Shoutbox

cant use or d/l msn anymore? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: cant use or d/l msn anymore? (/showthread.php?tid=43853)

cant use or d/l msn anymore? by categan on 04-29-2005 at 11:02 AM

[font=Arial][size=2][/size][size=1][color=blue]

I was being promt to update my msn when i logged in abt a month ago. i clicked to update but halfway, my computer restart and when it run again,msn prompt me to remove my msn and redownload.. so i remove it from my control panel and reinstall msn.. but halfway installing it,it shows cannot create directory and ask me to remove a file from my 'C' drive.. so i went to search for the file but it doesn't seems to have a file at windows named 'installer'.. so wat shd i do to reinstall the msn? it makes me bored without msn..

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by Supersonicdarky on 04-29-2005 at 11:12 AM

if you want to use the fonts colours and sizes you do it like this

code:
[font=arial][size=2][color=blue] text [/color][/size][/font]

and it will give you this: text

can you provide us with some info like what operation system you use and from which version of msn were you upgrading

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by categan on 04-29-2005 at 09:21 PM

i'm usin xp.. i'm using beta at first.. but it keep prompt me to update so i did as wat it promt me.. but end up now i cant use it..

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by RaceProUK on 04-29-2005 at 09:36 PM

If you can, uninstall Messenger completely, and delete the Messenger folder (usually C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger). Then reboot to ensure all the mess is cleaned up, and download the latest version from http://messenger.msn.com/ to obtain a fresh installer.
Then just install from that ;)

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by categan on 05-02-2005 at 12:06 PM

erms.. sorry.. i uninstall le.. and remove it all but somehow it still prompt me that still got a file in c drive in installer.. but i check.. in my c drive windows,i dun have that file.. i'm so vexed that i cant use msn now to communicate w my frens.. i'm not an expert in com..

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by Sjoerd_ on 05-02-2005 at 12:18 PM

Maybe it might help if you tell us what file it is missing..

I think there are three possible causes:
1) Bug in beta messed thing up.
2) You have a virus and/or spyware/adware on your computer.
3) Security software or other program is blocking the installation.

So what you can do is try to use System Recovery (start->programs->accessories->system tools) to go back to a date before you installed MSN Messenger 7 beta. If you don't have a virus scanner you can get AVG for free here or use housecall which is a online virus scanner. Cleaners for spyware and adware can be found here (Ad-Aware) and here (Spybot S&D). And finally try to close as many programs as you can because something (most likely security related software) might be blocking the installation.

Things like this are why non experienced people should not install beta products which might cause harm to your system.

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by absorbation on 05-02-2005 at 01:14 PM

Which beta did you have, the public beta or a private one. You should'nt download private betas unless you are a beta tester who knows his/ her stuff.

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by categan on 05-03-2005 at 08:31 AM

i'm usin a public beta.. i tried the systems recovery.. but it doesn't help.. i dun have any file which is missing.. it jus that durin the update,it jus hang and restart.. so i redownload it and halfway, it prompt me to remove or rename a file in C:\windows\installer\{ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B431600777}.. i search for this file but nothin appears.. so what shd i do? i already remove watever thing i can find related to msn.. i switch off my microsoft spyware,norton virus and zonealarm.. but still cannot download..

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by trini on 05-03-2005 at 09:11 AM

Maybe you just don't see the file. In Tools-FolderOptions-View, make sure 'hide protected opetating system files' is NOT ticked and 'show hidden files and folders' IS ticked.

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by BEWARE^^ on 05-03-2005 at 11:20 AM

well the only thing you should do is uninstall msn and msgplus remove all related things from msn and msgplus then reinstall msn and msgplus and dont update till an official so dont use the public beta coz it has written "A beta version is for official beta testers only. It contains bugs and should not be considered a stable version of the MSN Messenger 7 software. You have been warned.

Thankz all!

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by Tochjo on 05-03-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
dont use the public beta
You can download a non-beta version of MSN Messenger 7 at http://messenger.msn.com seeing as a non-beta version (final version) has been released a while ago :)
RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by categan on 05-12-2005 at 01:15 PM

:) Thanks alot guys.. i manage to have the normal msn back.. but jus another question.. can i d/l beta msn again?

RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by CookieRevised on 05-12-2005 at 01:42 PM

No,

1)

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
A beta version is for official beta testers only. It contains bugs and should not be considered a stable version of the MSN Messenger 7 software. You have been warned.

2) We do not provide illegal downloads, nor links to them, on this forum...
RE: cant use or d/l msn anymore? by linx05 on 05-12-2005 at 01:48 PM

Can I ask why would you want the beta again?