Shoutbox

MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. (/showthread.php?tid=43870)

MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by gatepass007 on 04-29-2005 at 06:19 PM

Recently I have installed 222 winks somehow. Now, when I try to send someone winks and when I click to WINKS then it takes a lot of time to load. When I click on the MORE then MSN messenger crashes. How can I solve this problem? Can I remove my installed winks? If that is possible then how I can remove my winks? Please help me.

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by Exca on 04-29-2005 at 06:23 PM

I think you just will need to remove some winks, it's normal that these take time to load, especially when your pc is an older model with less ram and processor speed

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by gatepass007 on 04-29-2005 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
I think you just will need to remove some winks, it's normal that these take time to load, especially when your pc is an older model with less ram and processor speed

Yeah! that's why I wanna remove to remove some winks ... but I dunno how to remove ... :(
RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by .Roy on 04-29-2005 at 06:31 PM

Winks > (My Winks)More >

You can only remove My Winks.

What you do is click on them and then you will see remove on the right.

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by gatepass007 on 04-29-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
Winks > (My Winks)More >

You can only remove My Winks.

What you do is click on them and then you will see remove on the right.

Well, when I click on MORE then MSN Messenger crashes ... :( ... so, is there any other way to remove them? :(

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by gatepass007 on 04-29-2005 at 07:40 PM

Hey guys ... now I don't have any problems with those winks .. .:) whose are working great :) ...

BY the way .. does anyone know how to back up them for future use?
Thanks anyways ....

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by Sunshine on 04-29-2005 at 10:35 PM

You could try if whats mentioned in this post works ;)

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by rgaudreau on 05-18-2005 at 02:38 AM

I'm going to bump up this thread cause I'm having the same problem.  I tried to remove them manually but when I click on MORE WINKS, MSN freezes up. 

I tried uninstalling MSN messenger, but when I reinstalled, the winks were still there.

Where do the winks get stored?  Can't I just go to a directory and find the MCO file and delete it?  I did a search for MCO files and didn't find any other than those I saved to a separate area on my HD.

Any help is appreciated.

Ren

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by -rafy- on 05-18-2005 at 02:48 AM

I dont think it crashes. It just looks like it has. After a while all the winks would have loaded and you can delete them normally.

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by rgaudreau on 05-18-2005 at 02:55 AM

You're right... I was a bit more patient... and they did load up.

i just gassed about 50 of them and now it loads almost right away

Thanks...

Ren

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by rgaudreau on 05-18-2005 at 02:58 AM

I had a similar problem.  Microsoft Office has it's own startup folder... it's somewhere in your Office directory.  There was a file in there which was causing it to crash on load.  You might want to check there...

Ren

RE: MSN Messenger crashes when I click on WINKS. by rgaudreau on 05-18-2005 at 03:01 AM

You're right... I was a bit more patient... and they did load up.

i just gassed about 50 of them and now it loads almost right away

Thanks...

Ren