Shoutbox

Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) (/showthread.php?tid=43966)

Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by violator999 on 05-01-2005 at 06:27 PM

hey ppl, this is not spamming or a useless thread or something, it's just that i have a project at school, it's about the public opinion in foreign countries about arabs, and the palestinian case and all the conflicts that have been happening between arab countries and the west in the past years.
so i want ur opinions, what do u think of arabs, do u see all muslims as terrorists, and what do u think of the palestinian case, what do u think of all the problems that have been happening between us, who's to blame and how could it be resolved, what do u think of islam and stuff like that...i'm from lebanon btw

RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by M73A on 05-01-2005 at 06:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by violator999
do u see all muslims as terrorists

no, jus bin ladan and muhamud al zaqarwi (i fink thats his name neway) and their followers.

quote:
what do u think of islam
not religious at all, the only one that would make sense to me is buddhism (A LITTLE, because there is no god, but i dont believe in reincarnation etc...)

sorry, dont know about the palestinian case so cant comment on that or the problems...
RE: RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by BEWARE^^ on 05-01-2005 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:
do u see all muslims as terrorists

no, jus bin ladan and muhamud al zaqarwi (i fink thats his name neway) and their followers.

quote:
what do u think of islam
not religious at all, the only one that would make sense to me is buddhism (A LITTLE, because there is no god, but i dont believe in reincarnation etc...)

sorry, dont know about the palestinian case so cant comment on that or the problems...

i totally agree with you may73alliance :)and most of all if you hate those people and you got into trouble they wont help you out so i say you have to keep them as friends :)
RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by Maniac on 05-01-2005 at 10:22 PM

What do I think of arabs? Nothing.

Why? because you just cant think of something about a whole race... it would be prejudice in one way or the other, good or bad. No matter what you say (except "they are arabs" :p) you would be generalising and making steriotypes ... grrr however u spell that

I'm arab myself and i've seen many generalisations from people not knowing the difference between arab and muslim or between arab/muslim and terrorist which is sad but due to lack of knowledge on the subject, ignorance leads to people generalising too much and making asumptions on people because of some (stupid peices of ****) people that did the worst stuff ever and got very famous terrorising people.

about the palestinian conflict I think everyone who is fighting over anything is an asshole and should just stop, think about what their doing, and live in peace because there is no point in what they're doing. "Share the land, share the love" :)

RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by Abz2k4 on 05-01-2005 at 11:10 PM

Ok well im Asian/Muslim and i think Arabs are stereotyped as being Terrorists/Suicide bombers/crazy people who chop guys heads off. But most of them are normal, civilised people like you and i. In every race you will get a select few who do not do things right by the law so i think it's unfair to say just one race are bad.

As for the situation in Palestine, i feel that the Israeli's are bullying the Palestinians just because they have more military and financial advantages over Palestine. I think the Palestinians can see no way of helping their country by taking their own lives in order to make a stand. More info on Arab stereotypes can be found here
I hope this helps :D

RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by albert on 05-02-2005 at 12:58 AM

I personally feel insulted in this thread

i am arab, not muslic, catholic, Lebanese ( logicly i aint arab )

but most of y all dunno this.. arab means ppl who are muslim and who talk arabic..

but whenever ppl see me talkinmg arabic, im a fucking arab, and personlly its getting irritating, ppl say we always causing trouble.. well the only time i ever got mad was when ppl were trating me of freaking arab..

RE: RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by violator999 on 05-02-2005 at 07:30 AM

Thanks for the previous replies guys. that's what i wanted to say, coz there's a general opinion about arabs, that they're all terrorists and considered a lower race or something, that's what i've seen, and it's all coz of the media imo, the media doesn't show what's really happening, but if u ask me, i'd say both sides are making huge mistakes by killing innocent people, both of them are wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

but most of y all dunno this.. arab means ppl who are muslim and who talk arabic..

but whenever ppl see me talkinmg arabic, im a fucking arab, and personlly its getting irritating, ppl say we always causing trouble.. well the only time i ever got mad was when ppl were trating me of freaking arab..

huh ? why would u be insulted !
You're lebanese, you're an arab, it's as simple as that.
it's not about being muslim of christian or anything else, it's where ur from man, i could be buddhist if i wanted to, i'd still be an arab!
RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by azn angel on 05-02-2005 at 08:19 AM

my cousins are muslims and they are not freaky. in fact theyre are as normal as anyone. honestly i think americans are scarier that arabs.

RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by -Bogan- on 05-02-2005 at 08:31 AM

I'm good freinds with an arab but he's not a muslim and he's a great fella.

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac

I'm arab myself and i've seen many generalisations from people not knowing the difference between arab and muslim or between arab/muslim and terrorist which is sad but due to lack of knowledge on the subject, ignorance leads to people generalising too much and making asumptions on people because of some (stupid peices of ****) people that did the worst stuff ever and got very famous terrorising people.

Yeah your so right about the whole generalisation thang but it's all got to do with the media all they show is the terrorist bombings and that making the general public think thats the way they all act.
RE: RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by BluexDreams on 05-03-2005 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

Umm since when Arabs are the people who are Muslim and talk Arabic? That's not true. You are an Arab when your parents are, when you are. Plus, it's not a necessity to be a muslim to be an Arabic person. There are a lot of Christians arabs, even Jewish Arabs.

Sorry, that wasn't really related to the topic.
RE: Opinions needed ( what do u think of arabs ) by Lilo on 05-04-2005 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
there's nothing wrong with arabs in general. you get good and bad arabs the same as you get good and bad christians, jews etc etc

I totally agree (Y)
And some groups of people may have a bad name, but that's caused by a minority, so it isnt right to judge any group of people in that way.