Shoutbox

[sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization (/showthread.php?tid=43836)

[sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Trevor Saller on 04-29-2005 at 04:29 AM

I'm loving the new feature that MSN has added that allows me to display which mp3 i'm playing through Windows Media Player.  I've been a user of plugins that did the same thing, and the new update made me infinitely happy.

I was just wondering if there was any way possible that there could be a plugin created that would allow customization of the "What I'm Listening To" tool.  Like changing the order in which it's displayed, from Songname - Artistname to something like Artistname - "Songname", and maybe adding in the length or something.  I know next to nothing about creating plugins, but i was just wondering if it could even be done.

Thank you in advance for your time.

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by steVenB on 04-29-2005 at 05:35 AM

I think there is already a plugin that reverses the order to Artist - Song. I saw it on www.mess.be. Perhaps someone can give you a direct link.

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Weyzza on 04-29-2005 at 06:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
I think there is already a plugin that reverses the order to Artist - Song. I saw it on www.mess.be. Perhaps someone can give you a direct link.
The patch's name is messpatch.
Unfortunately, the option is only working for iTunes users.
RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-01-2005 at 01:52 PM

Right now the mess patch for the leaked MSN messenger 7.0.0813  has that feature and works for ALL PLAYERS

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by linx05 on 05-01-2005 at 02:19 PM

There are currently two plugins (for winamp) that does this for MSN.

MSN Messenger Now Playing Plugin - Download it if you just want to use it for MSN

or

The Toaster - Download if you want to do a little bit more customising on the winamp side.

I use The Toaster. But they both work great for MSN.

EDIT: Ooops. Didn't read your post correctly. You use WMP. Yeah, just do the patch. That will work. I'll leave my post there incase anyone else needs it maybe?

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 03:08 PM

Or maybe someone could write a configurable WMP plugin?

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by CookieRevised on 05-01-2005 at 03:57 PM

Trevor Saller, if you're up to it, you can modify the things you want by yourself. Visit mess.be:
http://forum.mess.be/index.php?showtopic=5341#entry45302

RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by just4info on 05-01-2005 at 08:23 PM

Here is a configurable MSN Messenger Media Plugin for WMP.
(the attached file is the installation program).

After the installation, go to WMP's plugin's option to change the setting. Remember to disable Microsoft's Music Plugin.

Comments are welcome.

BTW, this plugin also shows info if you are watching a video.

NEW: version 1.1 adds the option not to display when watching video. In additon, %d (duration) can now be used as part of the message format.

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by just4info on 05-01-2005 at 08:27 PM

Here is the screenshot of the configuration page of MSN Messenger Media Plugin posted earlier

RE: RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Jolo on 05-03-2005 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by just4info
Here is a configurable MSN Messenger Media Plugin for WMP.
(the attached file is the installation program).

After the installation, go to WMP's plugin's option to change the setting. Remember to disable Microsoft's Music Plugin.

Comments are welcome.

BTW, this plugin also shows info if you are watching a video.

Great Plugin!

Do you know if exist a official webpage for the plugin, Winamp support or the option to add a time tag [x:xx] to the info.? Album year would be nice too.

Thanks.
RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Lt.Col.DraGon on 05-03-2005 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jolo
Great Plugin!

Do you know if exist a official webpage for the plugin, Winamp support or the option to add a time tag [x:xx] to the info.? Album year would be nice too.

Yes, the mess patch for 7.0.0813 has a new winamp plugin that allows you to put as your pm the title , artist, album and time. But you must configure that plugin in Winamp. You can configure at Options - Preferences then go to the Plug-ins sections then go to General Purpose tab and there you select MessengerAmp v2.1 , then go to configure selected plug-in and there you configure.
RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Jolo on 05-03-2005 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Col.DraGon
quote:
Great Plugin!

Yes, the mess patch for 7.0.0813 has a new winamp plugin that allows you to put as your pm the title , artist, album and time. But you must configure that plugin in Winamp. You can configure at Options - Preferences then go to the Plug-ins sections then go to General Purpose tab and there you select MessengerAmp v2.1 , then go to configure selected plug-in and there you configure.

Yes, I found it for independant installation.

http://silicon.xs4all.nl/index/msgramp

Works like a charm, but, "Year" tag is missing, and I was searching some similar for Windows Media Player, cause is my favourite program. :P

Anyone? :)
RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by azur on 05-04-2005 at 01:29 PM

hello i use itunes and msn 7.0.0813 but how to swap the artist and song name?

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by riahc4 on 05-04-2005 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Yes, I found it for independant installation.

http://silicon.xs4all.nl/index/msgramp

Works like a charm, but, "Year" tag is missing, and I was searching some similar for Windows Media Player, cause is my favourite program. :P

Anyone? :)

This is truly the only real working one and it is great.

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by exsequor on 05-05-2005 at 03:47 AM

Is it possible to get this to stream from a non-WML or WA player?  I'm using foobar2000 right now, and wondering whether or not it is.  It'd be nice.

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Tochjo on 05-05-2005 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by exsequor
to stream from a non-WML or WA player?  I'm using foobar2000
I believe there are a few, see http://www.myplugins.info/ :)
RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by just4info on 05-06-2005 at 04:47 AM

just updated my MSN Messenger Media Plugin for WMP with the following slight improvements:

version 1.1 adds the option not to display when watching video. In addition, %d (duration) can now be used as part of the message format.

Please look for previous post (on page 1) to download. Thanks for using the plugin.

RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Jolo on 05-06-2005 at 12:56 PM

quote:
just updated my MSN Messenger Media Plugin for WMP with the following slight improvements:

version 1.1 adds the option not to display when watching video. In additon, %d (duration) can now be used as part of the message format.

Please look for preview post (on page 1) to download. Thanks for using the plugin.

That's really nice. Thanks a lot.

"Year", "Album" and "Track No." is possible?

RE: RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by just4info on 05-06-2005 at 01:49 PM

quote:

You're welcome. It's already in if {2} (album title) is what are you looking for. Year, Track No. and whole bunch of others are all possible. Will try to add them in.
RE: RE: RE: RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Jolo on 05-06-2005 at 02:57 PM

quote:
quote:

You're welcome. It's already in if {2} (album title) is what are you looking for. Year, Track No. and whole bunch of others are all possible. Will try to add them in.

Ok. I'll wait for that version. Would ve VERY NICE. :D
RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Jolo on 05-13-2005 at 09:28 PM

Mmm... What happened with the plugin? :( I'll still waiting :D

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by just4info on 05-14-2005 at 04:12 AM

Jolo, thanks for the patience. Forgot to post it.

Please see this thread:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=44673

RE: [sug] "What I'm Listening To" Customization by Fr3dd on 05-25-2005 at 03:11 AM

Hey guys.......

As everybody in this thread i'm looking for a plugin that let me show what i'm listening in my MSN status. I've been tryin' with every single plugin in this thread but none of them work in my computer. I'm workin' with windows 98 (maybe that's the cause of the problem) and winamp5.05.
   Please, do you know a plugin that works with this Windows and this winamp????, please tell me!!!!! Thanks for reading and sorry for my HORRIBLE and POOR english!!!!.....