Shoutbox

Problem detected - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Problem detected (/showthread.php?tid=43827)

Problem detected by Chris4 on 04-28-2005 at 11:46 PM

When I start up my computer, I get this error message.

quote:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have abequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop error message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer of the driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendur for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.If you need to use Safe Mose to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup Options, and then select 'Safe Mode'.

Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF5066B52, 0xF7BEU00, 0x78BE0FC)

I'm kind of confused what to do. I'm in Safe Mode at the moment, because everytime I try to normally log in, it comes up the error message above.
What is it saying I need updates for? I just updates my nvidia graphics card because I had a problem before and after I installed the updates it was ok.
I don't know why this error is coming up. I didn't do anything?

Please help! :D
RE: Problem detected by DJeX on 04-29-2005 at 02:58 AM

Try:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330182&sd=RMVP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321637&sd=RMVP
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/26804/26804.html
http://forum.theispdirectory.com/isp-provider-ftopic105.html

Since there are many possible anwsers check these sites out.

RE: Problem detected by squall_leonhart69r on 04-29-2005 at 04:01 PM

Check your ide busmaster drivers

these are well known for causing infinite loops

if you have a via based board

search the forums.viaarena.com for getting out of the loop

RE: Problem detected by RaceProUK on 04-29-2005 at 05:44 PM

The problem here is a faulty driver installation causing system instability. Chances are it's something that requires drivers more advanced than the Windows default drivers.
99.99% of the time, this can be fixed by installing the latest drivers for any and all devices, either using Windows Update, or (if you can't get them that way) direct from the manufacturer.

RE: Problem detected by Chris4 on 04-29-2005 at 07:06 PM

I decided to completely reformat my computer because there seems to be alot of errors lately.

If I wanted to update my graphics card.. how do I find out what model I have? I know it's an nvidia nforce but I don't know the model number.

edit: Thanks for the links and help (y)

RE: Problem detected by DJeX on 04-29-2005 at 09:53 PM

You can open up your computer and check on the card it's self or right click desktop > click properties > click settings tab. You should see it under Display:. OR you can click Start > Accessories > System Information.

RE: Problem detected by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 05:54 AM

Most of the time Windows Update has NVIDIA Drivers, so try there for it, if u cannot find the driver you need. Hope it helps

RE: Problem detected by DJeX on 05-01-2005 at 06:08 AM

Why not go on the Nvidia site and check. :P

RE: Problem detected by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 06:11 AM

You could do that, but u need to know the model of your graphics card to get a Driver that actually works and doesnt send the Card into a loop

RE: Problem detected by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 12:05 PM

NVidia drivers are a one-size-fits-all affair I thought.
And it's better to get them from Windows Update. They may not be the latest, but they have been tested extensively, and certified.

RE: Problem detected by scott_259 on 05-01-2005 at 08:51 PM

True, they have been tested throughly

RE: Problem detected by Chris4 on 05-02-2005 at 01:08 AM

I've got all the updates from Windows Update. I still sometimes seem to have problems with my graphics card :\

RE: Problem detected by scott_259 on 05-02-2005 at 06:59 AM

Well, try this Right click on desktop-> Click Properties -> Click the settings Tab -> Click Advanced ->  Click the troubleshoot tab -> Then turn down the hardware acceleration, To none, or close to it -> uncheck enable write combing. Hopefuly this resolves your problems, if not let me know the exactly problem and will continue to help you

RE: RE: Problem detected by BEWARE^^ on 05-02-2005 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chris4
I've got all the updates from Windows Update. I still sometimes seem to have problems with my graphics card :\

try to do the thing from the post above and if that wont work you have to re-install your graphic card again :)
RE: Problem detected by Chris4 on 05-02-2005 at 06:36 PM

Thanks scott_259. I done whatyou said. Hopefully it will be ok now.

RE: Problem detected by scott_259 on 05-03-2005 at 06:06 AM

Chris4, it is my pleasure to help you, just hope it does resolve your problem! good luck with it!