Shoutbox

restore "personal status" functionality? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: restore "personal status" functionality? (/showthread.php?tid=43864)

restore "personal status" functionality? by rh on 04-29-2005 at 03:52 PM

hi!

i think it is sad that since msn7 the personal statuses of msgplus dont work correctly any more.

now i always see something like "name (personal status) (away)" etc.

could this be restored to the original way? thanks a lot!

regards,

rh

p.s.: i dont use the personal statuses of msn7. first because they look terribly ugly, second because the have the same problem ("name - personal status (away)")

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by user27089 on 04-29-2005 at 03:53 PM

I don't think that it's actually really possible because of the protocol, Patchou doesn't like screwing with the protocol, so I think that this is just a limitation that we're going to have to live with...

Sorry ;).

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by haydos on 04-29-2005 at 04:03 PM

Similar thread + Patchou's reply here

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by rh on 04-29-2005 at 04:25 PM

1. it does not require messing with the protocol (it didn't require that in msn6 either), just messing with the listview in the msn main window.

2. well, patchou's response wasn't really a response. it seems i am not the only person wanting the old style back. currently, i think, the personal statuses make no real sense. :(

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by Fraisie on 04-29-2005 at 04:28 PM

Patchou says he cant do it, it will have to stay this way :)

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by rh on 04-29-2005 at 10:10 PM

oh, well then... too bad.

it did not sound like this in the linked post, rather like he thought it was better the way it currently is, thats why i posted again.

RE: restore "personal status" functionality? by RaceProUK on 04-29-2005 at 11:48 PM

I agree with rh: in the linked post, Patchou didn't say it wasn't possible. Me, I don't mind the way it is now, so it isn't a problem whether it's possible or not ;)