Shoutbox

Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them (/showthread.php?tid=43935)

Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by .blade// on 05-01-2005 at 05:37 AM

If you go to https://reg1.telus.net/selfcare/SelfCareApp and log in, then go to "account usage" you can see your current bandwidth usage. The limit is 10GB but they're not enforcing them. For example - in February I had almost 500% of the bandwidth cap, but I was never notified or warned in any way (I wasn't even aware of the info on bandwidth usage until I looked on dslreports.com)

RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by DJeX on 05-01-2005 at 05:55 AM

:O I hate bandwidth caps. Why have a ISP if you can't provide full use of your service. It's dumb.

RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by Dempsey on 05-01-2005 at 10:01 AM

they'll probally just send you a massive bill for going over your bandwith cap :p

RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by .blade// on 05-01-2005 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
they'll probally just send you a massive bill for going over your bandwith cap :p

Nope. Like I said - I went 500% over my cap in February but I wasn't warned.

I may switch ISPs if they enforce this :dodgy:
RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by Anubis on 05-01-2005 at 02:46 PM

Many ISP's are bringing in caping now, but most aren't enforceing on it yet, mine's been like that for a while. Starting this month, or not, if I go over 15gb they will cut back my bandwidth to 150kbps until the end of the month alternatively I can pay £1.

RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by RaceProUK on 05-01-2005 at 03:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
:O I hate bandwidth caps. Why have a ISP if you can't provide full use of your service. It's dumb.
Unless you do a lot of filesharing, you'll never hit the bandwidth cap.
RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by paperless on 05-01-2005 at 03:16 PM

Here we have always had bandiwdth cap ( there are very few companies who havent ) but we have happy hours and between that periods we can use all the bandwidth we want to.

I also hate this and i htot it was only here...blah.

RE: Telus has bandwidth caps but they aren't enforcing them by .blade// on 05-01-2005 at 04:21 PM

Well what I truly hate is that one of the perks was "infinite bandwidth" when I joined, but now they've added this.

I'm considering switching to SHAW.