Shoutbox

Yahoo! email increasing storage - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Yahoo! email increasing storage (/showthread.php?tid=43928)

Yahoo! email increasing storage by linx05 on 05-01-2005 at 12:52 AM

Yahoo! is now increasing their email storage to 1gb! I love that Gmail has come to the scene. It has made all these other email providers become better! Hehe, now it's Hotmails turn...

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by Supersonicdarky on 05-01-2005 at 12:56 AM

hotmail did upgrade, from 8mb to 250mb a long time ago. i don't think they will again until gmail is about 5gb

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by ~INVASION~ on 05-01-2005 at 12:58 AM

gmails increasing every day so w/e, all other emails are done in my opinion

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by linx05 on 05-01-2005 at 01:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
hotmail did upgrade, from 8mb to 250mb a long time ago. i don't think they will again until gmail is about 5gb
I know :) I'm just waiting for them to follow Yahoo! like last time.
RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by Chestah on 05-01-2005 at 01:42 AM

Yeah thats the thing now Invasion :P, Gmail is unpredictable with its storage space - its always increasing but if other providers take a huge step up in storage, gmail can just increase the acceleration of their storage counter.

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by Chrono on 05-01-2005 at 01:52 AM

bleh, i still've got 2mb in my hotmail account :dodgy:.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
I love that Gmail has come to the scene. It has made all these other email providers become better!
agreed, but gmail simply pwns them all :cheesy:
RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 02:26 AM

Its a futile and pointless reaction by yahoo and Hotmail. They know they are dead. They know they got owned. They are simply gasping for breath and attempting to survive with these substandard products. The idea however is when improving, you become BETTER than the competition, and not continue to be inferior.   Oh well, it was nice to know yahoo mail.

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by Chestah on 05-01-2005 at 02:28 AM

I think Yahoo mail needs alot of work to ever get back into competition. Even though i share my opinon with Chrono that Gmail > * :P i do think hotmail has the ability to come back. The last wave has added alot of new features such as even more integration with msn messenger etc.

If they increase their storage to a point where it doesn't matter because its so high (like gmails) and optimise loading times etc i tihnk they have a good chance :). Theres also the fact that everyone knows about hotmail and no where near as many people know about gmail. That's always going to keep hotmail popular until gmail launches :P

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by -rafy- on 05-01-2005 at 02:38 AM

Yes thats true,

and also many people think that they can only use hotmail with messenger.  Yahoo is dead, but hotmail may pull through.

It needs a cleaner design though and have gmail's grouping emails with the same subject.

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by alegator on 05-01-2005 at 04:36 AM

In my opinion Yahoo mail is the best web based email. I currently have 1Gb,more than I will ever need, and I never had login problems. Very reliable...

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by expert on 05-01-2005 at 04:41 AM

meh im stiking with gmail like ~invasion~

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by linx05 on 05-01-2005 at 05:44 AM

I think this is great! The more Gmail improves, the more Hotmail and Yahoo! improve. I'm just waiting on free Pop3 email from them now :)

[coobydoo] "stiking" is spelt sticking

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by -Bogan- on 05-01-2005 at 05:47 AM

I reckon Gmail will always stay ahead in storage.
Google is taking over the world.

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by *Saint* on 05-01-2005 at 05:49 AM

i like hotmail best i only use gmail whenever i signup for things and i never check it

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by ~INVASION~ on 05-01-2005 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
Google is taking over the world.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

i say that prolly like 100 times a day. Google is taking over the world :P
RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by mad_onion on 05-01-2005 at 06:52 PM

lol i dont use Gmail for the 2Gb space, i use cause it is nice and simply and fast to load, with lots of feature. when are hotmail and yahoo going to learn that they need to overhal there interfaces to make them usable again.

RE: Yahoo! email increasing storage by Rik on 05-01-2005 at 07:10 PM

sapo mail has now 1GB too
and hotmail is to slow