Shoutbox

Plugin-- Patchou please reply - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin-- Patchou please reply (/showthread.php?tid=43907)

Plugin-- Patchou please reply by Xsnidalx on 04-30-2005 at 05:04 PM

Well, i used to be at hotmail. I made a new email address because I didn't like it. But surprise me not, i need more then 25 megs, and i didn’t want my old account so.

I made one with a foreign.... Not so foreign google mail (GMAIL) and well, i was wondering being a bad programmer and all, if You (Pathcou)
Could make a universal Plugin for Msn Beta, that lets you customize your server address by the user, so if my email address was Deathsxwishes the Url would be hotmail.com... or if it was stinkysmellykid@gmail.com, it'd send me to the Gmail server.

Yes your probably thinking that there ARE a MILLION different email extensions out there.

Well let us customize it, so that we can choose what server to open in the Personal Settings menu, when clicking on the mail logo or choosing it from the green-man as I call him 

Thank you

James

RE: Plugin-- Patchou please reply by jameslives on 04-30-2005 at 05:06 PM

couldnt you use the pop3 checker in msgplus?

RE: Plugin-- Patchou please reply by Zephyr on 04-30-2005 at 08:16 PM

Xsnidalx, this can in fact be done using plus! already. Open plus preferences and go to pop3 email on the left side.
Type in your email address in the space.
Server: pop.gmail.com
Type in your login and password. The login should include '@gmail.com'.
Check 'this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) and make sure that the port next to the server box is 995.
Then you can test settings.

More options allows you to open your email client or a web address on clicking the envelope or a mail popup.

Also, make sure you have your gmail account allowing pop3. Go to www.google.com/gmail and login. Then click settings in the top right of the site. Click the forwarding and POP tab and enable pop3.

Hope this works for you.

RE: Plugin-- Patchou please reply by Xsnidalx on 04-30-2005 at 08:49 PM

well, sadly enough.

i have beta, i'd get rid of it, but my family would get pissed. I knew that the older verons had it, but is there a way to make a plugin so that beta has it???

becuase i know he probably still has the source code from the older versions kicking around.*6.2 etc*

anyways
thanx

well, it works.... not really, instead of bringing me to OUtlook now it brings me to loggin.net or w/e.

well, thank you guy up there. but i want it so it only effects my account, not my familys :)!

XSNIDALX