Shoutbox

Installation problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Installation problem (/showthread.php?tid=43865)

Installation problem by seattle29 on 04-29-2005 at 03:59 PM

Hiya :(

I recently had to do a system restore to 3 days ago because of a computer problem. After I had done this, Messenger Plus wouldn't startup with MSN. I did the stupid thing of removing it manually, by deleting the folder, startup entry and registry entries. Now when I go to open the installer to re-install it, it just won't open. Nothing happens. What can I do?

Please help me :(

seattle29

RE: Installation problem by Weyzza on 04-29-2005 at 04:02 PM

Try to download the official installer again:
http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

The installer should work by itself and doesn't depend on the files you deleted.

RE: Installation problem by user27089 on 04-29-2005 at 04:04 PM

Use a registry cleaner, like Tweak Now! RegCleaner to clear the registry items, completely delete that installer, ten redownload again...

RE: Installation problem by M73A on 04-29-2005 at 04:15 PM

once you've clicked it press ctrl+alt+del and goto processes, does it say msgplus_installer.exe or something like that? or doesnt it run at all?

RE: RE: Installation problem by seattle29 on 04-29-2005 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
once you've clicked it press ctrl+alt+del and goto processes, does it say msgplus_installer.exe or something like that? or doesnt it run at all?

No, it doesn't. When I double click the installer (downloaded again from the official site), I see a hourglass (busy cursor) for about 0.5 secs, then nothing happens.

I've also used a registry cleaner (RegistryFix 3.0) and to no avail.

:S

RE: Installation problem by M73A on 04-29-2005 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by seattle29
No, it doesn't.

then its not running ^o) erm, can ya give us some more information about ur operating system, processor, etc etc....
RE: Installation problem by seattle29 on 04-29-2005 at 04:29 PM

No worries I got it fixed ...

Turned out I had removed some MSN Messenger registry entries which made the installer think I didn't have MSN installed. I re-installed Messenger and then Plus installed fine.

Thanks anyway :)