Shoutbox

Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations (/showthread.php?tid=43838)

Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Stone222 on 04-29-2005 at 05:53 AM

I have been thinking about this for a long time, and I think its about time I posted here, and see if someone is able to make this plugin.

Basicly, this plugin will make all your conversations in one window, but they are all tabbed. If you have ever used Firefox, you will understand this better.

Why do I want this plugin? Because I don't like to see my bar at the bottem loaded with stuff, especially MSN conversations, since the bar usually has a lot of other stuff open, and I don't like it cluttered, and having tabbed conversations would help alot.

How would it work?
Well, when a contact sends you a message, the icon on the bar at the bottem would blink, as it normally does when you are sent a message, then, once you open the conversations, the tab with the person talking to you would be blinking.
Also, when people start a conversation with you, a new thing appears on the bar, but with this plugin, a new tab appears instead.

So, I hope you understood me, I forgot what the bar at the bottem, and the icons that come on it are called.. So sorry about that :$

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Weyzza on 04-29-2005 at 06:01 AM

Please read:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29...d=285415#pid285415

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-29-2005 at 08:35 PM

Yes, but nobody has ever answered that question and those posts are from 2004. As you see, we want to hear if someone was already working on it or nobody was workin on it.

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by .Roy on 04-29-2005 at 08:38 PM

TB the programmer of Stuff Plug will have Tabbed Convos in the newer version of Stuff Plug.
You can go to http://stuffplug.com for news and updates.

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Weyzza on 04-29-2005 at 08:41 PM

If you read CookieRevised's post carefully, there are at least 2 working programs, TabbedMSN by Wouter and Tabbed MSN by (CyBeRDuDe).

I've never tested the programs though.

I think TB is working on that feature for SPNG 2.3

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Lt.Col.DraGon on 04-29-2005 at 08:41 PM

Thank you Hobbes

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by Mike on 04-29-2005 at 09:16 PM

Try looking here: Looking for a 'container' or tabbed conversation plugin

It does not have tab support, but I have actually programmed that part, but never released it :P

RE: Suggestion: Tabbed Conversations by aNILEator on 04-30-2005 at 08:34 PM

Tabbed MSN by cyberdude should be renamed PolyTab in my opinion as it is not tabbed conversations.

Working (I think) plugins/addons are Cameno and TabbedMSN by wouter