Shoutbox

Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 (/showthread.php?tid=43934)

Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by alegator on 05-01-2005 at 05:37 AM

I just installed additional smileys, winks and moods to MSN 7.0.777. But I have to uninstall/reinstall MSN 7 so to patch it again with A-Patch. At the end of this process, will I have to reinstall the additonal smileys, winks, moods?? Thanks.

RE: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by .Roy on 05-01-2005 at 06:02 AM

Ok if i understood you correctly. Once you reinstall all your smileys winks and moods will be saved i think. But why would you reinstall it because of a-patch?? You dont have to reinstall to use a-patch.

RE: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by alegator on 05-01-2005 at 06:14 AM

I already have A-Patch installed. Problem is that when I first patched it I disabled the My Spaces buttton and now I want to recover it. So I have to run A-Patch again to enable it, and therefore I reckoned I had to uninstall/reinstall MSN and run A-Patch again...

RE: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 12:20 PM

You shouldn't need to reinstall: a lot of patching programs can reverse the changes thet make.

RE: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by CookieRevised on 05-01-2005 at 03:46 PM

And if the patch doesn't allow to reverse the setting, then you only need to "repair" msn messenger. This is done in the same way as removing/installing: Go to "Add/Remove programs" and look for "MSN Messenger", click on it and choose "repair"...

RE: Uninstalling/Reinstalling MSN 7 by user27089 on 05-01-2005 at 03:52 PM

If you are getting problems, then you can just reinstall, if you do, it doesn't mess anything up, all of the Winks and stuff are stored in a custom folder afaik that's somewhere like:

C:/Documents and Settings/NAME/temp/

So reinstalling MSN Messenger won't do a thing at all... It will just update it as such or whatever...