)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by TazDevil on 12-30-2005 at 06:30 PM

Thanks !
sorry for the late updates...
I was working on some new things but now i am on holidays in espana, staying in salamanca with some friends ;)

Happy holidays everyone

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by khaiz on 03-01-2006 at 04:32 PM

Have been waiting for the next update which allows me to dock the messenger on the top instead of left or right. :)

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by Deam on 03-08-2006 at 07:49 PM

Does anyone have the issue where when minimizing and restoring the docked window, that the previous docked position is unusuable and the entire area shifts over, as if the window was still docked but it isn't?

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by John0877 on 10-30-2006 at 07:50 AM

waiting for a Live Messenger compatible version, hate the taskbar button being there and would love to get rid of it again.

RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by markee on 10-30-2006 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John0877
waiting for a Live Messenger compatible version, hate the taskbar button being there and would love to get rid of it again.
Have a look at Messenger Plus! Live Enhancer it is also written by TazDevil and is for WLM.  You will find that scripts are now used instead of plug-ins with MP!L too.  Enjoy.
RE: Window Manager Plugin (Dock, Autohide) by iasse on 12-23-2007 at 06:45 PM

Hi.
I have a question. I use Windows Messenger (not the live version), it is sufficient for me. But i want to know if there is a version of window manager for windows messenger ?

Thx